CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honey in your conditioner and trimming your enda

+3
Ambitious_Tiff
creolebeauty1
Emartini04
7 posters

Go down

Honey in your conditioner and trimming your enda Empty Honey in your conditioner and trimming your enda

Post by Emartini04 14th December 2010, 4:02 pm

Hey Ladies I have two questions for you:

Is it wise to use honey in your conditioner during the winter? I keep hearing it should only be used in the summer and I just read it should be used during the winter.

Also how often should you get your ends clipped? My hair has been tangling a lot and my stylist said it was due to my ends. He cut off more than I expected and I'm not happy about this.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Honey in your conditioner and trimming your enda Empty Re: Honey in your conditioner and trimming your enda

Post by creolebeauty1 14th December 2010, 4:08 pm

i heard that honey just like vegetable glycerin in an humectant i use honey in my DC since im rinsing that out i didn't think it mattered i'll have to read some more on it for sure but i stopped using my glycerin saving it for the summer
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Honey in your conditioner and trimming your enda Empty Re: Honey in your conditioner and trimming your enda

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 14th December 2010, 4:09 pm

Hey chicki! Well from what i understand, honey is a humectant and pulls moisture from the air around it. So with this being winter, especially if you live in a harsh climate, I don't believe the benefits will be as good as the would be in warmer months... As far as getting your ends clipped, I get trims very irregulary. I believe the rule of thumb is every 6-8 weeks though. When you say tangling, are they single strand knots or like multi strand tangles...?
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 14th December 2010, 5:17 pm

I use honey when I prepoo sometimes but it gets washed out.

As for cutting my ends, I cut them when they need it (single strand knots, split ends, see through ends). I dont cut on schedule. It's not conducive to length retention.

Hair, on average, grows 1/2 per month (6 inches a year). If you are cutting it every 6-8 weeks, it will take a long time to reach long lengths.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 14th December 2010, 6:24 pm

Thanks a lot ladies. Appreciate the feedback.

@ Lynn yeah I really just wanted the front cut because it was too long but he recommended I clip my ends because the way they were looking and because my hair was tangling alot. I'm a bit upset because with a two strand twist my hair was under my ears and now it's not Sad

Ok so if I wash the honey out I guess it won't hurt huh?
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 14th December 2010, 6:27 pm

I use it in my deep conditioners as well so it has worked so far
As far as my ends I havent cut them in 7 months but they are feeling very rough & get knots in them so I think its time
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by naturally yours 14th December 2010, 6:29 pm

i use honey when i dc and i never experience any dryness. i use it during hot and cold weather and my hair stays soft and shiny. i love honey in dc's. i use to put glycerin in my dc's and it was in the winter month and it didnt dry my hair out but i stop when i heard u shouldnt use it in the winter. i always clip my ends when needed. if i see single strand knots, splits etc...i dont have an exact schedule.

naturally yours

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 15th December 2010, 12:38 am

Well i use two products with honey in it year round and that's the Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner ( I use as a conditioner and leave in) and I use the Qhemets Biologics Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm as a sealer.

I live in Los Angeles, it was 85 degrees yesterday and it's winter time, almost Christmas. Today it's 70 and tomorrow will be 65. So I think that where I live it doesn't really effect my hair. I have fine 4a hair too.

I have tried raw Honey as a pre poo and love it too.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down