CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I miss my hair

+9
Color_Me_Coily
drksista81
blkbeauty2010
QueenSheba
j. kinky
creolebeauty1
rayray19
letha
laleepop14
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I miss my hair Empty I miss my hair

Post by laleepop14 4th January 2011, 12:19 pm

Okay so I have had in my sengalese twist I did myself for about a month or so and I am missing my hair and detangling it, and stylign it and just simply playing in it. I know that protective styling works but it is so hard to not go home and take these bad boys out every night to see my curls. But I am anxious to see the growth because I have tons already. I plan on doing the outside over again because January is a hectic month for me and the convenience of protective styling is amazing and a wonderful break to doing my hair nightly or every other night.

I still miss my hair!!! Just had to share!!!
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

I miss my hair Empty Re: I miss my hair

Post by letha 4th January 2011, 12:30 pm

See I wish I was in your place with having the kinky twist and not detangling. I know how you feel though but not having to do my same style over and over again would help me esp in the mornings getting ready for work. If I put my own kinky twist in I would have to take them out after 2 weeks Very Happy. I never done them b4 but when I put in braids or cornrows they get fuzzy to quick and I tie my hair down and everything..

Your hair will be out soon enough and then you can enjoy your curls again..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 4th January 2011, 12:37 pm

letha wrote:See I wish I was in your place with having the kinky twist and not detangling. I know how you feel though but not having to do my same style over and over again would help me esp in the mornings getting ready for work. If I put my own kinky twist in I would have to take them out after 2 weeks Very Happy. I never done them b4 but when I put in braids or cornrows they get fuzzy to quick and I tie my hair down and everything..

Thanks, I know!!! Its just that Im still addicting to you tube, curly nikki, and all that. So when I see a fly style or something new about detangling I miss it. But trust me Im sure when they are out, I will be saying I need a break... I definitely needed this break because I was getting tired/annoyed/frustrated/restless with my hair..
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 4th January 2011, 12:42 pm

laleepop14 wrote:
letha wrote:See I wish I was in your place with having the kinky twist and not detangling. I know how you feel though but not having to do my same style over and over again would help me esp in the mornings getting ready for work. If I put my own kinky twist in I would have to take them out after 2 weeks Very Happy. I never done them b4 but when I put in braids or cornrows they get fuzzy to quick and I tie my hair down and everything..

Thanks, I know!!! Its just that Im still addicting to you tube, curly nikki, and all that. So when I see a fly style or something new about detangling I miss it. But trust me Im sure when they are out, I will be saying I need a break... I definitely needed this break because I was getting tired/annoyed/frustrated/restless with my hair..

I am the same way and with transitioning you cannot get the same style you see with natural hair. It always seem to play out great in my mind but when I actually try the style not so good Embarassed
I seem to get tired and annoyed when I wash and once again the same style. Which is my Avatar I just swith up ponytails.

Hang in there... flower
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 4th January 2011, 5:35 pm

Let me tell you a story about a girl named Raven..she spent 2 days putting yarns braids in and missed her hair soooo much that she took them out in WEEK!!! I was dying to feel my curls..oops I mean Raven lol was...

But i know how you feel!! Thats why i have given up on any protective style that involves extensions because i know how i am now, but you can do it..just keep thinking about growth

how long do you plan on leaving them in????
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 4th January 2011, 5:49 pm

I been wanting to braid my own hair into some kinky twist or Senagalese ones and that's why i haven't yet i just was every 2 weeks , moisturize and seal every 3 days and spritz with water twice a day that's all i can stand lol and of course i put my wigs on top so i can have something to play with
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 4th January 2011, 6:54 pm

I feel ya pain. I will spend a hour twisting and re twisting my hair every other week when i wash just to see my curls and run my fingers thru my hair...But ps do make my hair grow
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenSheba 4th January 2011, 7:35 pm

I know!!!! I plan to twist my hair untill April or until the warm weather breaks!!! I may have to move further down south just to do my hair!!
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 4th January 2011, 11:09 pm

give it some time. When i first started protective styling i was like a crack head needing a fix! pale I wanted, needed and had to feel my hair, it was almost painful not to. I've been ps-ing since the start of November and now I'm cool about not seeing and feeling my hair daily. Although I altered my ps reggie like Raven (no extensions), just me and Lexi all twisted up Mon-Thurs, out Fri-Sun, and sometimes thats only if I feel like it or Im actually going somewhere that Im not trying to showcase my slave hair (thats what I call me week old twists). This way you can get your feel on and hair fix during your weekly/biweekly wash session. I wore it out for a couple of days when i went home for the holidays and noticed tons of growth (see pic below), but fiddlind with it day in and out and worrying about environmental damage was a hassle. in the long run youll prefer permenant healthy hair instead of cute temporary styles with possible less retention
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 5th January 2011, 12:06 pm

rayray19 wrote:Let me tell you a story about a girl named Raven..she spent 2 days putting yarns braids in and missed her hair soooo much that she took them out in WEEK!!! I was dying to feel my curls..oops I mean Raven lol was...

