CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wash-n-Go gel suggestions

4 posters

Go down

Wash-n-Go gel suggestions Empty Wash-n-Go gel suggestions

Post by CurlyCrayolaBrown 22nd December 2010, 10:58 pm

Im currently using ECO Styler gel #10 and my wngs always look like I have a shrunken jheri curl. The curl definition is bangin but a little length would be nice.
CurlyCrayolaBrown
CurlyCrayolaBrown

Back to top Go down

Wash-n-Go gel suggestions Empty Re: Wash-n-Go gel suggestions

Post by Guest 23rd December 2010, 2:25 am

um when doing a wash and go, alot of gels have a crunch to them...maybe u could try a curl activator; idk u have to see what works for u! good luck~

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 23rd December 2010, 2:44 am

CurlyCrayolaBrown, try sealing your hair with oil before adding the gel. The oil creates a barrier against the crunchiness of the gel. You can also try mixing your oil with your gel in a little bowl before applying if you want to move quicker. Also, type in Wash-N-Go in the search and you'll find a lot of different methods. I have a Wash-N-Go thread going strong in the General section that shows step-by-step how my style. HTH.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by molove87 23rd December 2010, 2:45 pm

strawberri_slushee wrote:um when doing a wash and go, alot of gels have a crunch to them...maybe u could try a curl activator; idk u have to see what works for u! good luck~

I've been using Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1, which is a curl activator and it gets my hair curly with lots of moisture. You may not agree with the ingredients, but my hair responds well to it so I'll keep it around.

fleur wrote:CurlyCrayolaBrown, try sealing your hair with oil before adding the gel. The oil creates a barrier against the crunchiness of the gel. You can also try mixing your oil with your gel in a little bowl before applying if you want to move quicker. Also, type in Wash-N-Go in the search and you'll find a lot of different methods. I have a Wash-N-Go thread going strong in the General section that shows step-by-step how my style. HTH.

Great advice!! I always get a crunch and dryness from ecostyler(olive), that's exactly why I use oil before gel. I've been giving Aussie; aussome volume gel a try, and so far I'm loving it. No crunch but great definition, and the ingredients are not that bad either. I've been using it on top of the HS. These two products compliment each other on my hair. hth
molove87
molove87

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 24th December 2010, 12:08 am

I love Donna Marie's Miracurl. It actually elongates my hair by day three. I usually get five to six days out of a WNG. But I'm not using it now. Glycerin and I don't do well in the winter. I'll begin using it again in March. Love it.

Last edited by Renny on 24th December 2010, 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More to say)
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down