CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gonna be in NY next week.. Shops to visit?

+3
EMarie
curlytee
mokacoffey
7 posters

Go down

Gonna be in NY next week.. Shops to visit? Empty Gonna be in NY next week.. Shops to visit?

Post by mokacoffey 7th January 2011, 8:14 pm

I will be in New York next week for a few days. I was thinking I would like to some natural
hair care stores or places that carry. I know of Karens Body Beautiful & Carols Daughter. Anyone know of some other ones? I would like to see if I can find some
Ayurvedic herbs for good price there too! I am looking forward to my visit.. Thanks!

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Gonna be in NY next week.. Shops to visit? Empty Re: Gonna be in NY next week.. Shops to visit?

Post by curlytee 7th January 2011, 10:36 pm

Don't know what part of NYC you are visiting but NYC it is a great place to get your Henna, visit Whole Foods, down the street from KBB there are some great designers for clothes and jewelry. If you are looking for nice places for music or poetry send me a message.
curlytee
curlytee

Back to top Go down

Gonna be in NY next week.. Shops to visit? Empty Re: Gonna be in NY next week.. Shops to visit?

Post by mokacoffey 8th January 2011, 3:52 am

curlytee: thanks! I will msg u tomm prolly. I would love to get some henna there & some jamacian black castor oil if can find it. This is my little break from my PJ Challenge... So I hope to find great stuff.

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 9th January 2011, 1:21 pm

I pm'd u!

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 9th January 2011, 1:31 pm

Awww Moka have a blast!!! Im still unpacking!! LOL

Like Curlytee said there are some great shops around KBB so you will definitely find a few things!!

I did just wash my hair and put it in some braids.....now if I could get this guy to come finish my painting I would really be doing something!! LOLOLOL
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 9th January 2011, 8:03 pm

Emarie! Glad to hear you are almost, kinda sorta settled in;-) i am super excited about going for sure.. did I mention that already? lol

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 9th January 2011, 8:07 pm

GIRL!!! Im getting there...you know I had to do the bathroom first so I could wash my hair!!

I hope you have a ball....I cant wait for my foot to heal so I can get back to my routine!!
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by atangledmess 9th January 2011, 8:44 pm

MokkaCoffey, what part of NYC will you be visiting?

atangledmess

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 9th January 2011, 9:31 pm

@atangledmess: I will be staying in Grammercy Park..off 3 & 22nd I believe? But we plan to get around town all over the place. Including the usual tourist attractions.. Since I have never been to NY, idk how far away certain areas are from others and such. My bff & I will be staying with a friend while there, so built-in tour guide, ya'll!

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 9th January 2011, 10:09 pm

im going to NY on WED as well! Where is the KBB stores? I also wanted to know if people knew of any vintage shops??? I need some scarves for my hair to where on my DC days =)
CiaE
CiaE

http://napskinkslove.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th January 2011, 10:32 pm

This sounds like an exciting trip. Can't wait for you to get back and share the details!! I'm going in June for the first time, so I'm just as excited as you are!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 10th January 2011, 12:59 am

@CiaE-Yay!!!
Look on the Karen Body Beautiful website for the directions/address.. thats what I gotta do. Its in Brooklyn. not sure if anyone can chime in on that..Oh, thrift stores would be so cool I bet in NY!
@ KinkyNappyHappy- Now I'm excited for you too, lady! I have not had a vacation in forever, so this is a busy adventure, but definitely needed to go somewhere out of my element, ya know?

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by atangledmess 10th January 2011, 11:08 am

Hey Mokacoffey,
I don't know if you're still coming with the impending snow storm that's predicated for NYC starting Tuesday night into Wednesday, sorry. However, If you're still planning to come, please be careful and have a safe travel. I copied information that a sister, forgot her user name, on the site gave regarding Indian stores in Manhattan that sell henna, amla, etc. products.

Here is a store that carries it in Manhattan http://www.nyindia.us/grocery.html Sinha Trading, 121 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10016, Phone: 212-683-4419. One of my co-workers has purchased her Amla from here. She said it was $2.49 per box, but I don't recall if tax was extra. Always call before you go to any of the Indian Grocers because the stuff is very popular among Indian woman as well as us.

As far as thrift shops, I would say go online and check but I believe you can find a lot of them in the village area and some in the Chelesa area, which isn't far from where you'll be staying.

Have a great time visiting the Apple!

atangledmess

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 10th January 2011, 1:25 pm

atangledmess wrote:Hey Mokacoffey,
I don't know if you're still coming with the impending snow storm that's predicated for NYC starting Tuesday night into Wednesday, sorry. However, If you're still planning to come, please be careful and have a safe travel. I copied information that a sister, forgot her user name, on the site gave regarding Indian stores in Manhattan that sell henna, amla, etc. products.

Here is a store that carries it in Manhattan http://www.nyindia.us/grocery.html Sinha Trading, 121 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10016, Phone: 212-683-4419. One of my co-workers has purchased her Amla from here. She said it was $2.49 per box, but I don't recall if tax was extra. Always call before you go to any of the Indian Grocers because the stuff is very popular among Indian woman as well as us.

As far as thrift shops, I would say go online and check but I believe you can find a lot of them in the village area and some in the Chelesa area, which isn't far from where you'll be staying.

Have a great time visiting the Apple!

Aww i hope ur trip isnt delayed as well! Mine is... I dont think i wanna take a chance with the storm. It is always something serious with this snow smh...
CiaE
CiaE

http://napskinkslove.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 10th January 2011, 10:34 pm

Ladies, I haven't checked to see how flight will play out( or not) yet. I'm gonna check in a few, but watching the news is not helping at all! This is my 3rd planned trip to NY and if it's cancelled ... Well, on to planning trip number 4 later this year, I guess! Lol

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by atangledmess 10th January 2011, 10:43 pm

That's right, Mokacoffey, If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Rather be safe than sorry. Take care!

atangledmess

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 10th January 2011, 10:53 pm

@ atangledmess: thanks girlie for the link & info! I sure hope to use it this week:-)

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by gemofacurlgirl 10th January 2011, 11:28 pm

I just wanted to chime in and say hope you make it and have a great time. Patel Brothers Grocery store has a good selection of heena's and alma ,neem etc powders as well as vatika oil .Just google their site. And Please when flying make sure to pack all liquids ,creams ,sprays and gels over 3.4 oz in your checked in bags because if not TSA will take it Evil or Very Mad !
gemofacurlgirl
gemofacurlgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by atangledmess 10th January 2011, 11:53 pm

Hey Gem, thanks for the info. I live in NYC, do you?

atangledmess

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down