But i know how you feel!! Thats why i have given up on any protective style that involves extensions because i know how i am now, but you can do it..just keep thinking about growth

how long do you plan on leaving them in????

Funny, funny story!!!! I have a busy January ahead of me with my daughters bday(tomorrow) and a whole bunch of family's birthdays...So probably until February. Im going to Vegas in February, so probably before then!!

creolebeauty1 wrote:I been wanting to braid my own hair into some kinky twist or Senagalese ones and that's why i haven't yet i just was every 2 weeks , moisturize and seal every 3 days and spritz with water twice a day that's all i can stand lol and of course i put my wigs on top so i can have something to play with

It is taking a lot for me not to go home every night and take them out, but the convenience has me keeping them in. Also thinking of how much my hair grew last year when I kept them in for a few months.

j. kinky wrote:I feel ya pain. I will spend a hour twisting and re twisting my hair every other week when i wash just to see my curls and run my fingers thru my hair...But ps do make my hair grow

Yes my hair grows like crazy in protective styles which is why I started this and why I keep telling myself I have to keep them in, keep them in, keep them in..

MiaNia wrote:I know!!!! I plan to twist my hair untill April or until the warm weather breaks!!! I may have to move further down south just to do my hair!!

This NJ winter is brutal on me and my hair... I hate the cold and I think my hair does too...

blkbeauty2010 wrote:give it some time. When i first started protective styling i was like a crack head needing a fix! pale I wanted, needed and had to feel my hair, it was almost painful not to. I've been ps-ing since the start of November and now I'm cool about not seeing and feeling my hair daily. Although I altered my ps reggie like Raven (no extensions), just me and Lexi all twisted up Mon-Thurs, out Fri-Sun, and sometimes thats only if I feel like it or Im actually going somewhere that Im not trying to showcase my slave hair (thats what I call me week old twists). This way you can get your feel on and hair fix during your weekly/biweekly wash session. I wore it out for a couple of days when i went home for the holidays and noticed tons of growth (see pic below), but fiddlind with it day in and out and worrying about environmental damage was a hassle. in the long run youll prefer permenant healthy hair instead of cute temporary styles with possible less retention

Your hair is amazing!!!! See thats what I originally wanted to do because my hair is a nice decent length to do twists without extensions, but I dont know how good I would be with keeping up my own hair in a protective style and redoing them. See ,with the extensions I do a spray shampoo type thing and keep it moving. I will probably re-do the outside since I have pictures to be in soon...LOL..But after this I am going to attempt to do some mini twists with my own hair!!!!

THANKS EVERYONE!!!! I will let you guys know when I take them out and can feel my hair!! And then I'll be complaining about needing a break...I'm never satisfied...lol
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by drksista81 5th January 2011, 1:52 pm

I can definitely relate, I have been wearing a sew in for a mth now and I am bout to go crazy. But just as everyone above has mentioned, I want healthy strong hair so I must tough it out for another 2wks. Good luck!
drksista81
drksista81

https://www.youtube.com/drksista81

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 5th January 2011, 2:07 pm

you can always do medium twists as its easier to retwist when necessary

what i do is style them for the first two or three days and after that if i dont feel like upkeep i sweep the front twist across my forehead and don a cute knit hat (with my bonnet under of course) until Friday, sometimes i even untwist the front for a cute textured bang (gotta get my fix!). At that point all you need to do is nightly maintenance if needed (moisturize scalp and ends)
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Color_Me_Coily 5th January 2011, 2:10 pm

OMG ....I can relate!!!! I got kinky twist the 2nd week in December... I took them out Sunday because I was dying to see the growth and twirl my curls around my finger ...oh how I missed thee... LOL but I made a vow to myself that I would try and do protective styling until late march/april [whenever it gets warm again] so off to kinky twist again tomorrow *sighs*
Color_Me_Coily
Color_Me_Coily

