CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chagrin Valley Shampoo Bars

+4
curlsunfurled
Tmochava
Deva_87
MeekMonique
8 posters

Go down

Chagrin Valley Shampoo Bars Empty Chagrin Valley Shampoo Bars

Post by MeekMonique 3rd December 2009, 4:51 pm

www.chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com

Has anyone tried their shampoo bars?
I've tried their chamomile citrus shampoo bar, but it made my hair very dry.(smelled wonderful though)

I just recently ordered some sample sizes of some shampoo bars that sound less drying:

1. Extra Honey, Beer, and Egg
  2. Carrot Milk and Honey
  3. Babassu and Marshmallow
  4. Coconut Milk
Their prices are great, most full size bars are $6.80 and their sample sizes are ample and cost $2.50-$2.60
I will review them once I use them, I'm still waiting for them to get here.
MeekMonique
MeekMonique

http://fotki.com/RoyalEmpress2

Back to top Go down

Chagrin Valley Shampoo Bars Empty Re: Chagrin Valley Shampoo Bars

Post by MeekMonique 7th December 2009, 12:48 pm

They have really fast shipping. I ordered really late one Saturday night and it arrived here on the following Wednesday or Thursday. They are located in Ohio and I'm in Houston so that was faster than I expected. Shipping was $5.70.

So far I have tried the Babassu and Marsh Mallow shampoo bar and I like it. I was scared to use it at first because I thought it might tangle my hair and make it feel dry like their Chamomile Citrus bar did, but it didn't. I pre-poo'd, then when i was ready to use the shampoo bar, I lathered in my palms.....I was happy that it didn't lather a lot because I figured that meant it didn't have lots of detergents in it and it wouldn't strip my hair too much.

I concentrated the lather on my finger tips and washed my scalp, after a while I even used it on the length of my hair and it worked fine. Didn't dry my hair out at all. It smells good too, but it's not a strong smell when you use it in the shower.

I was my hair once a week so, I'll be back to share my reviews on the other 3 as I use them.
MeekMonique
MeekMonique

http://fotki.com/RoyalEmpress2

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva_87 26th December 2009, 4:31 am

I was thinking of trying their soaps as i live about 20- 25 minutes away from Chagrin. anyway i wasnt looking to their shampoo bars but the ones for the body. they seem really yummy.
Deva_87
Deva_87

http://members.fotki.com/Deva87/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 26th December 2009, 1:51 pm

I've been wanting to try Chagrin Valley but haven't gotten around to ordering. So I think I will be placing an order soon. Let me know what you think of the Extra Honey, Beer, and Egg as well as the Coconut Milk.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 1st January 2010, 12:27 pm

I've purchased the Chamomile & Citrus, Babassu & Marshmallow, Summer Sunshine, and the Honey Beer & Egg shampoo bars. So far I've only used the Babassu & Marshmallow and the Honey Beer & Egg bars. I think the Honey Beer & Egg was more moisturizing than the Babassu & Marshmallow for me. The website says the shampoo bars do not lather like other shampoos which leads me to think I may be using too much (wanting a lot of suds).
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifullyFree 21st March 2010, 2:53 am

If any of you visit youtube(i'm sure yall do ..don't we all?!!) lol look up EmpressRi or Richeau ..same person ..she does alot of product reviews & she's done 1 on the these products
BeautifullyFree
BeautifullyFree

Back to top Go down

Post by BreezyBaby 24th March 2010, 12:45 am

I'm not a fan of shampoo bars in general, but I love using Chagrin for my body
BreezyBaby
BreezyBaby

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyBrownEyes718 22nd April 2010, 2:18 pm

I pretty much purchased most of the bars that said super moisturizing. I was in love with them when I was relaxed but found that during my transition I could not get it out of my new growth. So it actually sticks to my newgrowth and took me weeks to finally get it out by clarifying almost every week. I am type 4a/b if that helps.
PrettyBrownEyes718
PrettyBrownEyes718

Back to top Go down

Post by cassadie3 22nd April 2010, 5:48 pm

I use the Coconut Milk bar and i find it to be super super moisturizing! I love the way it feels in my hair, its like this rich, moisturizing lather. AND they last for a really really long time which is always good!
cassadie3
cassadie3

http://naturalselectionblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down