CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

flat feet + pumps = bad combo HELP?? :(

+7
Karyn
blkbeauty2010
BajanPrincess82
creolebeauty1
DreamMerchant
Mo
curlista
11 posters

Go down

flat feet + pumps = bad combo HELP?? :( Empty flat feet + pumps = bad combo HELP?? :(

Post by curlista 5th January 2011, 10:17 pm

Because I have no arch it hurts to wear high heels because of the high arch. Any suggestions for shoe supports, inserts, etc. ?
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

flat feet + pumps = bad combo HELP?? :( Empty Re: flat feet + pumps = bad combo HELP?? :(

Post by Mo 5th January 2011, 10:23 pm

Wow I have the exact same problem. I wish I could help, but I'm still trying to figure out what to do myself. Sooo annoying because I love the way heels look, but my feet can't support them smh.
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

flat feet + pumps = bad combo HELP?? :( Empty Re: flat feet + pumps = bad combo HELP?? :(

Post by curlista 5th January 2011, 11:24 pm

Exactly! Lol it's so annoying because they look so cute. I actually bought a pair of sneakers once and they had an arch so bad I couldn't even where them Sad
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo 5th January 2011, 11:45 pm

Damn that's crazy. I'm usually good with sneakers. Only thing is I don't like to wear them unless I'm going to the gym. So for me it's flats, sandals, boots and no heels higher than 2 inches smh.
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 6th January 2011, 12:29 am

I do not think there is much you ladies can do or you will be nursing a stress fractured foot for the past 13 YEARS like me. Totally not worth. My plantar fasciitis flared up one weekend hen I work the cutest pumps ever (and they were not even tall). I re-fractured the stress fracture and had to wear a walking cast for 8 weeks. It still hurts and I think they are going to cast it for another 4 weeks.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 6th January 2011, 12:49 am

i think some dr sholls inserts might do the trick or what about the platform heel ones i don't have flat feet so i raelly don't know just trying to help
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6th January 2011, 12:51 am

heels aren't for everybody..sometimes u have to get certain kinds of heels that give u support and u can feel comfortable in them and walk in them almost the whole day Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 6th January 2011, 3:43 pm

DreamMerchant wrote:I do not think there is much you ladies can do or you will be nursing a stress fractured foot for the past 13 YEARS like me. Totally not worth. My plantar fasciitis flared up one weekend hen I work the cutest pumps ever (and they were not even tall). I re-fractured the stress fracture and had to wear a walking cast for 8 weeks. It still hurts and I think they are going to cast it for another 4 weeks.

I agree. Looking good in some heels is not worth the foot pain and discomfort that you'll be feeling in the future. I don't have flat feet, but I have low arches and can't really wear heels that are over 3-4 inches. I'm cool with that though. When I'm 50 I don't want to be limping around b/c I was trying to look cute in my 20s!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 6th January 2011, 10:07 pm

you can always try rolling your feet on soup cans. I know it sounds weird but the arch of the can and the mild pressure from you rolling can help create a small arch, Nothing perminant tho but can help (podiatrist trick). also you might want to consider seeing a podiatrist for personalized insoles to wear with your other shoes. flat feet can cause a plethora of problems including back, knee, shoulder pain and bad posture.
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 6th January 2011, 10:38 pm

Maybe my feet aren't necessarily "flat" that's just always what I've heard them called but my arch definitely minimal. I was hoping to find some sort of "memory foam" insole to conform to my foot to help fill the space with my heels. Also, in general, shoes have always been difficult for me. Strappy shoes never work because i can't fill up the space between my foot and the straps smh lol.

By the way, I'm not trying to wear drastic shoes (like 6 in) just a cute 4-5, a standard high heel shoe.
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 6th January 2011, 10:40 pm

Also, thanks for all the advice everyone and @DreamMerchant I'm sorry about your foot and the cast incident. I'm hoping it doesn't get to that point for me but i don't know.
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 6th January 2011, 11:29 pm

DreamMerchant wrote:I do not think there is much you ladies can do or you will be nursing a stress fractured foot for the past 13 YEARS like me. Totally not worth. My plantar fasciitis flared up one weekend hen I work the cutest pumps ever (and they were not even tall). I re-fractured the stress fracture and had to wear a walking cast for 8 weeks. It still hurts and I think they are going to cast it for another 4 weeks.

Sad this actually makes me feel sad lol. i have absolutely no arch in my foot, which causes my ankles to lean in a lot. i have to wear braces EVERYDAY and will need surgery in the future :/ i want to wear heels one day! lol
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 6th January 2011, 11:43 pm

I'm sorry Karyn. If it helps, what a little arch I have doesn't make much of a difference. They're still painful :-/
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by moosegrl_86 7th January 2011, 12:25 am

Karyn wrote:

Sad this actually makes me feel sad lol. i have absolutely no arch in my foot, which causes my ankles to lean in a lot. i have to wear braces EVERYDAY and will need surgery in the future :/ i want to wear heels one day! lol

Sad I have flat feet too. Don't feel bad though. I have to wear orthotics. Custom made shoe inserts and they're $400 and upwards. Unfortunately I'm due for a new pair since my feet stopped growing seven years ago, lol. I can still wear heels, the just strappy open toed kind. I've been able to deal with because I've taken dance and marched in the band while I was in college. We did a lot of foot rolling and pointing of the toes. My dance teachers showed me how to balance the weight so that what little arch I have left isn't completely collapsed. Balance the weight on the outer part of the foot and evenly distribute your weight from there. If you take up ballet or something that forces you stretch your feet, it may improve or it will be less painful. run I too may have to get surgery since this gets worse with age.
moosegrl_86
moosegrl_86

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 7th January 2011, 2:03 am

moosegrl_86 wrote:
Karyn wrote:

