CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changes in hair color [not from being in the sun]

3 posters

Go down

Changes in hair color [not from being in the sun] Empty Changes in hair color [not from being in the sun]

Post by C. 12th December 2010, 8:03 pm

My hair seems to look different colors depending on what I do to it. When I wash my hair it looks brown, not just dark brown like a lot of AA's hair tends to look when light hits it, but a visibly lighter chocolate brown. When I dry it and add product, it looks darker, almost black. But, awhile [like 3 wks] ago when I flat ironed a back section to do a length check [and see how straight my hair could get on the lowest setting] my hair looked like a very light chocolate brown with some random blondish strands<< I have no idea where that came from. Suspect

Also around that time, while twisting/detangling/playing in my hair I found this patch of hair behind my right ear that's about 2 shades lighter than the rest of my hair with more blondish strands [not a lot but 3-4] and it's visible when I wear my hair coily and in twists. It looks as if I dyed it. I'm not sure how it got there, but to be perfectly honest, it's the color I want all my hair to be; but I'm too scared to dye it.

Would it be weird if I wished really hard that whatever happened to that section happens to the rest of my hair Very Happy
Has anyone noticed that their natural hair color seems to change?

C.

Back to top Go down

Changes in hair color [not from being in the sun] Empty Re: Changes in hair color [not from being in the sun]

Post by naturalesque 12th December 2010, 8:19 pm

Do you use any products containing honey? Honey has peroxide properties, especially when paired with certain oils, like EVOO.

Last edited by naturalesque on 12th December 2010, 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
naturalesque
naturalesque

Back to top Go down

Changes in hair color [not from being in the sun] Empty Re: Changes in hair color [not from being in the sun]

Post by misskris 12th December 2010, 8:23 pm

Naturalesque...I did not know that!!!! Hmmm. That's interesting info. Very Happy
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 12th December 2010, 9:23 pm

nope, not that i know of. I only use VO5 Strawberries n Milk Shampoo [diluted], Aussie Moist conditioner, Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In, Shea Butter w/ Coconut oil, sometimes olive oil

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down