CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My mommy needs help!!!

4 posters

Go down

My mommy needs help!!! Empty My mommy needs help!!!

Post by j. kinky 27th December 2010, 1:14 am

Ok so i went over my mommy yesterday and she loved my hair and was asking me questions on my hair and i was so proud...lol...anywho

My mom has natural hair, she had been natural for 2 years and only rocks a twa. When i ask her if she going to grow it she said "Child, i dont know what to do with this stuff.". I smile big, grab her laptop and went to curlynikki and TRIED to show her all the info but we was watching Tyler Perry new play so she wasnt paying no attention to the computer, but she say she will study it but i doubt it. She in school studying for her masters (she will be done in a couple of months) plus she work like crazy (shes a cop). Sio what i am asking from u ladies do u have any advice for a TWA sista with no time...lol
I never BC nor have i ever had a twa and i was wondering is there any tips and advice u can give me so i can give to my momma...puhlezzz Very Happy

She has dandruff bad, and she say that her hair is dry, and she is suffering from PJism...i went under her bathroom sink and omgosh....lol...i thought i was bad. She uses Carol Daughter and Kinky Curly but she say it gives her hair a stiff feeling. Her scalp dont like shea butter...she is real big on her scalp since she has dandruff.

Thanks u ladies
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

My mommy needs help!!! Empty Re: My mommy needs help!!!

Post by DreamMerchant 27th December 2010, 1:35 am

the first thing is to get rid of the dandruff. It could be product build up or dry scalp. Maybe she could massage her scalp with coconut oil before co-washing it or something. Does she sleep with her hair covered? My dandruff went away when I started using amla and henna.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 27th December 2010, 1:42 am

she say she wash her hair every morning before she goes to work. i asked her "with shampoo???" she said "Well i damn sure aint use bath and body works!"...lol...nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! I told her to try co washing and she looked at me like i lost my ever loving curly mind...lol.
After washing she put the kinky curly custard stuff on her head and brush. I asked it she is willing to rinse with AVC but she said it would burn her scalp.
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 27th December 2010, 1:43 am

mind u i dont know if AVC rinse helps with dandruff...lol..i's so specials
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 27th December 2010, 2:41 am

I don't know what to do about the dandruff..but have her check out MahoganyCurls on YT. She just started reloading her archives and she has some great TWA tips! HTH
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 27th December 2010, 2:56 am

I got this from Chagrin Valley's website. Hope it helps.

Dry scalp can cause flakes, but dry scalp and dandruff are not the same thing. Dry scalp is caused by a lack of moisture or natural oils on the scalp, which results in small, dry flakes, and itchiness. Often, switching to an all natural shampoo without drying synthetic additives may help this type of “dandruff.” See recommendations for DRY HAIR!

In a normal scalp, the process of sloughing off old skin cells and making new cells is a very orderly process. In the dandruff scalp, dead skin cells shred at an excessive rate. These cells are shed in clumps, which are big enough to be seen with the naked eye and cause the embarrassing flakes.

The true dandruff, that is not simply dry scalp, is a mild form of seborrheic dermatitis. The scalp may be red and feel irritated and itchy. We know that true dandruff is not the result of a "dry scalp", because people with oily scalps tend to suffer the most. Dandruff is often seasonal—it is most severe during the winter and mildest during the summer. Hormones may play a roll in dandruff and since it runs in families—genetics may also be a factor.

No matter which type of dandruff you have, it is important to use the mildest shampoo possible. Although detergent based shampoos will clean the hair and scalp well, they often cause over-drying which will make the condition worse.

Recommendations:

Neem and Tea Tree Oil contains three ingredients found helpful in treating true dandruff—neem oil, tea tree essential oil, and aloe vera.
Ayurvedic Herb
Herb Garden
Nettle
Rosemary Mint

Maybe you can find some shampoos and conditioners with the above ingredients.

My mom has dandruff too, like mad aggressive dandruff. We use KC Come Clean on her hair to shampoo. Conditioner is plain ole vo5. Butter is QB stuff. She doesn't seal. My mo also has cancer and the chemo treatments dry out her hair and the QB has helped a lot.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 27th December 2010, 4:37 am

Thank u ladies... me and my mommy sure appreciate it!
@vixen i hope ur mom gets well soon! i will and her and you. thank u darling
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down