KIMMAYTUBE'S "REVEAL"

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: KIMMAYTUBE'S "REVEAL"

Post by krys315 on 3rd February 2011, 1:05 am

LMAO I love this video making fun of her. Well it's not really about her, but it seems like it could be


I mean I dont have a problem with her.. I just feel like she sort of wants to be a star and its not really about helping.

watch da video!! lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFCGAaBSeok
avatar
krys315

Posts : 280
Join date : 2010-06-27
Age : 28
Location : The Poconos and Philly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KIMMAYTUBE'S "REVEAL"

Post by Nali1987 on 3rd February 2011, 1:19 am

I love her earlier videos, especially the one when she's drawing, remember that? But over time, in my opinion, she's become kind of pompous in her videos and in her replies to comments left on her videos. Even plain rude sometimes. The last seconds of her Leave in video rub me the wrong way. THAT SAID, she's done her research and what she's achieved with her hair over a short amount of time, is incredible. I watch her video to learn more about haircare, not really a fan of her personality.
avatar
Nali1987

Posts : 210
Join date : 2010-10-07
Location : Amsterdam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KIMMAYTUBE'S "REVEAL"

Post by BajanPrincess82 on 3rd February 2011, 9:31 pm

How long can one stare into the mirror/camera while touching their hair? Wow.
avatar
BajanPrincess82

Posts : 910
Join date : 2009-10-25
Age : 35
Location : Houston, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KIMMAYTUBE'S "REVEAL"

Post by earthy natural on 3rd February 2011, 9:34 pm

I had not even heard of Chime til I read this thread, now I need to keep myself away from her channel b/c I don't know how helpful it will be to drool at the computer screen over all dat hair!!!

Kimmaytube is one of my faves and always will be!
avatar
earthy natural

Posts : 37
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : GA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KIMMAYTUBE'S "REVEAL"

Post by fanmnatirel on 3rd February 2011, 11:26 pm

@earthy Natural...you hair is gorgeous.......
avatar
fanmnatirel

Posts : 359
Join date : 2010-01-09
Location : Dallas, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KIMMAYTUBE'S "REVEAL"

Post by creolebeauty1 on 3rd February 2011, 11:29 pm

YES earthy your hair is NICE PICS PLEASE i can use some hair porn to motivate me afro
avatar
creolebeauty1

Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-11-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KIMMAYTUBE'S "REVEAL"

Post by Keisha on 3rd February 2011, 11:31 pm

creolebeauty1 wrote:YES earthy your hair is NICE PICS PLEASE i can use some hair porn to motivate me afro

I 2nd that... awesome hair miss.
avatar
Keisha

Posts : 237
Join date : 2009-10-24
Age : 33
Location : Long Beach, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KIMMAYTUBE'S "REVEAL"

Post by Jazzyrin on 3rd February 2011, 11:33 pm

there should be a hair porn thread
avatar
Jazzyrin

Posts : 86
Join date : 2010-03-13
Age : 27
Location : Long Island, NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KIMMAYTUBE'S "REVEAL"

Post by creolebeauty1 on 3rd February 2011, 11:56 pm

i can post this inspiration video i made Smile lol
avatar
creolebeauty1

Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-11-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KIMMAYTUBE'S "REVEAL"

Post by NikG20 on 4th February 2011, 12:24 am

My volume doesn't work but her hair looks great!

If we're talking about '4' hair idols, mwedzi wins that handsdown for me! I love you
avatar
NikG20

Posts : 728
Join date : 2009-10-27

View user profile http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: KIMMAYTUBE'S "REVEAL"

Post by creolebeauty1 on 4th February 2011, 1:25 am


I just went on there and checked her out and had a hairgasm thank you simply gorgeous was her hair always long or did she grow it to that length i like to watch the before and after's
avatar
creolebeauty1

Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-11-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KIMMAYTUBE'S "REVEAL"

Post by Nali1987 on 4th February 2011, 2:07 am

NikG20 wrote:My volume doesn't work but her hair looks great!

If we're talking about '4' hair idols, mwedzi wins that handsdown for me! I love you


Her Fotki made me drool.
avatar
Nali1987

Posts : 210
Join date : 2010-10-07
Location : Amsterdam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KIMMAYTUBE'S "REVEAL"

Post by fanmnatirel on 4th February 2011, 2:29 am

Nali1987 wrote:
NikG20 wrote:My volume doesn't work but her hair looks great!