Back to top Go down

Post by kekesmom29 5th January 2011, 2:56 pm

I feel you! I'm going through the same thing. I put in some kinky twists the beginning of December and I am ready to take them down NOW!!! But I keep telling myself to hold on til the end of this month but it's looking like this weekend or next will be the end of this craziness...lol...i miss my curls
kekesmom29
kekesmom29

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 5th January 2011, 5:24 pm

drksista81 wrote:I can definitely relate, I have been wearing a sew in for a mth now and I am bout to go crazy. But just as everyone above has mentioned, I want healthy strong hair so I must tough it out for another 2wks. Good luck!

Yes I am aiming for at least another 2 weeks or the end of January!!!! You gals will be the first ones to know!!!! TRUST!!! Very Happy

blkbeauty2010 wrote:you can always do medium twists as its easier to retwist when necessary

what i do is style them for the first two or three days and after that if i dont feel like upkeep i sweep the front twist across my forehead and don a cute knit hat (with my bonnet under of course) until Friday, sometimes i even untwist the front for a cute textured bang (gotta get my fix!). At that point all you need to do is nightly maintenance if needed (moisturize scalp and ends)
Those twists are absolutey gorgeous. See I dont think my hair is quite that length especially with shrinkage, but who knows how much ti will have grown once I take these bad boys out!!!

Do you do your twists on dry or wet hair? They look so uniform and all one size.What products do you use?? Seeing those makes me want to take my hair out TONIGHT!!!! Shocked

Naturally_Hollie wrote:OMG ....I can relate!!!! I got kinky twist the 2nd week in December... I took them out Sunday because I was dying to see the growth and twirl my curls around my finger ...oh how I missed thee... LOL but I made a vow to myself that I would try and do protective styling until late march/april [whenever it gets warm again] so off to kinky twist again tomorrow *sighs*

My hair grows like weeds when it is up and not being dealt with on the regular. Last year when I did this I actual took them done and did my BC like a few days later it was so much more hair than when I started. It has only been about a month and some change and my new growth is somethign serious. Im going to redo the outside to make it last until January, maybe longer( yeah right)

kekesmom29 wrote:I feel you! I'm going through the same thing. I put in some kinky twists the beginning of December and I am ready to take them down NOW!!! But I keep telling myself to hold on til the end of this month but it's looking like this weekend or next will be the end of this craziness...lol...i miss my curls

You need to wait with me until the end of the month. If you take yours out and start talking about how you missed your curls Im gonna want to do the same.. Its already January 5th whats 26 more days....LOL
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 5th January 2011, 5:41 pm

i twist on mostly dry hair. after washing i do my moisture routine (kimmaytube, shea moisture leave in) and divide hair in 4 sections, and do one large flat twist in each section making sure the two back sections are twisted downward toward the back and the front sections twisted from the center of my head down the side, i use conair claw like clips to hold the twists taught (this is my version of stretching my hair). I let it dry for an hour or so while doing house work or watching tv. I twist with either shea moisture enhancing smoothie or the masque and seal with coconut oil. i try my hardest to "brick layer" my parts IF I use a comb and viola!
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 5th January 2011, 5:49 pm

Thanks for the feedback!!! I have yet to try a twist style on my hair just because. But I do plan on keeping my hair in a protective style after I take these down. I love the style where people leave some twists out and have on a hat also(like you said). Thanks again. Im gonna have to go get me some of those Shea Moisture products EVERYONE is ravign about!!!
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalchic 5th January 2011, 5:59 pm

blkbeauty2010 wrote:you can always do medium twists as its easier to retwist when necessary

what i do is style them for the first two or three days and after that if i don't feel like upkeep i sweep the front twist across my forehead and don a cute knit hat (with my bonnet under of course) until Friday, sometimes i even untwist the front for a cute textured bang (gotta get my fix!). At that point all you need to do is nightly maintenance if needed (moisturize scalp and ends)

