CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bought it, but haven't done it..WAAAIIITTT!!!!

2 posters

Go down

Bought it, but haven't done it..WAAAIIITTT!!!! Empty Bought it, but haven't done it..WAAAIIITTT!!!!

Post by msjakkia 1st December 2009, 2:45 pm

Ok ladies. This is my thing, I want to and will do Henna. This is my question. Unlike many others, I want my hair color to change. I want more of a copper color to my hair to add some pizzazz, but have read that henna does not lighten hair, it just gives it a reddish tint, which isn't what I am looking for. So I have seen the Light Mountian henna hair color in mahoghany that is supposed to give dark browns and rich copper look. I found it at the health food store I frequent. My question is, are these safe to use? I know they are ammonia and peroxide free which is great, but I just need to know which is the best route for me to take. Any help you guys can give me will help so much.
msjakkia
msjakkia

Back to top Go down

Bought it, but haven't done it..WAAAIIITTT!!!! Empty Re: Bought it, but haven't done it..WAAAIIITTT!!!!

Post by Jonezy 1st December 2009, 3:15 pm

I'm no expert, but I paint--and through my knowledge of color mixing--when any color is added into black, black over powers it--the only "color" that effect black is white. For there to be a drastic change, the starting color has to be lighter than the color being added to it.

So unless you bleach (ammonia/peroxide) your hair first no natural colorant will drastically change black hair color. You have to make dark/black hair lighter to get a drastic color change with henna--or "light mountain" which is a mix of Lawsonia Inermis(henna), Indigoferae Folium and/or Cassia Auriculata --depending on what "color" you use.

Natural blondes and light/dark brunettes, or black hair with previous professional color, are who recieve the big color change with henna.
Some one can correct me if i'm wrong, but that's my understanding.
Jonezy
Jonezy

http://www.bleucoiffure.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down