CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sweet is back and had a ball!!

+75
iri9109
yldthng
MissFierce21
KeetaRay
summerbreeze76
.:Eden:.
Onebyd42
naturalqtpy
Cherry: extraordinary!
BajanPrincess82
Kea::curls
naturallynola
QueenSheba
Hurricane Curly
mrsmackey
laleepop14
Karyn
coilykinks
DaButterflyBAP
jaybella
AfrikanLatina
Nikcoils
j. kinky
DreamMerchant
TheRYL1
LadyMika
tamtam7
poeticlyspkng
Umph
Buttercup76
wyldhoney
Juices-n-Berries
priceless
cyclingchick
yacoomba
swoodward
MahoganyCurls
SisterBoyd
MissyCee
NubieNatty
SheeTacular
oooop2
NhappyJackie
kinksncurls
NylaCoils
funkyhairchic
Madeaj
Fleur
molove87
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
CocoEuro
jeanlouisangel
freckledmom4
bholmes87
NaturalNixon
curlya
rayray19
krazy coils
SpringCurls
KinkyNappyHappy
ChrsLvsBks
DvaAuNaturel
jlowman1
LaToya28
CrissyQ
Freestyles
Renny
Intelligentbeauty
CocaColaCutie
queenshakirah
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
FemmeFox
BlondeByDesire
79 posters

Page 9 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 26  Next

Go down

Sweet is back and had a ball!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Sweet is back and had a ball!!

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd January 2011, 3:43 pm

Shocked Seriously!! SERIOUSLY IT'S JUST HAIR! OMG today is my first day back to work and if one more person says
" Mad Why did you cut your pretty hair off?" First of all it's still pretty and last time I put my hand up there I felt hair so I didn't cut it off! At this day and age is having long hair that serious? I expected feedback, but geesh! Not out right rage

"Gaye it was getting so long, how could you do that?" Because that is what I wanted to do...I am trying to rememeber if folks reacted in such a way when I cut my permed hair. I mean honestly what is the difference. It grew once it will grow again, it's not that serious

"Was it falling out? is that why you cut it?" Shocked uh NO!

"OMG Gaye are you sick again?" WTF NO! I simply cut my hair, gee wiz! It's only hair...it will grow IF I want it to.

Now, all my life I struggled with my complexion and my weight (not happy about that right now) but if I didn't tell you that, you wouldn't know because I was taught to walk with my head high. If you don't have a strong back bone this world can be hard on a sista! If I didn't have a "I don't care what you think attitude" I would be crying right now.

Instead I am walking proud, because I may be black and I am be fat...but dang I wear it well! Hmph! *rolling my eyes and walking away*
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Sweet is back and had a ball!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Sweet is back and had a ball!!

Post by DvaAuNaturel 3rd January 2011, 3:57 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote: "OMG Gaye are you sick again?" WTF NO! I simply cut my hair, gee wiz! It's only hair...it will grow IF I want it to.

Shocked OMG! People have no sensor, couth, or tact anymore. Some things you just don't say - good grief.

sweetdrk1 wrote: Instead I am walking proud, because I may be black and I am be fat...but dang I wear it well! Hmph! *rolling my eyes and walking away*

I know that's right.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 3rd January 2011, 3:59 pm

I feel you. people at my job always got slick stuff to say about my hair. When i first started to wear my natural i use to get offended and was embarrassed and try to explain about black hair and relaxers and the history behind it and then i said u know what...whatever!!!

U going say what u wanna

So i hold my fizzy,nappy,black head up high.

j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 3rd January 2011, 4:30 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote: Shocked Seriously!! SERIOUSLY IT'S JUST HAIR! OMG today is my first day back to work and if one more person says
" Mad Why did you cut your pretty hair off?" First of all it's still pretty and last time I put my hand up there I felt hair so I didn't cut it off! At this day and age is having long hair that serious? I expected feedback, but geesh! Not out right rage

I heard that comment at least 5000 times a day when i BC!! and it does become very annoying!! like y does it matter its not your hair its MINE!!!! but your confidence is right on!! some people i just ignorant and stuck on one type of beauty its sad
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 3rd January 2011, 4:31 pm

You cut it because its your hair! The only thing for anyone to say is how good it looks on you. Not question why you did it. Your reasons are your own. Gees, have people completely lost the manners they should have learned as children?

