CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mixed Chicks Line

+13
Nikcoils
Pinkpearls
coilykinks
natural83
tshala
Curly Film Chick
CurlySpeechTherapist
curleebrown
Mimi
tsa919
so1913
NikG20
CarlsM
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mixed Chicks Line Empty Mixed Chicks Line

Post by CarlsM 5th December 2009, 7:12 pm

If you're looking for a great Leave-In or Deep Conditioner I recommend trying Mixed Chicks.
I am thoroughly impressed with my results after using this line. I generally tend to only try items that are recommended by others, and this was never really one of those lines. Although I have heard a lot about it, there was never any inclination to purchase.
About a week ago I just happened to stroll by their section in the local BSS, it peaked my interest and the PJ in me couldn't resist. I'm happy to report that my PJ and I are both happy campers. That little monster even convinced me to go out and grab the Liter of Leave-In, Deep Conditioner, and 50ml of Hair Silk. I am currently LOVING their products, and I give them two thumbs up! woot!

If you're up for experimenting it's definitely worth a try. :-) It's not cheap, so start small! lol!
CarlsM
CarlsM

http://twitter.com/carlsm

Back to top Go down

Mixed Chicks Line Empty Re: Mixed Chicks Line

Post by NikG20 7th December 2009, 1:39 pm

I just came here to post about this stuff! Saw your post first, figured I'd share here...

I did a review on the Mixed Chicks line:
http://beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com/2009/12/product-review-mixed-chicks.html

I am loving this stuff! Her curls looked great all day.

Here's a picture after an entire day of playing, right before bed...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I put 5 big braids loose in her hair, the next day her hair was SOOOO soft and moisturized!! I took the braids out and she had a nice sort of textured braid out, I will post a picture of that in a little while.
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by so1913 7th December 2009, 2:23 pm

I didn't have much luck AT ALL with the product, but it obviously works well for the little one, her curls look adorable! I'm glad it worked for you too Carlsm! It's always great to find a good styling product, especially with good ingredients like MC has...wish it worked as well for me.
so1913
so1913

http://www.twitter.com/so1913

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 7th December 2009, 8:19 pm

Thanks so1913! I wasn't sure if I would like it because I've heard so many mixed reviews. You are beautiful btw! Lovely hair.

So this was the next day after I took her 5 big loose braids out, it was kind of like a chunky textured braid out, I guess?? lol I thought it looked cute and it was so soft and moisturized. Very impressed.

NikG20
NikG20

Back to top Go down

Post by tsa919 7th December 2009, 10:10 pm

Yes I luv this product as well. I used it in my avatar pic.
tsa919
tsa919

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimi 8th December 2009, 6:48 pm

so1913 wrote:I didn't have much luck AT ALL with the product, but it obviously works well for the little one, her curls look adorable! I'm glad it worked for you too Carlsm! It's always great to find a good styling product, especially with good ingredients like MC has...wish it worked as well for me.

It doesn't work for me either! My hair get really big after a couple of hours! I like the KBB hair butter! Only the shipment costs are higher than the product it selfs!

Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post by curleebrown 18th December 2009, 10:33 pm

Unfortunately mixed chicks didn't work for me either. It left my hair dry and puffy. But then again I hadn't discovered sealing at the time when I was using it, so perhaps today it would be different.

@ Nik620 Your daughter is absolutely tooooo cute! And her hair is amazing. Please get her into modeling or commercials because it's obvious that she loves the camera and the camera loves her :-) Very Happy
curleebrown
curleebrown

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlySpeechTherapist 18th December 2009, 11:06 pm

Mixed chicks shampoo and condish worked alright for me when I was OK with using cones and sulfates, but I would never put it in my hair now. The long term use of it would probably leave naked hair feeling dry... Suspect
CurlySpeechTherapist
CurlySpeechTherapist

Back to top Go down

Post by tsa919 19th December 2009, 8:56 pm

CUrleebrown,and CurlySpeechTherapist...what do you all use,or recommend? I am still a lil new to this site so I need to see the harms of cones and sulfates a lil more. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Not quite clear on that part yet.Feel free to educate me if you like.lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
tsa919
tsa919

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 29th December 2009, 7:13 pm

CurlySpeechTherapist wrote:Mixed chicks shampoo and condish worked alright for me when I was OK with using cones and sulfates, but I would never put it in my hair now. The long term use of it would probably leave naked hair feeling dry... Suspect

It does feel it naked and dry after long term use, it happened to me. I used it on my ends for hold when doing a braid and curl and it came out good but then it really dries out the hair (the leave in) the deep conditioner used to work wonders for my hair until it started to leave my hair dry too so now I don't deal with it =/
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tshala 2nd January 2010, 7:17 am

be warned ...long post... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I really love the Mixed Chicks- Leave -In-Conditioner, it does the best for my hair so far. I am going to try the shampoo and the deep conditioner asap.
I so desperately want to love the more natural hair products (read. w/out cones and all) but my hair is so not convinced. It works the first time and when I try to repeat my hair gets limpp and greasy, curls does not hold etc,etc...
Unrefined, whipped Shea butter and Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner are the exceptions. I am always impressed when a queen uses only natural products and have the most amazing curls definition and tons of volume and I want desperately travel this road because I clearly see the benefits of a more natural routine. But..my hair is at its healthiest w/ a combination of both naturals and cones....
With mixed chicks my routine (wash n`go, my hair hates manipulation...) works a lot better.
Here is why:
a) I need to wash less, the curls hold longer. First,it seemed to dry out my hair but this was me using way to much product ( this is my #1 mistake ! always!)
b) it does not weigh my fine, thin hair down.
c) it gives me lots of volume and a nice definition
d) did I mention I like the smell? and dh likes the smell (and he is p.i.c.k.y.) w/smells and so not amused w/my pjism [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
e) I definitely loose less hair (weird as I am, I have counted them ...there you have it, now you can laugh [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) and detangling is easier
f) less breakage, see also e)

