CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm just gonna go to the Salon and get a $10 trim

+2
beautifulmia
barb37075
6 posters

Go down

I'm just gonna go to the Salon and get a $10 trim Empty I'm just gonna go to the Salon and get a $10 trim

Post by barb37075 21st February 2011, 10:25 pm

I suck at trimming my hair. I flat iron my hair today using shea butter mix to protect it from heat damage. I still have slip ends and the sad part is diff place of my hair are either longer or short. Sucks but I'll just have to get it cut off so that all of my hair can be the same length!. Sad

barb37075

Back to top Go down

I'm just gonna go to the Salon and get a $10 trim Empty Re: I'm just gonna go to the Salon and get a $10 trim

Post by beautifulmia 21st February 2011, 11:34 pm

I need to get my hair trim also. I"m always a little nervous when i get a trim because i always think that they are cutting way to much, but if i want the split ends gone and for it to be even i have to let the hairdresser do her thang. The good thing is after a trim i really take good care of my ends and my hair grows quickly. Whenever i get a trim i end up paying $35 because they have to blow dry and flat iron before they trim. Good luck with your trim and don't worry about them cutting too much because it will
grow back before you know it.

beautifulmia

Back to top Go down

I'm just gonna go to the Salon and get a $10 trim Empty Re: I'm just gonna go to the Salon and get a $10 trim

Post by barb37075 21st February 2011, 11:49 pm

35 thats cheap when i get mine blow dry and flat iron $60 bucks. i think she does some other stuff idk

barb37075

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyu 22nd February 2011, 1:06 am

I have to go to the salon too to get my hair trimmed. I like my hair all one length all the way around. I think if I trim it while it is in its natural state then it will be uneven. I figure if this is the only service I pay for then it is worth it to me.
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshyne 22nd February 2011, 1:57 am

How often do you all go for a trim?
Sunshyne
Sunshyne

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 22nd February 2011, 5:45 am

i go to supercuts to get mine trimmed, but its not $35 since I blow dry and flat iron my hair ahead of time before going. you guys should consider doing that if you want to save some $. for just a trim at supercuts its only $16.
You just have to be specific with them ahead of time about the shape and length you want cut off and my experiences have been positive.

Sunshyne, I get mine trimmed twice a year, about 3/4 of an inch each time. I only do it so occasionally because I hate flat ironing my hair and I'm afraid of heat damage.
Some people trim theirs 1/8 of an inch every 6-8 weeks but i just do mine less often and trim off more when i do go and avoid heat and other damage in between.
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 22nd February 2011, 7:25 am

my hair grown in a uneven length from bottom to top i think once it's longer it will look like a cute layer cut so i don't want even but after my BC i think i will trim every 8 months lol i'll trim to retain as much length as i can lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 22nd February 2011, 7:27 am

O sorry to answer your question the ladies were right this'natural salon" near me charges 35 for a trim , i heard deva cut was better for Afro textured hair type and supercuts sounds like a GREAT idea Smile i think when it's time for my first trim i might pass out in the chair lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by barb37075 22nd February 2011, 10:50 am

Yeah naturallyu that's what I you to do trim it while I twist my hair and thats why its on uneven. I don't know how much I trim my hair. I'm a very lazy natural girl lol. And i did my own blow dry and flat iron it to save money.

barb37075

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshyne 22nd February 2011, 1:44 pm

Thanks ladies! I am thinking I should do this soon, because if I need to get it straightened...it will not last long in this Memphis heat (once it arrives).
Sunshyne
Sunshyne

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyu 22nd February 2011, 6:36 pm

I usually trim every four months which is the same schedule for straightening my hair. Ironically I trimmed today. I will probably trim less often when all of the relaxed ends are out of my hair. The back is all natural but the front portion still has some ends left. I have been transitioning for two years. I am hoping that all of my ends have been cut out or I am at least very close to natural this time around.
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down