Your twist are gorgeous, I am kinda envious, I see you use kimmaytube leave in i tried that again and it was too watery, but i used the Giovanni direct leave in, aloe juice, and Castor oil. I still have some left. It moisturized good the first night but the next night it was dry again. I think my hair drank it over night, lol
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 5th January 2011, 7:34 pm

i think many people dont have success with the mix because they use it as a stand alone product. My hair love thick creamy conditioners (just like my tummy loves thick creamy alfredo Smile ). I use the kimmay tube to help restore pH, and the initial moisture from the oils used to help lock in some moisture immediately after washing. I always follow up with a thicker conditioner because thats what my hair likes. I also tweaked the recipe a bit I have KCNT but Im not ga ga over it because its a product that my hair doesnt need (Lexi doesnt tangle but I was jumping on the bandwagon and feeding my pj ism when i purchased it). I mix mine with Mane and Tail or any other water based moisture rich conditioner or any other oil or oil mix handy. Hope that helps you! Dont be envious be excited about what you have to look forward to! Believe me those twist did not come easy, when i first started experimenting with styles and techniques my hair was lookin jacked!!! correction... JACKED!!! patience and practice is all you need, Iv come so far since I started stalking curlynikki and protective styles used to be torturous now theyre a God send!
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalchic 5th January 2011, 11:55 pm

blkbeauty2010 wrote:i think many people dont have success with the mix because they use it as a stand alone product. My hair love thick creamy conditioners (just like my tummy loves thick creamy alfredo Smile ). I use the kimmay tube to help restore pH, and the initial moisture from the oils used to help lock in some moisture immediately after washing. I always follow up with a thicker conditioner because thats what my hair likes. I also tweaked the recipe a bit I have KCNT but Im not ga ga over it because its a product that my hair doesnt need (Lexi doesnt tangle but I was jumping on the bandwagon and feeding my pj ism when i purchased it). I mix mine with Mane and Tail or any other water based moisture rich conditioner or any other oil or oil mix handy. Hope that helps you! Dont be envious be excited about what you have to look forward to! Believe me those twist did not come easy, when i first started experimenting with styles and techniques my hair was lookin jacked!!! correction... JACKED!!! patience and practice is all you need, Iv come so far since I started stalking curlynikki and protective styles used to be torturous now theyre a God send!

Ok the way you use kimmaytube leave in makes sense. I liked it when it first went on but thats all i put on so i had to reapply cond later, but I think ill try it with a creamy conditioner on top Smile My hair likes the creamy conds.

I cant wait for my hair to be longer, it has grown a ton over the last 6 month, cause i keep it in 2 strand twist. When you twist in the larger twist how do you keep your ends from unravelling?
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 6th January 2011, 12:06 am

Y'all are good, I had my protective style in for 3 days. Today I got fidgety and took it out at lunch. No I am gonna dc and try again... *sigh*

@Blkbeauty
I envy your twists too. I have dense hair with fine strands so my twists never come out all plump and pretty like that... I'll keep dreaming though.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by preciouslady 6th January 2011, 1:13 am

What is your hair type and do you have thick hair? I love your twist by the way! Just thought I'd ask because they look so nice and plump. My twists are starting to look much better but I don't think they'll ever look that full because my hair is very fine. I found out that they look better when I twist on damp hair.
preciouslady
preciouslady

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 6th January 2011, 1:17 am

your twist are gorgeous!! they're so full,juicy, and look very soft!! what do you use to twist your hair???
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 6th January 2011, 2:32 am

@ Naturalchic i twist with a thick product and seal the ends with oil if needed at night i retwist the last 1/4 of the twists that needed it. i dont take down a whole twist if i dont have to because if i decide to wear it out on the weekends i dont want to have multiple twists patterns for each section. For me this makes for a uniform twist out and reduced frizz. sometimes when i initially twist towards the ends I may have to "borrow" hair from the other twist section so i can twist to the ends and i apply more product on the ends til its almost wet so my tips curl/coil.

@ Ambitious Tiff, have you tried henna to help thicken strands?

@Preciouslady I got a head full of ABCD all the way to Z. Im mostly 3a/3b, in the front/center i have like 2 something hair, i have trouble when styling that part just all wavy no curl at all, on the sides by my ears its all 4 Mad SIGH. Iv always had thick hair but I henna on the 1st of every month for added strength and fullness,

@ Rayray I twist with either of the Shea moisture products or Carols Daughter Marguerites Magic. Product is soooo important and you have to make sure you know what your hair likes. Thick creamy products are a must for me!

Last edited by blkbeauty2010 on 6th January 2011, 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 6th January 2011, 3:35 am

Nuh chile. I am still on the fence with henna b/c I don't know if I want the added color. I was looking into cassia at one point but I haven't had much time for research as of late. Crying or Very sad
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next