So, in the end, even it is expensive , it is worth the money and cheaper in the long run, because my bathroom is not coverd with a gazillion bottles, I need less product, they sell biig bottles (good for mama earth) and I look fly( better vibrations, more positive energy, i-really-need-to-buy-something-to feel-better-pjism-attacks).
edit: I really want to try some Aveda products.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] seems like I am an incurable pj....
tshala
tshala

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 18th January 2010, 10:30 pm

I am thinking about ordering the Mixed Chicks conditioner...im really anxious to try it!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 18th January 2010, 10:38 pm

NikG20 wrote:I just came here to post about this stuff! Saw your post first, figured I'd share here...

I did a review on the Mixed Chicks line:
http://beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com/2009/12/product-review-mixed-chicks.html

I am loving this stuff! Her curls looked great all day.

Here's a picture after an entire day of playing, right before bed...

I put 5 big braids loose in her hair, the next day her hair was SOOOO soft and moisturized!! I took the braids out and she had a nice sort of textured braid out, I will post a picture of that in a little while.

@NikG20 Your little girl is toooooo cute! And that hair is just gorgeous! Im thinking about ordering some of the Mixed Chicks products, and was going to start out with the Leave-In conditioner. Which products did you use on your daughter's hair, and what did you do to it?
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by tshala 19th January 2010, 9:46 am

@Nik G20: my! She is sooo adorable!
tshala
tshala

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 19th January 2010, 6:55 pm

I went ahead and ordered the Mixed Chicks leave-in/styler conditioner last night! Yayyyy...im excited to try it out! I hope it does well on my hair! I'll be sure to let you guys know how it turns out!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 2nd April 2010, 1:10 am

So I've only used my Mixed Chicks leave-in conditioner once, and I used it for a wash-n-go, which turned out pretty good! Tonight, I decided to use it as a leave in for my twist-n-curl do! Has anyone tried it with their twist-n-curl? If so, how did it turn out? Im hoping it turns out good!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 2nd April 2010, 1:37 am

ok-what's a twist-n-curl?
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Mixed Chicks Line Empty Re: Mixed Chicks line

Post by Pinkpearls 2nd April 2010, 11:25 am

natural83 wrote:So I've only used my Mixed Chicks leave-in conditioner once, and I used it for a wash-n-go, which turned out pretty good! Tonight, I decided to use it as a leave in for my twist-n-curl do! Has anyone tried it with their twist-n-curl? If so, how did it turn out? Im hoping it turns out good!

Let us know how your twist-n-curl turns out. I just ordered a few products from curls, so I'll have to wait on the Mixed Chicks...maybe next month.
Pinkpearls
Pinkpearls

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 2nd April 2010, 9:38 pm

Thanks ladies! I know I'm really late. I didn't see this bumped back up until now.

@natural83, I would like to hear how your twist-n-curl goes!!
NikG20
NikG20

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 4th April 2010, 10:27 pm

ok-so I found out what a twist-N-curl was and its really cute. Except my hair isn't long enough for that, but I am helping a friend with her transition and wonder if that may work on her hair.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 8th April 2010, 2:13 am

Just to update you guys, I tried the Mixed Chicks leave-in conditioner on my twist-n-curl. It did, uhhhhhh...just okay! It wasn't terrible or anything, but I think I strictly like Mixed Chicks for my wash-n-go's. I managed to play around with my hair that night after I took it down and although it was decent, I wouldn't say I would use it as my #1 leave-in when doing the twist-n-curl. Here's how it turned out after me playing around with it. I hadn't stretched it too much in this pic, just took it down and fluffed it out.

natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 8th April 2010, 6:45 pm

I mainly used Mixed Chicks Products (shampoo, leave in and deep condish) because it was the 1st products i brought when i decided to rock my natural curls. What i did add was spritzing my hair with water, tea tree oil and evoo before applying my leave-in and i get a softer more defined curl to each section. I did learn a little goes a long way. I use it on my twist outs and bantu knot outs and wash and gos. I do have other products I have purchased like HE Hello Hydration and VO5 Milk Moisture but i want to finish this before i test anyhting else cause i don't want to have a ton of unused products on my shelf.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 9th April 2010, 10:33 am

Hmmm.... I used it and it didnt work for me either:0(....but it did great for my little girls so......I guess it's still a Win for the team. Smile
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by Furlie 11th April 2010, 4:50 pm

I have a sample of the Mixed Chicks Trio if anyone's interested. The sample pack has the shampoo, deep conditioner and leave-in. Keep in mind the sizes are teeeeeeeny but let me know and I'll send it to you free of charge, no shipping, no swap, nada. A friend gave it to me but my inner angry black woman has a problem using a line called "Mixed Chicks" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Furlie
Furlie

Back to top Go down

Post by curlygirlinastraightworld 4th May 2010, 11:52 pm

Love the leave-in conditioner been using it for years, defines the curls all day and my hair is still very soft when I touch it.
curlygirlinastraightworld
curlygirlinastraightworld

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next