CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

:: Lynnieluve ::

+51
bholmes87
MsJay1121
A85
BlakButterfli
afroangel#1
MahoganyCurls
jamaicacurl
BattleKat
NubieNatty
Serenity23
StephanieB
TerraD
NaturalChica
FemmeFox
tiashaunteƩ
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
p_nuttie43
Courtney
d.denise
SheeTacular
vmichelle
Pinkrage
cococurly
lena73
AfrikanLatina
Notthecoolmom
DanceOnTheSkylines
Curly Film Chick
CocaColaCutie
Leila
dajewel
LilMsPuddles
HumanNature
Juices-n-Berries
Blackbeauty
NaturalNixon
traveljunkie08
nmoultry
adiaha
lovesunshine17
sweetdrk1
Preezie
Freestyles
curly+kinky+fierce
Kea::curls
Intelligentbeauty
.:Eden:.
ChrsLvsBks
NylaCoils
Lynnieluve
55 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 11 Empty Re: :: Lynnieluve ::

Post by traveljunkie08 1st January 2010, 7:10 pm

Do you want to start an official challenge thread with me? I think our personal no challenge rules are fairly similar. Maybe in the official challenge, all participants can list out their inventory then go back and update it as they use things up to keep themselves honest? I know for me at least I didn't know how much I had until I wrote it down. What do you think? Any other rules?
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 1st January 2010, 7:23 pm

Lynn,

I love your no buy challenge. I can't say that I have everything I need for the next 2 months. I use a pomade from Carol's Daughter for my twists and I'm getting VERY low. If I can find a cheaper one that does the job at a store instead of ordering I might be able to join along. Maybe just not immediately.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 1st January 2010, 7:31 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Weightloss Journey -
Before - a pic of me Easter Weekend with my 90 yr old great aunt.

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 11 0ne_ye11

I hope by sharing this, I am able to help someone else.

You know Lynnieluve I KNEW there was a reason I liked you and our connection....HELLO SOROR!!! OO-OOP! :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 11 Herz
vmichelle
vmichelle

http://mynaturalme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 1st January 2010, 7:33 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:(Week 2 Day 3)

This morning, I co washed my hair with VO5 Herbal Escapes Clarifying Conditioner and Aussie Moist Conditioner. I deep conditioned with VO5 Moisture Milks and olive oil. I sat under the hooded dryer about 20 minutes and then let it marinate for about 2 hours. Rinsed it out and started what ended up being an all day process :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 11 Icon_eek . BTW, I loved the results of the deep conditioner - soft moisturized hair!

I put Beyond the Zone Leave In Conditioner (it's a spray), Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Nectar and coconut oil in my hair and pickeded out the 'fro to air dry. My hair was still really soft. It's still to early to give a verdict on the Hair Nectar.

Styling my hair

It took ALL day! My son (22 months) was super clingy today. I couldnt move...he want to lay on me, sit on my lap, me to pick him up. I couldnt even start on my hair until he went down for his nap. I like to get me a little shut eye while he is napping but it wasnt happening today.

So after reading curly+kinky+fierce's thread yesterday I decided to do finger coils :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 11 Icon_scratch . This was my second time doing them with the first time being over a month ago. WHY DID IT TAKE ME 4 HOURS....4 HOURS TO DO MY HAIR??!!??!!!!??! My plan was to do a coil out tomorrow but you best to believe I will be wearing these coils until the weekend!!

Here are some pics:

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 11 First_10

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 11 First_11

I used my shea butter mix with aloe vera gel to do them. They look kinda like locs. It took me so long to do them, I dont even know I feel about them. What do you think? I hope the coil out turns out nice.

Later ladies!!

Absolutely STUNNING!
vmichelle
vmichelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st January 2010, 8:13 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Happy New Year!

Lil sis, you are treating your hair right. It looks great! When I heard you mention your spritz, I remembered you writing that your husband liked the smell of lemongrass. I am thinking of getting it myself since my husband likes lemon pound cake.

As far as protein treatment, mayo and an egg always worked for me. If you want light protein Giovanni's Smooth as Silk. Wheat germ oil and coconut milk all have a little protein. Check the products you have now. Some may have protein in the first few ingredients.

@sweetdrk1, please be careful using glycerin now that it is cold up north. I made the mistake of using some left over conditioner and glycerin I had in my gym bag recently. Let's say my hair was crispy. Yes, it actually made a crunch sound, ewwww. You could try it on a small patch in a small corner at the nape of your neck to see what happens. If that doesn't work, you can try something similar with aloe vera gel/juice, water and EO.

Thanks Big Sis! LOL @ you getting lemongrass because your hubby likes lemon pound cake.

Now that I have started the no buy challenge, I will have to check my cabinets for my protein treatments.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st January 2010, 8:21 pm

traveljunkie08 wrote:Do you want to start an official challenge thread with me? I think our personal no challenge rules are fairly similar. Maybe in the official challenge, all participants can list out their inventory then go back and update it as they use things up to keep themselves honest? I know for me at least I didn't know how much I had until I wrote it down. What do you think? Any other rules?

Yes. Count me in! I've never been in a challenge so it is all new to me. Your suggestions sound good to me. Let's make it happen! What do I need to do?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st January 2010, 8:26 pm

Notthecoolmom wrote:Lynn,

I love your no buy challenge. I can't say that I have everything I need for the next 2 months. I use a pomade from Carol's Daughter for my twists and I'm getting VERY low. If I can find a cheaper one that does the job at a store instead of ordering I might be able to join along. Maybe just not immediately.

Traveljunkie and I are teaming together to start an official challenge. Join after you get what you really need.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st January 2010, 8:34 pm

vmichelle wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:Weightloss Journey -
Before - a pic of me Easter Weekend with my 90 yr old great aunt.

