CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP sweet angel

4 posters

Go down

RIP sweet angel Empty RIP sweet angel

Post by Mzbush 3rd November 2010, 11:06 am

I am beyond hurt right now. I am so disappointed with myself for putting off what I should have done immediately. The Lion King Actress, 11 year old Shannon Tavarez was suffering from leukemia and was having a hard time finding a match for a donor. I meant to get tested for compatibility. I meant to tell everyone I could to get tested as well. This little girl had so much charisma and beauty. She had the voice of an angel but I put it off. And now it is too late. She lost her battle. A miracle gone way too soon. Please take a minute to listen to her sing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9EeixnLjHQ
Mzbush
Mzbush

Back to top Go down

RIP sweet angel Empty Re: RIP sweet angel

Post by Tamren 3rd November 2010, 12:55 pm

May she RIP. Both she and Yasmina touched me! I went and registered.
Tamren
Tamren

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 8th November 2010, 3:32 pm

Mz Bush, it is always so sad to hear that a child died. Please don't take it personally or carry the burden of her death on your shoulders. God decides when to call each of us home and now he has his angel up there with him. All you can do now is spread the word and pray for her family.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 5th February 2011, 10:23 pm

Shannon Tavarez's death is what convinced me that I should join the fight ... I'm a member of the Be the Batch National Marrow Donor Program. I feel it is my duty as a healthy, young, Black woman to do so; I even got my husband involved. It's simple to sign up for and it's even simpler to complete the process (by sending back cotton swabs so they can gather your DNA profile for the registry). Every chance I get I donate blood and/or platelets. I look forward to matching someone in need one day ...

NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down