CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twistout for my 6 year old.

4 posters

Go down

Twistout for my 6 year old. Empty Twistout for my 6 year old.

Post by CurliiMommee 13th January 2011, 10:04 pm

I want to try a twist/twistout for my daughter. I was wondering how long does it take the definition to set in? Could I wash/condition/twist it early sunday around noon, let it dry and then do a twist out monday morming for school or should I let the twist stay for a few days then do the twistout?

Should I retwist at night?

Thanks.

CurliiMommee

Back to top Go down

Twistout for my 6 year old. Empty Re: Twistout for my 6 year old.

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 15th January 2011, 11:12 pm

When I do my twistouts, I rarely have the patience to let them sit for any longer than 5-6 hours and I get pretty good definition. I have let them set 2-3 days and the definition is definitely better. And re-twisting at night helps to keep the style, although you don't have do them the same size as you did before. I put mine in 4 chunky twists. Hope this helps!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by CurliiMommee 17th January 2011, 9:11 pm

Thanks!!

CurliiMommee

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 24th January 2011, 8:35 pm

Could I wash/condition/twist it early sunday around noon, let it dry and then do a twist out monday morming for school

^Yes. Smile Usually when I plan on doing a twist out on my daughters hair I let it sit overnight. If she has worn twists for a few days or a week I'll do a twist out at the end just to make it last a few more days. I think you will get great results either way. You could retwist at night or you can pineapple.
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 24th January 2011, 10:00 pm

Miss E is sporting a twist out as I type. I let her wear twists for a few days (Saturday & Sunday) and then I released them. Today was her first time wearing her hair out at school without it being flat ironed (yea, flat ironed. Long story she wants long blode hair and I want her to love her hair). I braided the front and let the back flow free.
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down