CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think about the emerging trend of putting naturals in the spotlight?

5 posters

Go down

What do you think about the emerging trend of putting naturals in the spotlight? Empty What do you think about the emerging trend of putting naturals in the spotlight?

Post by Just Ashley 21st January 2011, 2:06 pm

Have anyone else notice that when they feature African American women in a non targeted commercial or tv show, she is 9 out of 10 natural but on a targeted Black commercial the woman or girl is most of the time relax?

I just started to think about that when I was browsing Perez Hilton's website (Don't judge me) and I saw that they cast the first Angel in the Charlie's Angel reboot and it is: Annie Ilonzeh
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

At first I was:
woot! dance woot! dance woot!
Another Hair Idol for my board! Then I started to think about the different appearance portrayals in the media. What do y'all think?
Just Ashley
Just Ashley

http://public.fotki.com/ashleyforachange/

Back to top Go down

What do you think about the emerging trend of putting naturals in the spotlight? Empty Re: What do you think about the emerging trend of putting naturals in the spotlight?

Post by creolebeauty1 21st January 2011, 6:14 pm

i noticed that as well and i wonder why that is ?
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

What do you think about the emerging trend of putting naturals in the spotlight? Empty Re: What do you think about the emerging trend of putting naturals in the spotlight?

Post by Jo Somebody 21st January 2011, 6:24 pm

I also notice this, but I'm not sure if it's a new trend or if it's just that I keep my eye out for Naturals now and spot them more often.

She's beautiful whoever she is.
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by sonance 21st January 2011, 6:49 pm

I have noticed more of us in commercials when not targeting just us but maybe those companies see the trend of more Naturals emerging. I would also assume that the companies targeting blacks haven't jumped on the bandwagon or assume there are more blacks who would relate to the relaxed woman.

sonance
sonance

http://www.seriouslynatural.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Thetruthisoutthere 21st January 2011, 11:11 pm

Yes, and it's about time! I'm seeing lots more 3c curlies and 4abc Twist outs for female models.

However, I am still waiting for the tide to turn for the brothers. Have you noticed all the Black male models in the store ads are bald?

On rare occasions you will see a "Justin Guarini" hair twin, but everyone else is clean shaven bald.

I guess Advertisers are still afraid of the 'fro! Rolling Eyes
Thetruthisoutthere
Thetruthisoutthere

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21st January 2011, 11:37 pm

honestly, i don't think the media gives a damn about anybody, they just want more fame, more recognization and make ppl think that they are accepted when that is really not the case.....it's just another tactic to get u on their side... Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down