CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

college hair crisis

+3
Natural Wheezes
MsChris8
shake
7 posters

Go down

college hair crisis Empty college hair crisis

Post by shake 4th December 2009, 1:47 am

Im new to the site, and I'm just trying to get opinions on products. My hair is 3c i ve been natural since th 8th grade and im a senior in college now, which means money is a big concern for me. I wear my hair curly alot but it frustrates me so I straighten whenever I get the time but I want to start over new. Just wanted to know any products thats would help with frizz, shine, and texture.. i ve bought some stuff and it made my hair VERY DRY [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I go to school in a small town so im limited on everything until i make it back home. Any suggestions products shampoo conditioner styling creme,maybe even styling suggestions,where I can find coupons etc.

PS. I attend Univeristy of Alabama. anyone close by with info or advice.. would be greatly appreciated
shake
shake

Back to top Go down

college hair crisis Empty Re: college hair crisis

Post by MsChris8 4th December 2009, 9:28 am

A great shampoo that I have begun to use is the Tea Tree Shampoo by Giovanni. You can get it from Walmart for about 8 dollars. It has no sulfates and is not drying to the hair so you will have less frizz. I go to school in a small city in Alabama too so I know how it is. lol
MsChris8
MsChris8

Back to top Go down

Post by Natural Wheezes 4th December 2009, 1:20 pm

I agree about the Tea Tree Shampoo; that's the only one I'm using right now. A couple of really good conditioners are Herbal Essences Totally Twisted, Hello Hydration (the most popular), and I think Long Term Relationship. They cost less than the Giovanni and they're not loaded down with 'cones. I think the big bottles are about $5-$6 in Target. The smaller ones will run you about $3.50, I think. They'll only be maybe a dollar more each in the drug store. The Hello Hydration is very moisturizing.
Natural Wheezes
Natural Wheezes

Back to top Go down

Post by shake 4th December 2009, 2:34 pm

Thanks Ladies!! i'm going to try these products and do a twist and curl.. I'l post pictures to show the results
shake
shake

Back to top Go down

Post by Natural Wheezes 4th December 2009, 3:30 pm

Great, good luck!! Can't wait to see your results!
Natural Wheezes
Natural Wheezes

Back to top Go down

Post by MsChris8 4th December 2009, 4:28 pm

You're welcome! Smile
MsChris8
MsChris8

Back to top Go down

Post by thatmochagirl 8th December 2009, 2:05 am

Hey Girl I'm in college too at Morgan State Uni. I know exactly what its like to be tight on cash....

so for some nice "inexpensive" products a must buy for you needs to be Hello Hydration Conditioner!
- This will make your 3C hair ( same type as mine) amazingly soft !! Um you might even want to use a bit as a leave in for your twist out hair styles!

- Another fave of mine is the Cantu Shea Butter Leave it... - this might leave some residue so try it out - if you don't mind not mixing it with any other products.

- hmm and last but not least - try some good coconut oil !
This stuff is cheap and always saves my hair from being really dry in the winter time. ( try the indian brand Vatika ) it works wonders and its only $2.99 !

- I hope this helps!
thatmochagirl
thatmochagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by labon10 8th December 2009, 10:54 am

Hi Shake!

My family is from Tuscaloosa/Hulls so I understand. Try the T.J.Maxx/Marshalls for Giovanni products, they tend to have them cheaper than Target. I like Dr. Bonner's shampoo becomes it has a lot of oils in it. You mix it with water so a little goes a long way. It can be purchased in Target or a Health Food Store, Walmart may even have it.

I will call my cousin for you. She has taken me to a few BSS, but I could not tell you where they are.

labon10

Back to top Go down

Post by Natural Wheezes 8th December 2009, 1:42 pm

labon10 wrote:Hi Shake!

My family is from Tuscaloosa/Hulls so I understand. Try the T.J.Maxx/Marshalls for Giovanni products, they tend to have them cheaper than Target. I like Dr. Bonner's shampoo becomes it has a lot of oils in it. You mix it with water so a little goes a long way. It can be purchased in Target or a Health Food Store, Walmart may even have it.

I will call my cousin for you. She has taken me to a few BSS, but I could not tell you where they are.

I'm going to have to suck it up and hit T.J. Maxx/Marshalls. I get hives if I'm in there too long (well not really, but all that searching is not for me! Laughing ) I know they have hair products, but if there's the possibility I'll find my Direct Leave-in for less, I am there!
Natural Wheezes
Natural Wheezes

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 8th December 2009, 3:30 pm

Drug store favs of mine (for my daughters hair, 4A/3C), all under $10

Hello Hydration conditioner!!!! <---I love you (around $6 for a big thing of it)

Organix Coconut Milk shampoo & conditioner ($7 each, usually buy one get one free at kroger)

Aussie Moist Shampoo & conditioner (I think around $3 each)

Giovanni Direct Leave-in ($5 TJ MAXX/Marshalls)

GVP Conditioning Balm ($6 Sally's)

Coconut oil (whole goods, viatmin shoppe, health food store, etc around $8 I believe)

Shea butter (BSS 1/2lb $5)

Kids Organics Shea butter detangling lotion (I think I got the name right, I think it's around $5)
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hayylee 8th December 2009, 6:20 pm

ROLL TIDE!!!!!! Very Happy
hayylee
hayylee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content