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 11 0ne_ye11

I hope by sharing this, I am able to help someone else.

You know Lynnieluve I KNEW there was a reason I liked you and our connection....HELLO SOROR!!! OO-OOP! :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 11 Herz
Hey Soror!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st January 2010, 8:40 pm

vmichelle wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:(Week 2 Day 3)

This morning, I co washed my hair with VO5 Herbal Escapes Clarifying Conditioner and Aussie Moist Conditioner. I deep conditioned with VO5 Moisture Milks and olive oil. I sat under the hooded dryer about 20 minutes and then let it marinate for about 2 hours. Rinsed it out and started what ended up being an all day process :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 11 Icon_eek . BTW, I loved the results of the deep conditioner - soft moisturized hair!

I put Beyond the Zone Leave In Conditioner (it's a spray), Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Nectar and coconut oil in my hair and pickeded out the 'fro to air dry. My hair was still really soft. It's still to early to give a verdict on the Hair Nectar.

Styling my hair

It took ALL day! My son (22 months) was super clingy today. I couldnt move...he want to lay on me, sit on my lap, me to pick him up. I couldnt even start on my hair until he went down for his nap. I like to get me a little shut eye while he is napping but it wasnt happening today.

So after reading curly+kinky+fierce's thread yesterday I decided to do finger coils :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 11 Icon_scratch . This was my second time doing them with the first time being over a month ago. WHY DID IT TAKE ME 4 HOURS....4 HOURS TO DO MY HAIR??!!??!!!!??! My plan was to do a coil out tomorrow but you best to believe I will be wearing these coils until the weekend!!

Here are some pics:

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 11 First_10

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 11 First_11

I used my shea butter mix with aloe vera gel to do them. They look kinda like locs. It took me so long to do them, I dont even know I feel about them. What do you think? I hope the coil out turns out nice.

Later ladies!!

Absolutely STUNNING!

Thanks VMichelle!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 1st January 2010, 8:56 pm

Personally, I LOVE the coils...can't wait for the coil out!
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st January 2010, 8:59 pm

Freestyles wrote:Personally, I LOVE the coils...can't wait for the coil out!

My hair is in two strand twist. The coils and coil out was done last week.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 1st January 2010, 10:01 pm

I wont officially join you but i guess i wont stalk people until they buy the BOGO...lol
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 1st January 2010, 11:12 pm

Okay, I started the thread. Help keep it active and encourage folks to participate if they want. I tried to keep it flexible so people could join in whenever they want and set their own personal challenge goals.

I sooooo need this. It was getting out of hand.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 1st January 2010, 11:43 pm

@sweetdrk1, please be careful using glycerin now that it is cold up north. I made the mistake of using some left over conditioner and glycerin I had in my gym bag recently. Let's say my hair was crispy. Yes, it actually made a crunch sound, ewwww. You could try it on a small patch in a small corner at the nape of your neck to see what happens. If that doesn't work, you can try something similar with aloe vera gel/juice, water and EO

Chrs I am not going to try anything new..this protien scare has me shook up!! thanks for the info *smooches*
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 2nd January 2010, 2:37 am

Love the naked hair pics!!

http://members.fotki.com/jhippolyte/about

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd January 2010, 2:45 am

Thanks Eden! I always show the finished product of a style so I thought it would be good to show my hair naked.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 2nd January 2010, 2:55 am

I had to go backwards I missed the naked hair pics...you have beautiful thick hair sis!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd January 2010, 3:00 am

Thanks Sweetdrk!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd January 2010, 2:22 pm

(Weekend Hair Update)

My hair is in two strand twist. They are still moisturized but I think I am gonna put a little coconut oil on them.

So the past two weeks, I have being paying special attention to my ends and they are really thanking me. Just when I think I need my ends clipped, I pamper them, and they are back to normal. I said that to ask, how often should I clip my ends? or should I go by how they feel?

I forgot to share my hair milestone yesterday. While I was washing it yesterday, I noticed my sides were hanging over my ears and the hair in the back is hanging on my neck. WooHoo for hanging hair!! :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 11 678474

That's all for now.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 2nd January 2010, 2:24 pm

LOVE the hanging hair!!! Woooo hooooo!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 2nd January 2010, 3:29 pm

Gotta love hanging hair! You're growth is phenomenal!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 2nd January 2010, 3:29 pm

hey! so there is an official challenge?? is it for products?? (im sorry..ill go back and read..)

where can i find the thread?
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 2nd January 2010, 3:32 pm

Nice Lynnieluve...may I ask whats your usual regimen for your ends? Your hair always looks to nice...I see you growing with the draping over the ear...gon girl!!! LOL
vmichelle
vmichelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd January 2010, 4:02 pm

Thanks SDO, ALatina, and VMichelle!

The official No Buy Challenge can be found here.

@ vmichelle - I am doing overnight prepoos with oils and doing oil rinses when I wash. I'm also making sure I focus on my ends when I moisturize.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 2nd January 2010, 6:12 pm

As far as clipping ends, you will get different opinions. Right now I am of the opinion of looking at your ends when nearly dry with conditioner and seeing if they look ragged. I plan to go on seek and destroy missions when they are in twists. I will dampen my hair and look for split ends and knots to cut off.

Some trim twice a year, depending on the season, so they trim before winter and summer. Others by the moon's phases. I read about that and it seemed very interesting (did not do it though). I have also read about curlies cutting their hair using the banding/stretching method.

I'd be interested in knowing others trimming methods, ideas, tips, etc. Maybe it should be a post in the Stylin' and Profilin' section. What do you think?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next