If we're talking about '4' hair idols, mwedzi wins that handsdown for me! I love you


Her Fotki made me drool.


OMG!!! She gave me hope....
avatar
fanmnatirel

Posts : 359
Join date : 2010-01-09
Location : Dallas, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KIMMAYTUBE'S "REVEAL"

Post by BrownSkinDiva on 4th February 2011, 10:41 am

I love Kimmays tips and no matter what her hair did literally grow before our eyes so it really shows how we can grow our hair if we maintain it too. I use her leave in recipe, but modify it and i love it!!
avatar
BrownSkinDiva

Posts : 798
Join date : 2009-12-03
Age : 35
Location : Raleigh/Durham, NC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KIMMAYTUBE'S "REVEAL"

Post by funkyhairchic on 4th February 2011, 4:59 pm

Nessa101 wrote:She kind of annoys me lol. She seems full of herself

I agree! I've been thinking the same thing for quite sometime. Her hair is pretty and I'll give her credit, but she needs to learn a little humility, too.
avatar
funkyhairchic

Posts : 179
Join date : 2010-12-03
Age : 38
Location : Dallas, TX

View user profile http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Re: KIMMAYTUBE'S "REVEAL"

Post by dajewel on 4th February 2011, 8:57 pm

hey, guys. soooo, um yeah.....kimmaytube.... i don't have no problem supporting minorities and women in their goals. am not going to lie: i admire her hair and the due diligence she has put into growing and maintaining it and her other goals. BUT it is her perceived passive aggressive behavior that turns me off of her almost completely. case in point, this is what she wrote in her video description box for part two of her blow out video:

" Just enjoy the darn video. Surprised) I disabled the ratings so that you won't annoy me with reportings on "haters" blah blah. Seriously, some of y'all stress on the negative too much. I'm now PAID (good money, mind you!!! Surprised) to put up with it. And you're not, so you really shouldn't have anything to say or feel about it. My feelings ain't hurt and it comes with the Youtube "fame" territory! I can't think of a single top, mainstream youtube partner that doesn't get a percentage of dislikes. Why would I be any different? Besides, I like not having a cult-like following. Hate me, but I love you for what you do.

Anyway, here I am unedited playing in my hair for a LONG TIME. If you didn't like me before, Oh, honey, you gone HATE me after this video boo-boo. Surprised) So if the sight of a black woman posing and clowning in front of the camera gets under your skin, exit stage left. You've been warned! LOL! Surprised)


p.s. This is the video I made BEFORE the much calmer (part 1 version) ;o)"

was this description even warranted??? i only wish she would be ballsy enough to say this on camara than rather write it.

...curlies, it is quite possible we are watching the public rise and fall of a great role model in the community...all due to some unaddressed issue from her past imo: she reminds me of a duckling considered to be ugly that grew into a beautiful swan but with an ego the size bigger than 3000 worlds combined (i wonder if she reads these forums??)...kinda reminds of Sidibe.
avatar
dajewel

Posts : 1760
Join date : 2009-10-23
Age : 35
Location : orlando, florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KIMMAYTUBE'S "REVEAL"

Post by Nali1987 on 4th February 2011, 9:00 pm

Actually I've read worst comments from her.
avatar
Nali1987

Posts : 210
Join date : 2010-10-07
Location : Amsterdam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KIMMAYTUBE'S "REVEAL"

Post by MEGAFAITH on 4th February 2011, 9:06 pm

i wish she will flat iron her hair already smh why show to videos of your blow dried hair
avatar
MEGAFAITH

Posts : 166
Join date : 2010-05-06
Age : 34
Location : BIRMINGHAM A.L.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KIMMAYTUBE'S "REVEAL"

Post by Nali1987 on 4th February 2011, 9:08 pm

MEGAFAITH wrote:i wish she will flat iron her hair already smh why show to videos of your blow dried hair

Views equal money. Razz
avatar
Nali1987

Posts : 210
Join date : 2010-10-07
Location : Amsterdam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KIMMAYTUBE'S "REVEAL"

Post by funkyhairchic on 4th February 2011, 9:20 pm

dajewel wrote:hey, guys. soooo, um yeah.....kimmaytube.... i don't have no problem supporting minorities and women in their goals. am not going to lie: i admire her hair and the due diligence she has put into growing and maintaining it and her other goals. BUT it is her perceived passive aggressive behavior that turns me off of her almost completely. case in point, this is what she wrote in her video description box for part two of her blow out video:

" Just enjoy the darn video. Surprised) I disabled the ratings so that you won't annoy me with reportings on "haters" blah blah. Seriously, some of y'all stress on the negative too much. I'm now PAID (good money, mind you!!! Surprised) to put up with it. And you're not, so you really shouldn't have anything to say or feel about it. My feelings ain't hurt and it comes with the Youtube "fame" territory! I can't think of a single top, mainstream youtube partner that doesn't get a percentage of dislikes. Why would I be any different? Besides, I like not having a cult-like following. Hate me, but I love you for what you do.

Anyway, here I am unedited playing in my hair for a LONG TIME. If you didn't like me before, Oh, honey, you gone HATE me after this video boo-boo. Surprised) So if the sight of a black woman posing and clowning in front of the camera gets under your skin, exit stage left. You've been warned! LOL! Surprised)


p.s. This is the video I made BEFORE the much calmer (part 1 version) ;o)"

was this description even warranted??? i only wish she would be ballsy enough to say this on camara than rather write it.

...curlies, it is quite possible we are watching the public rise and fall of a great role model in the community...all due to some unaddressed issue from her past imo: she reminds me of a duckling considered to be ugly that grew into a beautiful swan but with an ego the size bigger than 3000 worlds combined (i wonder if she reads these forums??)...kinda reminds of Sidibe.

Exactly! What was the reason for the description? If it's squashed, then squash it and move on. Why does it bother you if someone dislikes your video? No one needs to read an explanation about your petty beef with other subscribers. Just post your video and keep it moving. If you choose to disable comments, ratings, etc., then do so without the harsh, condescending tone.

I started getting turned off with her tone in the last six months. She just has an arrogance about her now. There's a fine line between confidence and conceit. She really needs more humbleness and find a way to respond to opposition without being so personal.
avatar
funkyhairchic

Posts : 179
Join date : 2010-12-03
Age : 38
Location : Dallas, TX

View user profile http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Re: KIMMAYTUBE'S "REVEAL"

Post by Lynnieluve on 4th February 2011, 9:37 pm

Funkyhairchic wrote:
dajewel wrote:hey, guys. soooo, um yeah.....kimmaytube.... i don't have no problem supporting minorities and women in their goals. am not going to lie: i admire her hair and the due diligence she has put into growing and maintaining it and her other goals. BUT it is her perceived passive aggressive behavior that turns me off of her almost completely. case in point, this is what she wrote in her video description box for part two of her blow out video:

" Just enjoy the darn video. Surprised) I disabled the ratings so that you won't annoy me with reportings on "haters" blah blah. Seriously, some of y'all stress on the negative too much. I'm now PAID (good money, mind you!!! Surprised) to put up with it. And you're not, so you really shouldn't have anything to say or feel about it. My feelings ain't hurt and it comes with the Youtube "fame" territory! I can't think of a single top, mainstream youtube partner that doesn't get a percentage of dislikes. Why would I be any different? Besides, I like not having a cult-like following. Hate me, but I love you for what you do.

Anyway, here I am unedited playing in my hair for a LONG TIME. If you didn't like me before, Oh, honey, you gone HATE me after this video boo-boo. Surprised) So if the sight of a black woman posing and clowning in front of the camera gets under your skin, exit stage left. You've been warned! LOL! Surprised)


p.s. This is the video I made BEFORE the much calmer (part 1 version) ;o)"

was this description even warranted??? i only wish she would be ballsy enough to say this on camara than rather write it.

...curlies, it is quite possible we are watching the public rise and fall of a great role model in the community...all due to some unaddressed issue from her past imo: she reminds me of a duckling considered to be ugly that grew into a beautiful swan but with an ego the size bigger than 3000 worlds combined (i wonder if she reads these forums??)...kinda reminds of Sidibe.

Exactly! What was the reason for the description? If it's squashed, then squash it and move on. Why does it bother you if someone dislikes your video? No one needs to read an explanation about your petty beef with other subscribers. Just post your video and keep it moving. If you choose to disable comments, ratings, etc., then do so without the harsh, condescending tone.

I started getting turned off with her tone in the last six months. She just has an arrogance about her now. There's a fine line between confidence and conceit. She really needs more humbleness and find a way to respond to opposition without being so personal.

