CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miss Jessie's products.........yes/no?

+22
Renny
ChakaKhanian
LetMeFixMyHurr
KinkycurlyKi
tamtam7
bludini1
CarlaAR
curlya
QueenSheba
marcysuburbs
naybesa
naomimaxine927
Choctaw
makeupvixen
FalconTress
Stephy0306
j. kinky
rayray19
CurlyGirly9
misskris
Niqui36
thegagaminaj
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Miss Jessie's products.........yes/no? Empty Miss Jessie's products.........yes/no?

Post by thegagaminaj 19th December 2010, 1:37 pm

I bought a little container of the curly meringue and its okay......it doesn't put a shine on my hair though but it defines the curl. That mess is EXPENSIVE though.......has anyone else ever tried this stuff?

thegagaminaj

Back to top Go down

Miss Jessie's products.........yes/no? Empty Re: Miss Jessie's products.........yes/no?

Post by Niqui36 19th December 2010, 2:41 pm

I tried the curly pudding and I didn't care for it. It left my hair dry and filmy. Haven't tried the meringue though.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Miss Jessie's products.........yes/no? Empty Re: Miss Jessie's products.........yes/no?

Post by misskris 19th December 2010, 2:45 pm

Yeah, I don't think i'll ever buy any. I have heard mixed reviews about it all and yes, it is WAY to expensive for it not to do what you want it to!!!! I'll pass. LOL
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyGirly9 19th December 2010, 2:54 pm

I bought the curly meringue black friday. It's amazing in my opinion, it left my hair moisturized, shiny and well defined. My only problem is the mineral oil and the strong scent.
CurlyGirly9
CurlyGirly9

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 19th December 2010, 7:08 pm

I don't have any miss Jessie products because there prices is ridiculous for products that contain mineral oil and junk..I might as well buy some pink lotion and blue grease lol
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 19th December 2010, 7:33 pm

rayray19 wrote:I don't have any miss Jessie products because there prices is ridiculous for products that contain mineral oil and junk..I might as well buy some pink lotion and blue grease lol
Laughing ...Feel the same way
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy0306 19th December 2010, 7:50 pm

I haven't tried it yet but i been wanting to try the curling pudding.... but like everyone said its so expensive. I dont feel like it should be so expensive, it seems like things that are made for blacks are so expensive, even the miss jessies hair salon is expensive. I think its not fair that i can just go to a Dominican hair salon and the prices are much more reasonable to get my hair done. I think Blacks should start making things for us that we can all afford.

It turns me off from them and makes me just want to go to a dominican hair salon because i love natural hair but it really is high maintenance just to find a good hair salon. Mad

Stephy0306

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 19th December 2010, 8:06 pm

I commend them on an excellent job of marketing. They have identified a segment of the population that wants what they are selling at the prices they have set. I have looked at the ingredients and they are not a match for my hair at this point in time.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 19th December 2010, 8:10 pm

I've tried it. My avatar is a picture of my hair with it.

I didn't like the pudding, too dry for me, my mother loves it though. Actually I don't like anything from Miss Jessie's except the meringue is when I want big hair. Only sad part to the meringue is that it lasts 5 hours before it's a freezy mess. I only got one jar of that from Target and I had a gift card, I won't be buying it again when it runs out but I will use it every now and then.

makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Choctaw 19th December 2010, 8:17 pm

I tried the baby butter creme and curly meringue. Both smell nice, ok for styling but dries my hair. I won't purchase these products again.

Choctaw

Back to top Go down

Post by naomimaxine927 19th December 2010, 8:58 pm

I have wanted to, but the reviews are so mixed, and I am not willing to try and take a chance on a product that costs that much. No thanks! lol
naomimaxine927
naomimaxine927

http://beautifulkinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by naybesa 19th December 2010, 11:43 pm

the only products of miss jessie's i've used so far is her shampoo and the cream de la cream conditioner. that sad part is that i liked the shampoo better then the conditioner because the conditioner didnt really do all that much for me. i mean it was cool but i have used better conditioners then that one i even did a review on it on youtube but all in all i wouldn't buy there shampoo or conditioner again i am thinking about trying their twist up products

if you would like to see the vid i did u can check it out here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BcoBSqLCEc
naybesa
naybesa

https://www.youtube.com/NayBesa

Back to top Go down

Post by marcysuburbs 20th December 2010, 12:24 am

I have the Super Sweetback Treatment and I really love it! I have tried anything else of theirs but I won it in a giveaway and have been hooked ever since. It claims to elongate & moisturize curls... which I agree with. The price is outlandish so when I won that jar I was super stingy with it but this BOGO has helped a lot.

