CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you buy henna at a store?

+4
Indigo.Blue
cluelesscurl
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
ArmaniMaze
8 posters

Go down

Can you buy henna at a store? Empty Can you buy henna at a store?

Post by ArmaniMaze 17th January 2011, 3:50 am

I really want to try henna for my fine hair, but I dread the ordering online process. Can you buy henna (pure 100%) in a store? If so what stores could I find it at?

ArmaniMaze

Back to top Go down

Can you buy henna at a store? Empty Re: Can you buy henna at a store?

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 17th January 2011, 3:53 am

I have not seen it. They do sell Henna for hair (Rainbow is one brand) but it's purity and quality is questionable.
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by cluelesscurl 17th January 2011, 8:32 am

Try a local Indian store or any natural food store like whole foods HTH

cluelesscurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Indigo.Blue 17th January 2011, 10:05 am

I don't like ordering online either...

I purchase mine from Indian stores, but I question the quality. A box of Jamilla henna goes for 1.99 when it is about 7-8$ online. I think they sell expired products in the stores in my area. The expiration date is lined out with a black marker. I don't like that.
With that being said, an older product just means it is not as potent. I have purchased Henna from the Indian stores and I am satisfied with the results, but I have not purchased henna from a quality place so I cannot compare.

Oh...and if you don't like using you card online, you can get a Visa gift card...
Indigo.Blue
Indigo.Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessRN 17th January 2011, 11:34 am

Co-signing on the Visa gift card. That is how I make my purchases online. Safe and secure.
PrincessRN
PrincessRN

Back to top Go down

Post by Choctaw 17th January 2011, 12:41 pm

Rainbow is not finely sifted and you have to read the labels to avoid henna mixed with vegetable dyes. I use their neutral henna which is just cassia obovata. I put it through a flour sifter first to get rid of most of the twigs. I have never purchased the Rainbow Red which should be pure henna according to labels on their website. If you have grey hair, the cassia might turn them gold.

I purchase henna at an Indian grocer. The boxes of Jamilla do not have a date and I use those mostly for conditioning or to make ayurvedic oils. The boxes of Dulhan are dated and not expired and I use those for henna pastes. It only colors my grey hair and it rinses out as easily as the Jamilla. I have bought other brands. I select from the brands used for mehendi because they are body art quality (BAQ) and do not contain other ingredients.

Choctaw

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzypuff 18th January 2011, 1:46 pm

The only henna I've ever used was from LUSH. It's pretty pricey compared to Jamilla (I believe $21 for a block from LUSH), but I have had nothing but good quality results from their product and refuse to put any other brand on my hair. It's 100% natural, with cocoa butter and essential oils. LUSH is found in malls throughout the US, and they are also online, very secure site. They even throw in free samples of their products with each order.
fuzzypuff
fuzzypuff

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 18th January 2011, 3:06 pm

I purchase my henna from local Indian stores. I figure if it's good for Indian citizens in my community- then it's good enough for me also. It may vary where you buy it however. So far, there have been dates on those I choose. You just have to shop carefully as you would for anything else.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down