Why is it people want to put you in a box and make you stay there? If you gain weight, someone is looking at what you eat. Lose weight and you must be sick. Buy new clothes and you have a boyfriend, job interview, etc. New car, you must have got a raise, new job, inheritance, secret money hidden in the mattress, something. Laughing Why can't people just say something nice and go on with what they were doing?

Okay Sweetdrk (just joking) next time you decide to make such a major decision, you must poll the office just to make sure they are all okay with your choices. Laughing lol!
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd January 2011, 4:32 pm

Madeaj wrote:You cut it because its your hair! The only thing for anyone to say is how good it looks on you. Not question why you did it. Your reasons are your own. Gees, have people completely lost the manners they should have learned as children?

Why is it people want to put you in a box and make you stay there? If you gain weight, someone is looking at what you eat. Lose weight and you must be sick. Buy new clothes and you have a boyfriend, job interview, etc. New car, you must have got a raise, new job, inheritance, secret money hidden in the mattress, something. Laughing Why can't people just say something nice and go on with what they were doing?

Okay Sweetdrk (just joking) next time you decide to make such a major decision, you must poll the office just to make sure they are all okay with your choices. Laughing lol!
Hahahahaha exactly! I apparently violated a rule, geesh!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd January 2011, 4:34 pm

rayray19 wrote:
sweetdrk1 wrote: Shocked Seriously!! SERIOUSLY IT'S JUST HAIR! OMG today is my first day back to work and if one more person says

I heard that comment at least 5000 times a day when i BC!! and it does become very annoying!! like y does it matter its not your hair its MINE!!!! but your confidence is right on!! some people i just ignorant and stuck on one type of beauty its sad
People are just crazy! Because I have been known to go off, they better check before coming for me!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd January 2011, 4:37 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:
sweetdrk1 wrote: "OMG Gaye are you sick again?" WTF NO! I simply cut my hair, gee wiz! It's only hair...it will grow IF I want it to.

Shocked OMG! People have no sensor, couth, or tact anymore. Some things you just don't say - good grief.

sweetdrk1 wrote: Instead I am walking proud, because I may be black and I am be fat...but dang I wear it well! Hmph! *rolling my eyes and walking away*

I know that's right.
Yes folks just say whatever they want to....
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd January 2011, 4:38 pm

j. kinky wrote:I feel you. people at my job always got slick stuff to say about my hair. When i first started to wear my natural i use to get offended and was embarrassed and try to explain about black hair and relaxers and the history behind it and then i said u know what...whatever!!!

U going say what u wanna

So i hold my fizzy,nappy,black head up high.

That's right! Be proud!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 3rd January 2011, 5:01 pm

I agree and really they should mind their business. But consider, sometimes people get on the journey with you, whether you invite them or not. Everytime I grew my hair long (when I was relaxed) and then chopped it down to a pixie cut- people were taken aback. The same happened when I transitioned and chopped. So, I'm saying- don't take it too seriously. I'm sure it's all being said in love, and complimentary to you and your hair. And now they must move on.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 3rd January 2011, 5:11 pm

Do I need to stop by your office to give your employees/co-workers a good ol' New Years cussin'??? I'm trying to better this year but let me know...because I'll do it! Some nerve! Mad
---Reese afro
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd January 2011, 5:46 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:I agree and really they should mind their business. But consider, sometimes people get on the journey with you, whether you invite them or not. Everytime I grew my hair long (when I was relaxed) and then chopped it down to a pixie cut- people were taken aback. The same happened when I transitioned and chopped. So, I'm saying- don't take it too seriously. I'm sure it's all being said in love, and complimentary to you and your hair. And now they must move on.
You are right PS I just wasn't ready for the nonsense. Could I put my bad down first? Geesh! I am over it with my fly cut! HA!