Here's a link to the review I wrote: Miss Jessie's SST

I say try the sample size if you have doubts. They are super small for $9 but I would rather that versus $40, $50
marcysuburbs
marcysuburbs

http://meentirely.onsugar.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenSheba 20th December 2010, 3:03 am

I tried the curly meringue and the curly pudding both dried my hair out and frizzed after a day. I thought it was my hair being unruly but it was the products I put in it. After washing it out and adding some raw shea butter and olive oil my curls popped and lasted for about a week. who would of thought! my hair is a cheap date.
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 20th December 2010, 3:53 am

I have not tried the products because of the price. I've been able to find products that work for my hair and are less expensive.
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 20th December 2010, 6:47 am

I was never interested in Miss Jessie's (formerly Curve) because of the ingredients (mineral oils and silicones) and the price of the products. Their tag line: "turn kinks to curls" turns my stomach.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by bludini1 20th December 2010, 1:55 pm

I have the curly meringue. It made my hair crunchy and dry, not the business.

bludini1

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 21st December 2010, 12:37 pm

I have tried the stretch silkening cream and love it. I also just purchased the curly meringue and I am interested in trying it out for my two strand twists. I took advantage of the BOGO sale but probably will not purchase it again unless they have another sale like that because the prices are a bit outrageous.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkycurlyKi 21st December 2010, 3:31 pm

I just order my first set of miss jessies products during her BOGO sale (its still going on til 12/31). I ordered:
1. super slip sudsy shampoo- smells good like the way it cleans my hair so far(used 2x)
2. Cream de la cream conditioner- smells nice- not sure how i feel about it yet. I dont normal use regular conditioner
3. Super sweetback treatment-LOVE THIS STUFF!! makes my hair super soft and made my curls really pop and smells like bubble gum
4. Rapid recovery- made my hair feel moisterized
5. Curly pudding- made my hair super curly like a jeri curl, but shiny, mosit and no friz
6. Curly buttercream- also love this stuff. makes hair moist and shiney.

check out my youtube video on my review of miss jessies products www.youtube.com/user/napturallyki

I havent used anything with cone since i BC, i have heard a lot about these products and wanted to try them and the only way that i would be able to would be to get them on the BOGO sale.

KinkycurlyKi
KinkycurlyKi

Back to top Go down

Post by LetMeFixMyHurr 21st December 2010, 4:15 pm

Nope. I havent tried any of the products yet. My mom ordered me the value pack. 64 for all of the samples.... but we got am email that the product is out of stock sooooo I won't be getting that in time for christmas, lol. But when every it goes here I will review all of the products... but to be honest, I'm having a love affair with Kinky Curly products, I'm not sure if I want it to end.
LetMeFixMyHurr
LetMeFixMyHurr

Back to top Go down

Post by ChakaKhanian 21st December 2010, 5:45 pm

Simple reply: No

Complicated reply: Last year was my last time falling for the BOGO deal. The year before that, I puchased the Curly Pudding, Baby Creme and the Buttercream. Just put it like this-at the time I was learning how to swim and I would use the Baby Creme all over my hair so that it would fit under the swim cap. I got tired of looking at the products in my cabinet, so I gave them away to a fotki member.

Last year, I decided to try the Curly Meringue. There's still one full jar with the protective cover on it and the other jar has been barely used.
ChakaKhanian
ChakaKhanian

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 21st December 2010, 7:41 pm

I've tried Curly Meringue. I purchased a 2 oz sample. It was okay. I mixed it with aloe vera gel. I wouldn't repurchase. I've found cheaper things that work better.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21st December 2010, 8:57 pm

i say NO......Miss Jessie's products are too damn high....y waste money on something and it may not even be all that ppl make it out to be??? could spend that on something else lol~ Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 21st December 2010, 10:09 pm

I agree with you Strawberri, but part of me still wants to try it BUT I don't wanna pay for it. If I could win some or someone gave me some that would be good!! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 22nd December 2010, 2:41 pm

Miss Jessies is all the rage but they are EXPENSIVE I have tried the babybuttercreme but is was ok nothing that I would purchase again
For all the ladies that are trying her products I hope it works for you especially for the prices
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next