CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I want a "grease"!

+5
Jazzyrin
Renny
krazy coils
Ambitious_Tiff
mokacoffey
9 posters

Go down

I want a "grease"!  Empty I want a "grease"!

Post by mokacoffey 15th December 2010, 9:26 pm

So, I was using some of my Darcy's Botanicals Scalp Conditioning Butter on my scalp (duh)the other day... and I really like it, btw! Anyway, I ended up putting some on my hair as well before I french braided it for the night. It made my hair super easy to manage! Got me to thinking that i miss that feeling of a hair grease;-( It has the consistency of say.. a BB Super Gro or some other petroleum/mineral oil that product that I used to use.
I'm wondering....does anyone know of a product that is like that in consistency? Its got a salve kinda feel to it that I appreciate. But without the not so beneficial ingredients. Hopefully, someone know what I'm taking about here!

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

I want a "grease"!  Empty Re: I want a "grease"!

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 15th December 2010, 9:48 pm

Man I know exactly what you're referring to! I will be watching this thread as I miss it sometimes too!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 15th December 2010, 9:52 pm

A lot of pomades will give you that grease feeling. I haven't been able to find any on the ground but I have used Hairveda's Almond Glaze and Qhemet's Amla Oil pomade. I used both to "grease" my scalp (lol). I would like to find something like this in the store. Also heard that Oyin's Burnt Sugar pomade can also be used this way.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 15th December 2010, 10:32 pm

Darcy has a product called Cherry Kernal Butter and then definitely Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade. I really like them both and they're also great for sealing.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 15th December 2010, 10:47 pm

Ooh, Renny! I looked up the Darcys palm & cherry hair butter and it looks right up my alley. Wish it weren't so expensive ( 12 bucks for 4 ounces) Whomp,Whomp!.. I'll prolly try it anyway though.

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 15th December 2010, 11:22 pm

Do you have to purchase all of these products online?
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 15th December 2010, 11:41 pm

mokacoffey wrote:Ooh, Renny! I looked up the Darcys palm & cherry hair butter and it looks right up my alley. Wish it weren't so expensive ( 12 bucks for 4 ounces) Whomp,Whomp!.. I'll prolly try it anyway though.

Moka - I swear it's been lasting me forever. I've barely cracked the jar and I've been using it for 2 months. I say go for it.
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 16th December 2010, 1:44 am

Renny- what scent do you have the palm & cherry butter in? I'm scent sensitive, but thinking the Peppermint/Tea Tree or the Patchouli/Orange....hmmm....

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzyrin 16th December 2010, 1:58 am

my honey child has a hair grease with great ingredients its called sophias hair grease or something like that it smells like peaches its greasy lol so u dnt need alot i love it
Jazzyrin
Jazzyrin

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 17th December 2010, 1:12 pm

@Jazz- I saw that..Its a good price too!.. I was also thinking of Carol's Daughter Hair Honey Mimosa? I know it would be good to order now cause the 40% off & free shipping! Dang....I need to step back from the products for real!

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by Choctaw 17th December 2010, 2:03 pm

I "greate" with Olde Jamaica Black Castor Oil pomade or aloe vera gel mixed with castor oil.

Choctaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 18th December 2010, 1:11 am

mokacoffey wrote:Renny- what scent do you have the palm & cherry butter in? I'm scent sensitive, but thinking the Peppermint/Tea Tree or the Patchouli/Orange....hmmm....

I have the lavender vanilla. Just smells like lavender to me.
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by brownsugar09 18th December 2010, 2:27 pm

I have to agree with Jazzyrin. I have My Honey Child's Sophia's Old Fashion Hair Grease and I really like it. I bought the sample size and since a little goes a long way, it will last me quite a while. I am very sensitive to smells but the peach scent of this grease is really pleasant, natural and not at all overpowering. HTH!
brownsugar09
brownsugar09

Back to top Go down

Post by vivacious00 19th December 2010, 7:33 am

Taliah Waajid has a grease/conditioner that can be found at the BSS and some drugstores/Targets.
vivacious00
vivacious00

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 19th December 2010, 6:50 pm

mokacoffey wrote:Renny- what scent do you have the palm & cherry butter in? I'm scent sensitive, but thinking the Peppermint/Tea Tree or the Patchouli/Orange....hmmm....
I have it in patchouli orange and I love it. Not too strong.
I also use the oyin burnt sugar pomade. I alternate between the darcy kernel butter and this. Darcy's is lighter and makes my hair shinier, oyin is better for sealing and I LOVE the smell.
And I'd you're interested in trying the CD mimosa hair honey, I have a jar that's 85-90% full i can send to you if you wanna swap or purchase. :smile:
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 19th December 2010, 9:12 pm

Hmm.. I have some Oyin Burnt Sugar.. I'll try that too! Thanks ladies. I really really don't need to purchase anything till I use up some of my stash ...

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 19th December 2010, 10:08 pm

I agree with Queen that I mostly use Burnt Sugar for sealing and the DB on my scalp. If you're looking for something you can get on the ground, TW does have a product in her kiddie's line. Style and Shine. I use is on my son's hair. Shea butter and some other oils and stuff. It's $4.99 or 5.99. It's not the same as the DB but it's good stuff too. I can't use it because I can't use the shea, but I liked the consistency.
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down