CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mositurizing Products for Dry & Crunchy TWAs

+2
sweetdrk1
rvalent2
6 posters

Go down

Mositurizing Products  for Dry & Crunchy TWAs Empty Mositurizing Products for Dry & Crunchy TWAs

Post by rvalent2 27th December 2010, 10:55 am

Here's my dilemna,

After co-washing, my next day hair is dry and crunchy.

Current Products:
Uncle Funky's Daughter Good Hair
Uncle Funky's Curly Magic
Jojoba Oil for sealing

Some weeks I switch up and I use the following productions:
KCCC, Kinky Curly Knot Today and promenade. I use the Kinky Curly Spiral Spritz the next day to help with mosturizing.

When using either products, i have good curl definition but my hair doesn't feel soft and cottony, it's more dry. I do add water and jojoba oil the next day to help.

Any suggestions are welcome!
rvalent2
rvalent2

Back to top Go down

Mositurizing Products  for Dry & Crunchy TWAs Empty Re: Mositurizing Products for Dry & Crunchy TWAs

Post by sweetdrk1 27th December 2010, 12:17 pm

Check these superstars on YT out naptural85 and my all time favorite MahoganyCurls!

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=lS4X_c7I-8A

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=5ekcNs6I-FM

I give my hair a drink of water twice a day? If I am not leaving the house I keep a plastic cap on, works like a charm? When I got out in the cold! I put a pc and bonnet under my hat. Hope this helps!

Last edited by sweetdrk1 on 27th December 2010, 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Mositurizing Products  for Dry & Crunchy TWAs Empty Re: Mositurizing Products for Dry & Crunchy TWAs

Post by misskris 27th December 2010, 5:46 pm

I like using Cantu Shea Leave-In. It leaves my hair really soft and not dry at all. But it's not greasy either so it's great. Very Happy
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rvalent2 27th December 2010, 11:14 pm

Thanks for the suggestions... I'll research and update you ladies!
rvalent2
rvalent2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27th December 2010, 11:32 pm

@rvalent2...
maybe u shouldn't use products that are like gel like the kinky curly curling custard for exmple; heard alot of ppl complaining about the hold and how it leaves their hair feeling crunchy~

Back to top Go down

Post by kbelle 28th December 2010, 1:33 pm

another quick suggestion - try using a heavier oil. I found that jojoba oil is great in spritz and summer time, but this time of year, I always needed a heavier oil such as Olive Oil and my fav is Castor Oil.
A TWA is so great (I miss those days), have fun experimenting! I agree with the YT links, those folks are great resources.
kbelle
kbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 28th December 2010, 4:34 pm

When I was at that stage (and even now) all my hair needs is to be lightly spritzed with water daily followed by a small dollop of a good moisturizer (like Qhemets burdock root buttercream ...my hair loves this stuff). Water is your hairs' best friend. Natural hair is much like a plant that grows out of the earth ... it needs water to thrive. As far as sealing in moisture, a product with water as the first ingredient then followed by oils is best. Once you learn what your hair likes, less product is best. Good luck chica! Smile
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 28th December 2010, 4:52 pm

Everyone has given you great advice. Additionally, twa and dryness are best friends. I think many people who've rocked it had issues with dryness or had to constantly keep it moisturized. Your hair is exposed to many elements--wind, temperature, humidity, regional grasses and pollens, etc so expect some dryness. I had to work really hard to keep my hair hydrated during the first 2 months post-BC. Baggy your hair at night using a plastic cap containing water, an oil, moisturizer, or conditioning spray. Put your bonnet over it and don't take it off until morning. The cap and bonnet create heat so your never cold. The next morning, style your hair and be on your way. This method gave my twa ridiculous moisture.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down