Sad I have flat feet too. Don't feel bad though. I have to wear orthotics. Custom made shoe inserts and they're $400 and upwards. Unfortunately I'm due for a new pair since my feet stopped growing seven years ago, lol. I can still wear heels, the just strappy open toed kind. I've been able to deal with because I've taken dance and marched in the band while I was in college. We did a lot of foot rolling and pointing of the toes. My dance teachers showed me how to balance the weight so that what little arch I have left isn't completely collapsed. Balance the weight on the outer part of the foot and evenly distribute your weight from there. If you take up ballet or something that forces you stretch your feet, it may improve or it will be less painful. run I too may have to get surgery since this gets worse with age.

my podiatrist said that i should get orthotics, but my mom was like "400$+? Shocked" lol. plus, she said her friend has orthotics and she still has pain :/ so i'm not sure if i'll be getting them anytime soon. do yours work well? thanks for the tip about dance class!
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by moosegrl_86 7th January 2011, 3:26 am

Karyn wrote:
moosegrl_86 wrote:
Karyn wrote:

my podiatrist said that i should get orthotics, but my mom was like "400$+? Shocked" lol. plus, she said her friend has orthotics and she still has pain :/ so i'm not sure if i'll be getting them anytime soon. do yours work well? thanks for the tip about dance class!

Orthotics help so long as I'm wearing sneakers, shoes with shock absorption or a flexible heel. They do have different kinds depending on what activities you do. You can always go get a quote from a podiatrist or an orthopedist for the best price. The price really ends up depending on your insurance coverage. Mine ended up costing so much because my parents insurance doesn't cover it. I'm over 18 now so it was 50% coverage the first time. So they were about $250. Now that I'm older the insurance company considers it a preexisting condition. (no coverage) Rolling Eyes That's why they're so expensive for me. Also keep in mind, if you're not still growing these are a permanent pair so you would never have to repurchase them if you get them custom made.

Last edited by moosegrl_86 on 7th January 2011, 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added something)
moosegrl_86
moosegrl_86

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 7th January 2011, 3:50 am

moosegrl_86 wrote:
Karyn wrote:

I have been avoiding the operation but I give in. I have three different sets of custom made orthotics. I have the store bought orthotics. Since it happened while in the military, they still pay for the custom inserts but it is not working. Oh and the countless cortisone shots in the feet. I have 3 walking casts. Numerous crutches (some are going to a nearby nursing home). I never really wore heels so who knows. Just take care of those feet ladies no matter what!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 7th January 2011, 8:50 am

i dont wear heels often but when I do I always put gel arches in them. They're awesome. they give me A LOT of support. I walk on the insides of my feet instead of the outsides, so to prevent plantar fasciitis (and foot pain) I decided to wear arches in my shoes 100% of the time. Even at home, I wear these $10 knockoff crocs as houseshoes and my arches never hurt anymore.

Anyways, I highly recommended these if you have to wear heels.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150399850463&ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 7th January 2011, 6:09 pm

moosegrl_86 wrote:
Karyn wrote:
moosegrl_86 wrote:
Karyn wrote:

Orthotics help so long as I'm wearing sneakers, shoes with shock absorption or a flexible heel. They do have different kinds depending on what activities you do. You can always go get a quote from a podiatrist or an orthopedist for the best price. The price really ends up depending on your insurance coverage. Mine ended up costing so much because my parents insurance doesn't cover it. I'm over 18 now so it was 50% coverage the first time. So they were about $250. Now that I'm older the insurance company considers it a preexisting condition. (no coverage) Rolling Eyes That's why they're so expensive for me. Also keep in mind, if you're not still growing these are a permanent pair so you would never have to repurchase them if you get them custom made.

yeah, my moms insurance doesn't cover it, so that's why it's so expensive for me :/ eventually, i'm sure i'll get them though because i will need them and i'm finished growing. i still need to get good sneakers Neutral i'm awful cause i live in converse and keds. blah. it sucks.

DreamMerchant wrote:
moosegrl_86 wrote:
Karyn wrote:

I have been avoiding the operation but I give in. I have three different sets of custom made orthotics. I have the store bought orthotics. Since it happened while in the military, they still pay for the custom inserts but it is not working. Oh and the countless cortisone shots in the feet. I have 3 walking casts. Numerous crutches (some are going to a nearby nursing home). I never really wore heels so who knows. Just take care of those feet ladies no matter what!

yeah my podiatrist mentioned that if my pain got worse, i would get cortisone shots and then eventually i will need the surgery. good luck with the surgery though
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 7th January 2011, 6:32 pm

One word: PLATFORMS.

If you wear a pair of shoes with a 4 inch heal and a 2 inch platform, the heal size is cut down to 2 inches...They are a dream for us flat-footed gals.

We all gonna be crippled and crazy walking on these stilts that MEN created! But they are so cute Neutral
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

http://www.experiencestmattsumc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chynadoll8799 7th January 2011, 7:34 pm

resign yourself to the fact that you must wearVERY cute flats, or shoes with a low heel. TRUST ME. Wherever you go in heels, will be no fun. You will be in excruciating pain and it wont be worth it.
Lucky for me, Im tall, so the heel issue isnt that much of an issue, but still.........
better to be safe than sorry.
One brand of shoe that makes "semi cute" heels that are pretty comfy is "sofft" ( i think its spelled with 2 f's) but i find them to be a bit pricey

chynadoll8799

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 7th January 2011, 8:59 pm

@JazmineB thanks for the tip Smile and i just saw dr. scholl's has come out with gel arch supports.

By the way, thanks for the can trick everybody, I'll definitely try that.
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 7th January 2011, 9:03 pm

Oh and thanks @MelMelBee lol
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down