CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Product suggestions for 4a 4b hair

+2
JazzyCurlyRN
Delta87
6 posters

Go down

Product suggestions for 4a 4b hair Empty Product suggestions for 4a 4b hair

Post by Delta87 3rd December 2009, 10:10 pm

Help, I have tried coconut oil(makes hair hard), castor oil (makes greasy), giovanni leave in(cannot tell a difference). I have used the oils as sealants. My hair still feels hard after it dries. Any suggestions for soft 4a 4b hair. I have a curly weave but my hair was short and the back is not weaved so I have been playing with products. I want to BC in May. thanks
Delta87
Delta87

Back to top Go down

Product suggestions for 4a 4b hair Empty Re: Product suggestions for 4a 4b hair

Post by JazzyCurlyRN 3rd December 2009, 10:40 pm

Have you tried Shea Butter as a sealant... I was a little worried about it and I tried it and it worked wonders... You only need like very little... Give it a try.
JazzyCurlyRN
JazzyCurlyRN

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta87 4th December 2009, 12:02 pm

Thanks JazzyCurly,

I ordered some last week from Butters n Bars...I am waiting for it. Do you mix anything with it? Do you put on wet or dry hair?
Delta87
Delta87

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 4th December 2009, 12:23 pm

I seal my hair with Carol's Daughter's Healthy Hair Butter. I've learned that a little bit goes along way. I also use a mix of olive and sweet orange oil when I'm away from my butter. And you can't go wrong with 100% natural shea butter. I plan to blend mine with jojoba oil when I get a chance. Keep those ends moist. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 4th December 2009, 10:55 pm

I had the same problem with my 4a/4b hair as well. What works for me is to use a water based spray (water, vege glycerin, just a little coconut oil), then shea butter (lots of it...for me anyway my hair thirsts for moisture), and seal with coconut or castor oil. If your hair needs to be moisturized multiple times a day or during the week do so. If it needs it give it to it.
.:Eden:.

http://members.fotki.com/jhippolyte/about

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta87 4th December 2009, 11:19 pm

Thanks Eden,

I am also thinking water based products may be the answer. I tried aloe vera on one portion of my hair today and it feels better. I also considered glycerin but was reluctant because of comments concerning using it in cold weather(I live in Indiana). What do you put in your spritz? Have you tried peppermint oil or vitamin e.Your hair looks so soft?
Delta87
Delta87

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 4th December 2009, 11:54 pm

Delta87 wrote:Thanks Eden,

I am also thinking water based products may be the answer. I tried aloe vera on one portion of my hair today and it feels better. I also considered glycerin but was reluctant because of comments concerning using it in cold weather(I live in Indiana). What do you put in your spritz? Have you tried peppermint oil or vitamin e.Your hair looks so soft?

Thank you, it took me a while to figure out what products were my friend. I've been reading posts about not using glycerin during colder months, so just to be safe I haven't used any since it started getting chilly. I do use it in the summer and it doesn't dry out my hair. Currently I have an 8 or 9oz (not sure exactly it doesn't say) spray bottle filled with about 6 oz of water, maybe 1.5oz of Aubrey Organics Primrose Tangle-Go Hair Conditioner Lusterizer and Styling Spray, a little coconut oil, and a little castor oil. I don't measure, I'm basically eyeing everything, and then I shake shake shake.

As far as peppermint oil goes, I've only used it once during my MTG phase (never again). I used it to mask the smell. It was tingly and minty which was nice, but I didn't feel the need to buy it again. I haven't tried vitamin e, but I really want to. I just can't bring myself to spend $11 on a tiny bottle.

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSimone 5th December 2009, 3:44 am

hey ladies,

how do you seal your hair?
MissSimone
MissSimone

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 5th December 2009, 3:49 am

MissSimone wrote:hey ladies,

how do you seal your hair?

I apply my water based spray to my hair after cowashing, then apply a generous amount of shea butter, and I seal with coconut and castor oil (just rub both in my hands then apply).

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 5th December 2009, 11:23 am

@Eden...i like your hair...it reminds me of mine! And yes i agree with Eden...it seems as if my hair loves water based conditioner,etc...I absolutely love coconut oil,shea butter, and olive....I think the reason your hair is hard is because you still have permed ends...those permed and natural hair are like night and day...

But anywho! I used carol's daugter hair butter and hair milk when i was transitioning and it worked really well. I hope u find something!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 5th December 2009, 5:44 pm

@curly+kinky+fierce - Thanks again!. Yea, my hair likes when I do the simple things. It's when I start adding stuff and trying things that it starts acting up.

Back to top Go down

Post by JazzyCurlyRN 5th December 2009, 7:44 pm

@Eden I absolutely live your hair what type of coconut oil do you us. Die it come in a form similar to Shea butter.
JazzyCurlyRN
JazzyCurlyRN

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 5th December 2009, 8:24 pm

@JazzyCurlyRN Thank you, I use Nutiva Coconut Oil that I bought from Whole Foods. I don't think it makes a difference, just as long as it's organic. Once I finish this jar I'll switch to one of the cheaper organic brands. I wouldn't say the consistency is the same as shea butter, maybe when it's solid it may look similar. But once you rub it in your hand it melts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down