CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

when do i apply a protein treatment?

+3
tamtam7
cagebird
curlista
7 posters

Go down

when do i apply a protein treatment? Empty when do i apply a protein treatment?

Post by curlista 23rd January 2011, 8:47 pm

I've come up with the protein treatment I'm doing tonight (mayo & honey & coconut oil) but I don't know when to apply it...

Last edited by curlista on 23rd January 2011, 9:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

when do i apply a protein treatment? Empty Re: when do i apply a protein treatment?

Post by cagebird 23rd January 2011, 8:52 pm

Good question is it before or after the conditioner, or am I not even close?
cagebird
cagebird

http://www.darkerthanbrown.com

Back to top Go down

when do i apply a protein treatment? Empty Re: when do i apply a protein treatment?

Post by tamtam7 23rd January 2011, 9:13 pm

that sounds like a great mixture. i have to try that. Im not sure when to apply but I'm going to look that up and get back with you.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 23rd January 2011, 9:14 pm

Ok, thanks tamtam
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 23rd January 2011, 9:24 pm

I know you DC afterwards but do I apply it on dry, dirty hair or freshy shampooed hair, wet hair, etc.??
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 23rd January 2011, 10:03 pm

I usually do my protein treatment after i deep condition since mine doesn't make my hair dry. (it has shea butter) but if you think its going to be drying then i'd say put it after u shampoo then deep condition
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 23rd January 2011, 10:05 pm

I usually apply my protein treatment after I shampoo and deep condition after the protein treatment.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 23rd January 2011, 10:18 pm

thanks Nessa and Lynnie! Smile
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 23rd January 2011, 10:28 pm

@LynnieLuve: do u put it on the shampooed hair dry or wet?
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 23rd January 2011, 10:32 pm

your welcome Smile
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 23rd January 2011, 10:44 pm

I apply it to wet hair.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 24th January 2011, 12:40 am

So I did the protein treatment and my hair felt sooo dry and tangled putting it on but it definitely felt stronger. After I DC'ed though it felt much better. it still feels a bit dry but hopefully that will pass.
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 24th January 2011, 1:40 pm

Hey, my process is pretty much the same as Lynnie's. Shampoo, protein, DC. Since you said your hair is feeling dry, you may want to add an extra dc to your reggie or some extra moistruizing sessions. I do a protein treatment every 8 weeks. Well, I am until I get rid of this Aphogee...
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 24th January 2011, 2:29 pm

curlista wrote:I've come up with the protein treatment I'm doing tonight (mayo & honey & coconut oil) but I don't know when to apply it...

curlista wrote:So I did the protein treatment and my hair felt sooo dry and tangled putting it on but it definitely felt stronger. After I DC'ed though it felt much better. it still feels a bit dry but hopefully that will pass.

I have never experienced tangling after applying a protein treatment. Maybe egg(the protein component of mayo) is not suited to your hair. Perhaps you could try a plant based protein like soy, wheat, oat. Just a suggestion. HTH

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 24th January 2011, 5:41 pm

@FalconTress Well I hadn't fully detangled my hair when I applied it, I just did some light finger detangling but it was definitely still different than normal. I could tell it was stronger though because when I distributed the mix throughout and used my comb a little I had no broken hairs, which I have had a lot of recently. But I will definitely try a plant protein next time. How would I incorporate that in my mix??
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 24th January 2011, 5:45 pm

I also get that "tangling effect" when I put shampoo in my hair though so I'm not sure why it is *shrug*
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down