Freestyles wrote:Do I need to stop by your office to give your employees/co-workers a good ol' New Years cussin'??? I'm trying to better this year but let me know...because I'll do it! Some nerve! Mad
---Reese afro
LOL that is why I love you!! My girlfriend was like who said that? Point them out! lol!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd January 2011, 6:09 pm

Okay...we've talked about this before....but I'll pull that other person out if I have to!! SMH People sure can be interesting. So I would pretend that I didn't hear them. That's what I do now when I know I'm having a bad hair day, and someone tells me "Oh your hair is too cute!" I know that they are trying to be funny so I pretend not to hear them!! LOL

I had a different effect on people when I had permed hair...when I cut my hair...several ladies would all of a sudden show up with short hair. It was too funny....but I think it was all done in love.

Have a great day..and rock your new curly cut!! "Pretty Girl Rockin"

So turn this one around and tell them like I tell men....don't get attached to hair because you never know when I'm going to cut it!!! lol!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd January 2011, 6:19 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Okay...we've talked about this before....but I'll pull that other person out if I have to!! SMH People sure can be interesting. So I would pretend that I didn't hear them. That's what I do now when I know I'm having a bad hair day, and someone tells me "Oh your hair is too cute!" I know that they are trying to be funny so I pretend not to hear them!! LOL

I had a different effect on people when I had permed hair...when I cut my hair...several ladies would all of a sudden show up with short hair. It was too funny....but I think it was all done in love.

Have a great day..and rock your new curly cut!! "Pretty Girl Rockin"

So turn this one around and tell them like I tell men....don't get attached to hair because you never know when I'm going to cut it!!! lol!
I swear I don't usually let folks get to me...but it's over now! I vented and now I'm better! *hugs*
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd January 2011, 6:20 pm

Venting is over....lol thanks for listening to me! Love you guys!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 3rd January 2011, 6:33 pm

Right on Sister ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 4th January 2011, 12:23 am

first of all...lmaoooo@madea cuz sure nuff ALL those things happen when u UPGRADE urself. when i fully furnished my living room last month my gf was like "oooh somebody got a bonus" silent im like nooooo its called savin n sacrificing wit a hint of overtime becuz im tired of living in my bedroom since august Rolling Eyes im sure when i get my lex folks will think u got a raise not realizing just cuz u upgrade ur car, who's to say my payments wouldnt be the same as my old one!!

now sweets...u already know folks cant handle change. i already KNOW those will be the same reactions i'll get which is all good. my dad who cant stand my naturalness had a nerve to say "i like ur hair better like this (straight) cuz u look like u got money" pale WTF kinda ish is THAT to say??? im lookin at him like No everyone used to always ask why i'd wanna cut MY hair after its so long n i tell em...its MY hair n what i wanna do. whats so hard about it especially when they not payin for ish Mad ok let me stop venting woooooo i just see it now...
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th January 2011, 12:37 am

Nub they just caught me off gaurd is all! I just needed to vent...I am so over it even after I cut off all my pretty hair! That was the funniest one to me!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 4th January 2011, 1:02 am

just know whether its long or short...they'll still be talkin
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 4th January 2011, 1:19 am

NubieNatty wrote:just know whether its long or short...they'll still be talkin

u aint never lied
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th January 2011, 8:10 am

Hey lady, can't wait to see you and Sasha saturday. bounce
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th January 2011, 11:47 am

j. kinky wrote:
NubieNatty wrote:just know whether its long or short...they'll still be talkin

u aint never lied
lol it's a shame but oh so true!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th January 2011, 12:53 pm

IMPROVING your attitude requires a shift in perception

Good Morning Curlfriends!

Today is day 2 of no sweet drinks and smaller portions. It will also be my second day of working out with the biggest loser on the Kinect. When I tell you my entire body hurts..LOL Wooo but I must do this for my health. I do NOT want to continue to take these blood pressure pills! I have always struggled with drinking enough water..but when I tell you it makes a HUGE difference..I am going to stick to my guns this time.

The hair....well...it's short! hahahahahahahaaa and I love it!
Have a great day ladies!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th January 2011, 12:56 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Hey lady, can't wait to see you and Sasha saturday. bounce
Me too! I am praying this snow is only an inch or so!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 4th January 2011, 1:55 pm

Wow sweet! love the BC the 2nd time around. I've been on vacation for 3 weeks so i am a little behind.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 26  Next