CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KIMMAYTUBE'S "REVEAL"

+54
natalie24
curlyzeta1920
FemmeNaturel
authenticbeauty
exhale1913
DvaAuNaturel
JessiWantsCurls
elitebeauty13
GirlFriday
Jo Somebody
MrsJones
Pretty_Vee
Kicha
omgitsaj
JaliseH
Mangos&Bananas
krazy coils
naturallychelsea
Intelligentbeauty
Thinice
tiashaunteé
Emartini04
summerbreeze76
tamtam7
Lynnieluve
MEGAFAITH
dajewel
funkyhairchic
BrownSkinDiva
NikG20
Keisha
earthy natural
BajanPrincess82
krys419
Duchess52
Ambitious_Tiff
deeply_rooted_chick
Kea::curls
ChrsLvsBks
rayray19
DreamMerchant
pretty,Pleaseee
creolebeauty1
ladybug
naturalnanz
CarlaAR
fanmnatirel
Tnt38
Jazzyrin
Brainiac
cluelesscurl
Nali1987
Nessa101
FalconTress
58 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

KIMMAYTUBE'S "REVEAL" - Page 4 Empty Re: KIMMAYTUBE'S "REVEAL"

Post by tiashaunteé 7th February 2011, 5:16 pm

naturallychelsea wrote:Irregardless of her bad ways I love the act that I witnessed her hair grow before my very eyes. Also her hair is like mine (little corkscrews) so I had inspiration. However, like many of you have poited out we can not allow someone to feel that what they are doing is right or allow then to make money off of our poor heads whilst offending us.

So to replace her who should I be stalking instead?

Naptural85 cheers
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 7th February 2011, 5:28 pm

naturallychelsea wrote:Irregardless of her bad ways I love the act that I witnessed her hair grow before my very eyes. Also her hair is like mine (little corkscrews) so I had inspiration. However, like many of you have poited out we can not allow someone to feel that what they are doing is right or allow then to make money off of our poor heads whilst offending us.

Well you can still watch her videos. She does a lot of research. But most of the stuff she makes videos about you can easily find online though. "The curl whisperer" (sometimes posts on CN) http://www.livecurlylivefree.com/curly%20hair%20basics.htm talks about PH etc, etc. But with Kimmaytube I think by now has made videos about everything important. What's the weekendshow about? I watched it but the pinky-rainbowy-background gave me a headache. I don't even think she has anything new to talk about anymore. (I don't think anyone does, to be honest. When you grasp the basics and use common sense, you got it figured out.)

I would be interested to watch product reviews from her, but she went on a rant a while back about why she's not doing those anymore.

For styles and hair information I like..
SimplYounique
Moptopmaven
Rusticbeauty

Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 7th February 2011, 6:22 pm

thnx guys for the suggestions but does anyone know where moptopmaven went?
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 7th February 2011, 6:28 pm

I tried to comment on her video and saw that I have been blocked from commenting. lmao I guess I must have told her about herself at some point!

That is hilarious

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 7th February 2011, 6:37 pm

krys315 wrote:I tried to comment on her video and saw that I have been blocked from commenting. lmao I guess I must have told her about herself at some point!

That is hilarious

Are you serious. Wow this is intense. I blog now and I pray to God that I never turn out like that. Lord let me always be humble.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 7th February 2011, 6:49 pm

naturallychelsea wrote:
krys315 wrote:I tried to comment on her video and saw that I have been blocked from commenting. lmao I guess I must have told her about herself at some point!

That is hilarious

Are you serious. Wow this is intense. I blog now and I pray to God that I never turn out like that. Lord let me always be humble.

I don't even look at her videos and honestly remember her only for leave in. Knowing myself, I probably asked her why she was being rude or something. I'm not a rude person but can't stand when people have attitudes. And yes stay humble. It's fine to be confident, but not disrepectful and condescending.

On her straightening video someone commented saying she prefers the curly look because it has more personality and kimmy goes on to say something like "im not sraightening for 'personality' but blah blah" I don't remmeber hwat she said but it was straight up RUDE in a backhanded way.

She is annoying and I hope this convo about her ends soon. She is not worth it.

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 7th February 2011, 6:58 pm

naturallychelsea wrote:Sorry to interrupt but Funky that hair and outfit has me in love

Awww, thanks Naturally! Smile
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 7th February 2011, 7:03 pm

I've learned more from Naptural85 than I've learned from Kimmaytube, in all honesty. She's seems geniune and her videos are entertaining. I'm a fan of Nap and I think she'll be the next up and coming YTer and knock Little Miss Kim Love out of the "fame" circle.
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJones 7th February 2011, 7:18 pm

Wow, I see there is some serious haterism going on in here. I never got an arrogant vibe from her. If you mean she seems full of herself because she did her research and feels confident in the information she is giving to her viewers, I think you may have misunderstood her. I don't see anything wrong with being confident in your words and actions.

Last edited by MrsJones on 7th February 2011, 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ....)
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 7th February 2011, 7:25 pm

MrsJones wrote:Wow, I see there is some serious haterism going on in here. I never got an arrogant vibe from her. If you mean she seems full of herself because she did her research and feels confident in the information she is giving to her viewers, I think you may have misunderstood her. I don't see anything wrong with being confident in your words and actions.

Haterism? You're kidding me right? Just because I don't like her personality and she comes off rude and obnoxious to me doesn't mean I'm hating on her. Not everyone is going to like her, not everyone is going to agree with what she said or does, doesn't mean there's haterism going on. Just because people disagree with your personal opinion on someone doesn't mean they're hating. When I say Rush Limbaugh acts like a jackass, is because I happen to think he's acting like a jackass. Someone else might love him.
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 7th February 2011, 7:31 pm

MrsJones wrote:Wow, I see there is some serious haterism going on in here. I never got an arrogant vibe from her. If you mean she seems full of herself because she did her research and feels confident in the information she is giving to her viewers, I think you may have misunderstood her. I don't see anything wrong with being confident in your words and actions.

I too shared your sentiment when I found this thread but upon closer inspection I have changed my mind. In an earlier post someone actually posted her comments and I have done my own search for her comments and I am a disappointed since she was my idol and I admired her growth plus she was my hair twin so I had something to aspire to. However, as a business woman she needs to learn that not everyone will like what you have to say or the product which you are offering. Imagine what would happen if people from Kinky curly or miss jessies had to come on the forums and give everyone a piece of their mind whenever they got a bad review. She is just handling the situation wrongly.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJones 7th February 2011, 8:51 pm

Wow, I had no idea she was acting like this. I just went back to read you guys comments. This completely changes my opinion on her. Beautiful hair, but damn.
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Somebody 8th February 2011, 5:50 pm

Wow! What a mess she's gotten herself in! This makes me sad as she was the first person I was recommended to watch and my first hair-related subscribe. I kinda have her linked in my head with my whole journey, including the year or so I read and researched before deciding to transition.
I had never noticed the comments from her so didn't realise she was like this.

I haven't actually watched a vid of hers for a while, but I'll keep my subscription because there are old videos I still want to catch up on. I'm just disappointed. Sad
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 8th February 2011, 7:05 pm

naturallychelsea wrote:thnx guys for the suggestions but does anyone know where moptopmaven went?

She has been ill. I read a prayer request in someone's CSJ but I cannot remember which one.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 8th February 2011, 7:47 pm

Poor thing I really do miss her and her gorgeous tresses. she'll be in my prayers
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlFriday 8th February 2011, 8:06 pm

Yeah, I'm done... I'm new to this you tube thing, but I think I'll find somebody else with a better attitude... I only saw a couple of videos and thought that she was being a bit snotty. I'm big on not being rude to the people that got you here... SN her hair is very pretty though.
GirlFriday
GirlFriday

Back to top Go down

Post by elitebeauty13 8th February 2011, 8:07 pm

[quote="deeply_rooted_chick"]
Funkyhairchic wrote:
dajewel wrote:Exactly! What was the reason for the description? If it's squashed, then squash it and move on. Why does it bother you if someone dislikes your video? No one needs to read an explanation about your petty beef with other subscribers. Just post your video and keep it moving. If you choose to disable comments, ratings, etc., then do so without the harsh, condescending tone.
l.
\

What you said she is saying in the description box is the exact opposite of what she is saying. She is tired of her subscribers telling her that people who dislike are HATERS or HATING on her video. I always look at comments on different videos and so many people feel the need to comment on it and she is telling them dont focus on the negative I just want to be happy I reached my goal. And she is not the only youtuber I heard telling their subscribers to not comment on the dislikes. Plenty flat out said in their video "you are letting them win by even giving them attention stop." I dont think that is bitchy at all it isn't fair to her to have people pay more attention to them than her when she is the one making the videos for the public.
I'm so glad you said this. I was beginning to think that I was crazy and unable to comprehend because I took it just the way you did. I think so many people already have negative perceptions of her that no matter what she say/type they will find a way to turn it into something that its not meant to be.
elitebeauty13
elitebeauty13

http://elitebeauty13.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JessiWantsCurls 8th February 2011, 8:29 pm

I watched one video of hers. I think it was when she had her husband commenting on the smell and texture of a couple of styling gels. Anyways, i was completely turned off by her responses to a couple of commenters, so I just never went back. I honestly can't even comment on her hair because her hair wasnt in this particular video. I'm a relatively new transitioner so she was well into her journey by the time I saw this video.
JessiWantsCurls
JessiWantsCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 9th February 2011, 9:58 am

tiashaunteé wrote:

Naptural85 cheers

ditto!!!! great personality, amazing hair and just down right down to earth!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 9th February 2011, 11:49 am

Nali1987 wrote:
Nessa101 wrote:She kind of annoys me lol. She seems full of herself

Yeah, I agree. But I ignore all that and focus on her hair.

+1 to both.

I just keep thinking pride goeth before a fall. I hope she'll take all of the constructive criticism that people have provided her and use it to continue to do her thing. I think she is talented but lacks humility. When you don't treat people with respect (her subbies) they will not support you. She needs to stop focusing on the drama/haters/negativity and focus on those who do support her w/o all of that.

But, I do say that people need to READ when they visit these channels/blogs. Someone left Kimmay a note the other day asking how long she had been natural. I'm like, really?! Clearly they didn't even attempt to check out any of the posted information or her previous videos, which would have answered the question. I could see why she would be annoyed but it's not WHAT you say, it's HOW you say it.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 9th February 2011, 1:32 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:
Nali1987 wrote:
Nessa101 wrote:She kind of annoys me lol. She seems full of herself

Yeah, I agree. But I ignore all that and focus on her hair.

+1 to both.

I just keep thinking pride goeth before a fall. I hope she'll take all of the constructive criticism that people have provided her and use it to continue to do her thing. I think she is talented but lacks humility. When you don't treat people with respect (her subbies) they will not support you. She needs to stop focusing on the drama/haters/negativity and focus on those who do support her w/o all of that.

But, I do say that people need to READ when they visit these channels/blogs. Someone left Kimmay a note the other day asking how long she had been natural. I'm like, really?! Clearly they didn't even attempt to check out any of the posted information or her previous videos, which would have answered the question. I could see why she would be annoyed but it's not WHAT you say, it's HOW you say it.

I think that is very common with YT. I get asked questions that I already explained in the description. I always say that if you want to keep a secret, write it down because ppl do not read.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by exhale1913 9th February 2011, 2:27 pm

Nali1987 wrote:
naturallychelsea wrote:
Granted she probably should have just let sleeping dogs lie however she is human and even her response was classy. There was no cursing head and eye rolling insulting etc. She simply stated her case and said that she was not pleased. As for the description let's face it ladies we all have our breaking points. She is probably just fed up and you would be too if you had hundreds of people from all around the world saying hurtful things about you that you felt you did not deserve. She is really resiliant to keep it up and launch her site and all regardless.
It is easy for us here on the outside to say that she handled it badly however if we were in the same situation we probably would have cussed a b!tch out. Lol

Actually. She has a history of cussing people/trolls/haters out.

kimm (August 29, 2010)
@cherub
You dumb heifer, how is that for sincerity? Don't let the cutesy smile fool you.
Bother me again while I'm trying to get work done and I'll put you on blast and unleash the beast on your imaginary ***.

kimmaytube
(August 29, 2010)
@cherubAnd while you're at it, get a proper education. Cause it takes a real bonafide, brainless idiot to say what you've said. Brainwashing people to buying products that aren't mine? How stupid are you, really?That makes a hell of a lot of sense. Promoting products that aren't mine & from which I gain nothing financially. Did you finish 1st grade?
You better back the hell off & sit your *** down before I serve it to you on a platter.
kimmaytube (August 29, 2010)
@cherub
Perfect example of the low life, faceless cowards I was referring to. Sincerity? Where are YOUR videos? In fact, who are YOU? Show your face. I have an entire 3 part hair journey video WITH PHOTOS showing 12 yrs of struggling with my hair. Breakage, dyes, texturizers. & countless videos teaching others how I've learned to manage my hair, not to mention a financial series warning against
credt use. You don't know me, you don't even know who the hell you are. Get a hobby troll.
cherub (August 29, 2010)
@kimmaytube Every natural woman on youtube has those vids except YOU. So called ms. perfect. Stop deceiving ppl because your'e not sincere! The main reason you are on youtube is to brainwash naturals into buying products that isnt even yours to begin with.

"Unleash the beast on your imaginary ass." Lmao. There was some more. But I'm too lazy to find them all. One about her showing everyone not to play with Chicago women, I don't remember lol. Anyways she's running a business and as a businesswoman, you'd think she would know to ignore negative comments or react professionally. Online rants and pettiness is bad for business.

I was LITERALLY sitting here reading this with my mouth open!!! Don't get me wrong, I respect the success that she has had with length retention, and the work and effort she has put into her videos and building her brand, but she needs a public relations person in the worst way!!! Outbursts like this, and backhanded responses to commenters are going to limit her success.
exhale1913
exhale1913

Back to top Go down

Post by authenticbeauty 9th February 2011, 6:28 pm

naturallychelsea wrote:thnx guys for the suggestions but does anyone know where moptopmaven went?

She wrote on Twitter on Monday and said she's going to start blogging next week
authenticbeauty
authenticbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 9th February 2011, 6:34 pm

awesome cuz i missed her
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 9th February 2011, 7:03 pm

FalconTress wrote:

She has been ill. I read a prayer request in someone's CSJ but I cannot remember which one.

Here's some good news!

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/t9725-moptop-maven-is-back

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum