CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone miss their hair as much as I do?

+13
Emartini04
Curly Film Chick
SwanLakeLibra
Treece
HappigocurliJenn
Free2BMe :)
rayray19
Beautifulyfe
Niqui36
LetMeFixMyHurr
drmsd
C.
marcysuburbs
17 posters

Go down

Does anyone miss their hair as much as I do? Empty Does anyone miss their hair as much as I do?

Post by marcysuburbs 5th December 2010, 2:39 pm

I decided it would be best for my hair if I put it in kinky twists to protect it from the NY fall/winter season and I really miss her. Now I know this is for the best because I'm big on scarves/hats and that friction against my hair is going to lead to problems but it makes me sad to know that I can't touch it and rock my fave style (the twist-out) I decided the twists are coming out right before the holiday so I can officially bring in the new year as a natural but it's a struggle to wait 20 some odd days.

Is anyone else in a protective style like braids, extensions, or weaves and really missing their hair? How are you coping? What style are you in and how long do you intend on staying in PS mode?
marcysuburbs
marcysuburbs

http://meentirely.onsugar.com/

Back to top Go down

Does anyone miss their hair as much as I do? Empty Re: Does anyone miss their hair as much as I do?

Post by C. 5th December 2010, 3:14 pm

my hair is in smedium sized twists for finals week [7 exams in 4 days Sad]and will be like this til next friday. i think im going to straighten it next thursday just because the semester is over and i dont have anywhere important to go if it's a bust.

To get me thru the PS phase, i take time to moisturize the twists and re-twist as necessary which fulfills my need to play in my hair. I'm not gonna lie, it is hard to resist taking them out especially knowing that I'd have a bangin' twist-out.

Try doing up-dos. That's what I've been doing. Just randomly pin some twists up and you'll have a new style. Creativity is definitely key..

HTH Wink

C.

Back to top Go down

Does anyone miss their hair as much as I do? Empty Re: Does anyone miss their hair as much as I do?

Post by drmsd 5th December 2010, 3:27 pm

In general I've just started protective styling as I'm realizing that my hair does not like being burnt to a crisp in this intense sunlight. My hair has felt better since then. I did miss my hair so I took it down a few days before washing. I proceeded to not put the PS back in, which was a disaster. Lesson learned. As I also have exams coming up I put in some two strand twists. I hope it lasts until after the exam, which is 10 days from now.
drmsd
drmsd

Back to top Go down

Post by LetMeFixMyHurr 5th December 2010, 3:30 pm

I feel you. I'm in mini braids. Been in them for 3-4 weeks and I planned on keeping them in till the 20th, but we are going to take Christmas pictures so they will be coming down and rocking a twist out puff, mines and my mom favorite style. I can't wait! I've been waiting to rock a puff for the past week! I always get positive reactions and people wanting to touch my hair. I love it.
LetMeFixMyHurr
LetMeFixMyHurr

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 5th December 2010, 3:49 pm

I have my hair in medium sized twists and that's what I've been doing....pinning them up to get a different style. I'm TRYING to do the protective style challenge that Samara from youtube (I think that's her name) started on Dec. 1st to March 1st. I'm trying but I do miss my hair already! lol!
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautifulyfe 5th December 2010, 4:37 pm

Same here well was their. I had mini briads for the past 3 weeks and I wanted to rock them for 4 weeks but I couldnt do it anymore. I was twirling the little bit of ends I had out all day everyday just to get my hand in hair fix lol. Anyway I tok them bad boys out today it took me 3 hours and I played in my crinkles for an hour. Now Im off to put another protective style in Sad but I know its for the best.
Beautifulyfe
Beautifulyfe

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 5th December 2010, 6:12 pm

yea im always like that..when i twist my own hair i always tell myself im going to leave them in long and only usually go a day or 2
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2BMe :) 5th December 2010, 9:24 pm

I've had my puffy twists in for almost two months. I'll be taking them out during my christmas break since I'm in school.
I got bored with them after a while so I took out like a small section and left my natural hair out so I can play with it and twist it up (BAD HABITTT!!) But that helps me keep them in longer since I can still feel my real hair.

http://xoxo-chichi.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HappigocurliJenn 5th December 2010, 11:06 pm

UGH.... I don't like to PS but I will have to do so until at least April.... mind you I started in early September. I got a wig that's the same as my natural texture so when I want to 'do' my hair I just throw it on.
HappigocurliJenn
HappigocurliJenn

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 5th December 2010, 11:28 pm

After spending hours doing my twists, I initially love it and then I'm itching to take it back out. I can't wait until my hair gets longer so I can just pull it up. Right now I'm rocking a twist out but I would love to wash my hair too. Dilemmas.
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by SwanLakeLibra 5th December 2010, 11:42 pm

I do mini finger coils (see Avatar), it helps me with the "hand in fro" disease. Because I keep twirling and pulling them (they spring back like a slinky) so that satisfies my urge to play in my hair.

I did not do protective styles from my BC April 2009 until Sept 2010 and I paid for it. I done 2 BC since the original one because of severe knots and tangles; so I am committed to protective styling. I want to retain length and have healthy hair.
SwanLakeLibra
SwanLakeLibra

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 6th December 2010, 12:10 am

I know exactly what you mean, thats why I usually only keep styles in for about a week...that and because I have to wash my hair every 5-7 days. And any longer I miss playing in my hair because I love playing in it. It's hard! Very Happy
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 7th December 2010, 9:22 am

Yes. Definitely. I'm sick of retwisting my hair every 3-4 days also lol
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by marcysuburbs 7th December 2010, 10:26 pm

I was tired of retwisting my hair for twistouts but I'm really over these kinky twists. I think I just need to take that week or 2 to touch my hair before I braid it up again
marcysuburbs
marcysuburbs

http://meentirely.onsugar.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 8th December 2010, 1:46 am

i twist my hair and going to keep it twisted till january. I miss my curls and all but it kinda feel good not to have to worry about styling my hair. It kinda feel like i'm a mom and my kid is sleeping over somebody else house ...lol....i miss them but i loving the freedom lol!
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 8th December 2010, 11:26 am

Honestly, no! Laughing Not at the moment anyway. I enjoy low maintenance styles, and my yarn braids give me that. I can wash them, I can style them, and they continue to look fresh for weeks. AND they help with growth! Three for one deal! Can't go wrong with that!
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 8th December 2010, 11:37 am

LadyMika wrote:Honestly, no! Laughing Not at the moment anyway. I enjoy low maintenance styles, and my yarn braids give me that. I can wash them, I can style them, and they continue to look fresh for weeks. AND they help with growth! Three for one deal! Can't go wrong with that!

I SO want to try yarn braids - I love love love braids but my scalp does not like them have seen many you tubers wear them Crying or Very sad .... synthetic hair gives me the itchies! When I was relaxed I wore my hair in braids 75% of the time but now that I am natural, my scalp seems to be more sensitive. Did you install yours?
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 8th December 2010, 11:52 am

mizcreativelyme wrote:
LadyMika wrote:Honestly, no! Laughing Not at the moment anyway. I enjoy low maintenance styles, and my yarn braids give me that. I can wash them, I can style them, and they continue to look fresh for weeks. AND they help with growth! Three for one deal! Can't go wrong with that!

I SO want to try yarn braids - I love love love braids but my scalp does not like them have seen many you tubers wear them Crying or Very sad .... synthetic hair gives me the itchies! When I was relaxed I wore my hair in braids 75% of the time but now that I am natural, my scalp seems to be more sensitive. Did you install yours?

Yep, I did them myself. 11 hours to get them done, but they're worth it. I'm allergic to synthetic hair too--that's why I love yarn braids so much. I can still wear braids, and not worry about the constant itching. You should try them. Smile And when you do, oil your scalp with a mix of sweet almond oil and tea tree oil--that should help with the itching!
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lumii 8th December 2010, 1:11 pm

Oh yeah..! Anytime I'm wearing twists or whatever protective styling, I usually count the days until the next twist-out! Even though it's probably better for my hair but I just love my afro puff tooo much!
lumii
lumii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down