CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BC Anxiety

+3
jeanlouisangel
BlondeByDesire
tgrant4
7 posters

Go down

BC Anxiety Empty BC Anxiety

Post by tgrant4 13th December 2010, 1:11 pm

I am new to this site and looking for a bit of encouragement and advice. I have not had a relaxer since April 1 so that makes about 8 1/2 months. My hair is like half natural and curly and half relaxed. I know that the two different textures are not good neither healthy for your hair and can cause serious breakage. I'm thinking of bc'ing on Friday of this week, but I'm having lots of anxiety. Well I'm most definitely going to do the big chop but I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with Afro or get braids. If i really like the afro then I want to dye it a auburn color if i don't like it, i think I'm going to get kinky twist. my biggest worry is that the afro won't fit me and issues of self esteem and self image. Does anyone have any advice or any encouragement. I'm desperate... HELP

tgrant4

Back to top Go down

BC Anxiety Empty Re: BC Anxiety

Post by BlondeByDesire 13th December 2010, 2:25 pm

Don't stress it ... do what you feel best and what would work for you. I would suggesting taking one step at a time. The BC in itself is stressful and also a new journey to healthy hair. Do your research on color - some people are successful with it while others aren't. You would really have to take care of color treated natural hair. If not, your efforts would go to waste.

Research is your best friend - also the Ladies on this forum can lend a lot advice and help you through your journey.

Good Luck and welcome.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 13th December 2010, 2:33 pm

Hi Tgrant..I know this must be a scary time for you..Like Blonde says, its what you are comfortable with that matters most. Taking baby steps will allow you to enjoy the experience of naturality while avoiding the hang-ups that society puts on you..But your mind frame must be that "I will be ok, no matter what". Take time, visits sites that encourage, and give great tips and advice such as this one..and then Enjoy the journey...Welcome and Blessings flower
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by tgrant4 13th December 2010, 4:35 pm

thanks blonde and jeanlouis..... feeling better already. i think that i will take it in baby steps. Probably will cut while on friday and give myself my whole winter break to embrace that change and go from there. again thanks a lot

tgrant4

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 13th December 2010, 4:45 pm

Hello

I was the same way not knowing how i would feel about my hair after i BC. so there are people that have been in the same boat. My suggestion to you is to just take one thing at a time. I think that you might want to let your hair get a little longer and cut little by little if you are not truely ready. maybe get braids, kinky twist or maybe a weave if you want to give you some more time to think about it. you have to be the ultimate person that has to like it. Once you are truely satisfied know one will be able to tell you nothing. hope this helps a little. have you tried any natural styles protective ones? these will also help perserve your hair between the in between stages
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by tgrant4 14th December 2010, 1:12 am

thank you so much. i have tried micro braids and box braids and it has grown out pretty well but there is alot of permed hair on the tips. its really bothering me. so im gonna cut and probably get some simple box braids at the beginning of the year. thank you thank you so much priceless.

tgrant4

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 14th December 2010, 12:51 pm

Having anxiety is totally normal! Ask any one of us and we can tell you it was very personal decision and most of us, including me, agonized on whether to go for it or wait it out. You will definitely know when the time is right. It's no rush and no pressure. If you are able to maintain your transition go as little or as long as you like. Protective styling my ease your anxiety until you are ready. Check out the transitioners thread for a little encouragement. You will definitely know when it time to go for it!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th December 2010, 3:56 pm

You have gotten some great advice!! Take you time, but when you do your BC you are going to wonder what took you so long to do it. Very Happy

Keep use posted!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by tgrant4 16th December 2010, 6:53 pm

thanks for all the support everyone... i did it today and it feels great

tgrant4

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 18th December 2010, 6:31 pm

pics pics pics please see you worried a little and it turned out great
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th December 2010, 6:40 pm

priceless wrote:pics pics pics please see you worried a little and it turned out great

Yes! Where are the pics?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down