I agree!!

_________________
Self BC: August 9, 2009
"God will never put more on you than you can bear"

My Curl Street Journal

My Fotki

My Youtube Channel
avatar
Lynnieluve

Posts : 8638
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 39
Location : Mississippi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KIMMAYTUBE'S "REVEAL"

Post by tamtam7 on 5th February 2011, 8:43 am

I thought it was cool. I thought that her excitement was real and it was kinda fun seeing her reaction and excitement after meeting her goal. I probably would have felt the same way. Her hair is absolutely gorgeous too.
avatar
tamtam7

Posts : 324
Join date : 2009-11-06
Age : 40
Location : North Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KIMMAYTUBE'S "REVEAL"

Post by summerbreeze76 on 5th February 2011, 9:14 am

Wow, great growth. That is all Im going to say, you all have said everything else. LOL
avatar
summerbreeze76

Posts : 360
Join date : 2010-04-07
Age : 41
Location : DMV Area

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KIMMAYTUBE'S "REVEAL"

Post by Emartini04 on 5th February 2011, 6:26 pm

Nessa101 wrote:She kind of annoys me lol. She seems full of herself


LOL.

I want her hair length.
avatar
Emartini04

Posts : 433
Join date : 2010-10-11
Location : New York City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KIMMAYTUBE'S "REVEAL"

Post by tiashaunteé on 5th February 2011, 8:45 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
Funkyhairchic wrote:
dajewel wrote:hey, guys. soooo, um yeah.....kimmaytube.... i don't have no problem supporting minorities and women in their goals. am not going to lie: i admire her hair and the due diligence she has put into growing and maintaining it and her other goals. BUT it is her perceived passive aggressive behavior that turns me off of her almost completely. case in point, this is what she wrote in her video description box for part two of her blow out video:

" Just enjoy the darn video. Surprised) I disabled the ratings so that you won't annoy me with reportings on "haters" blah blah. Seriously, some of y'all stress on the negative too much. I'm now PAID (good money, mind you!!! Surprised) to put up with it. And you're not, so you really shouldn't have anything to say or feel about it. My feelings ain't hurt and it comes with the Youtube "fame" territory! I can't think of a single top, mainstream youtube partner that doesn't get a percentage of dislikes. Why would I be any different? Besides, I like not having a cult-like following. Hate me, but I love you for what you do.

Anyway, here I am unedited playing in my hair for a LONG TIME. If you didn't like me before, Oh, honey, you gone HATE me after this video boo-boo. Surprised) So if the sight of a black woman posing and clowning in front of the camera gets under your skin, exit stage left. You've been warned! LOL! Surprised)


p.s. This is the video I made BEFORE the much calmer (part 1 version) ;o)"

was this description even warranted??? i only wish she would be ballsy enough to say this on camara than rather write it.

...curlies, it is quite possible we are watching the public rise and fall of a great role model in the community...all due to some unaddressed issue from her past imo: she reminds me of a duckling considered to be ugly that grew into a beautiful swan but with an ego the size bigger than 3000 worlds combined (i wonder if she reads these forums??)...kinda reminds of Sidibe.

Exactly! What was the reason for the description? If it's squashed, then squash it and move on. Why does it bother you if someone dislikes your video? No one needs to read an explanation about your petty beef with other subscribers. Just post your video and keep it moving. If you choose to disable comments, ratings, etc., then do so without the harsh, condescending tone.

I started getting turned off with her tone in the last six months. She just has an arrogance about her now. There's a fine line between confidence and conceit. She really needs more humbleness and find a way to respond to opposition without being so personal.

I agree!!

Ditto!
I used to love and was addicted to watching her videos. Then once those outbursts started happening I had to unsubscribe. It does not matter how good you think you are - I can't support foolishness and rudeness. It's YouTube and there are still ppl out there that have NEVER heard of this chick so it would benefit her to ton it down a lot if she wants to really do big things with her future endeavors. She is a hustler, I'll give her that - she is showing ppl how to use common sense (not necessarily research). Her regimen is simple and I believe almost every can achieve length with proper care and maintenance.
avatar
tiashaunteé

Posts : 4297
Join date : 2009-10-23
Age : 35
Location : Raleigh, NC

View user profile http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: KIMMAYTUBE'S "REVEAL"

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum