CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two Strand Twist Issue!!!

5 posters

Go down

Two Strand Twist Issue!!! Empty Two Strand Twist Issue!!!

Post by Emartini04 23rd January 2011, 5:53 pm

Hey ladies. I have a question or two about the two strand twists because I've noticed lately that my twists have not been lasting long like they usually have in the past. After I co wash and DC my hair I apply my leave in (used to be TD Nourish and Spa but lately I've been using Jessi Curls just to try out) then I section my hair, apply my EVOO, then lastly twist my hair with Jane Carter Nourish and Shine. Everything is fine the first two days but I've been noticing lately the twist will become looser where I have to run in the bathroom, wet the section that is loosening and twist again. What reason could that be? I never had that problem before until recently - before my twists will stay nice and tight throughout the week.

Also another thing I've noticed back in August is when I twist my hair in two strand twist after the third day my hair looks dry at the roots. Does anyone else have this problem and if so what can I do to fix it?
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Two Strand Twist Issue!!! Empty Re: Two Strand Twist Issue!!!

Post by tamtam7 23rd January 2011, 6:13 pm

I have been having some issues with my two strand twists as well. I notice that they unravel a lot easier now. I think that it is because the texture of my hair has changed as a result of having straightened my hair for two long. I wonder if in your case it is because the leave in that you're using doesn't work so well with your texture. It appears that when using the other product you didn't have the problem. Try going back to the old leave in and see if that makes a difference.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 24th January 2011, 11:44 am

Yes ur absolutely right. The new leave in does leave my hair extra silky but maybe too much slip for a two strand twists.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by diego2memphis 24th January 2011, 1:25 pm

Have you ever tried Organic Root Stimulator Lock & Twist gel? That product has great hold. You may even even want to try doing your twists on dry hair.
diego2memphis
diego2memphis

http://www.natural-ness.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shortnsweet 24th January 2011, 2:10 pm

@ diego2memphis i just purchased a jar of the Organic Root Stimulator lock and twist gel for my daughters twist. it seems to work pretty well i seal the end with coconut oil because her hair is so dry. im just unsure of how much to use in her hair??? any tips?
shortnsweet
shortnsweet

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/tamara.e.gulley

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 24th January 2011, 2:13 pm

I think you may need to use a product which offers more hold. The ORS twist n lock gel as mentioned by Diego2memphis is great for two strand twists. You can use your leave-in and apply the Ors twist n lock over the leave in. It gives great hold and definitely great definition when you wear a twistout.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by diego2memphis 24th January 2011, 2:49 pm

shortnsweet wrote:@ diego2memphis i just purchased a jar of the Organic Root Stimulator lock and twist gel for my daughters twist. it seems to work pretty well i seal the end with coconut oil because her hair is so dry. im just unsure of how much to use in her hair??? any tips?

I use it for my daughter's hair as well. I know I put too much if I finish the twist and there is a lot of visible gel in the finished twist (I hope that makes sense). Sometimes I only put the gel on the ends of my daughter's hair to hold it together. I also know that I am using too much when I see a lot of white flakes after her twists have dried.
diego2memphis
diego2memphis

http://www.natural-ness.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down