CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

clean hair before henna & benefits

+2
Madeaj
GOTHAIR
6 posters

Go down

clean hair before henna & benefits Empty clean hair before henna & benefits

Post by GOTHAIR 9th December 2010, 1:11 am

Do you have to wash hair before you do a henna treatment to get the best benefits and also how is henna working for you overall

GOTHAIR

Back to top Go down

clean hair before henna & benefits Empty Re: clean hair before henna & benefits

Post by Madeaj 9th December 2010, 1:58 am

You want to make sure there is no product build up on your hair. The henna is going to bond with the hair to strengthen it. If there is product on the hair, it might act like a barrier and the henna will be wasted. Its best to do on clean clarified hair.

I have done two henna treatments so far and I saw a difference after the first one. My scalp feels wonderful and clean. I have mild ezcema on my scalp and its was getting better just being natural, but I still had flakes, dry spots and tenderness. No flakes at all after the henna, the dry spots are much better and very little tenderness at all.
I noticed less hair shedding, not so much breakage and my hair feels stronger. I have fine 4a/b....z hair. Its fluffy and looks like a lot until you touch it and find it is fly away hair. A puff of wind blows it around. The henna made it stronger and its not so fly away now.

Henna is a long process, but I am going to do another one this weekend.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by AmberBrown 12th December 2010, 4:26 am

I only do henna glosses...never pure henna. And I always do it on old/dirty hair. I hate to strip my hair of its moisture before applying something like a protein treatment. I shampoo after my dc (which I do after rinsing the henna). My hair definitely gets all the strengthening and coloring benefits of the henna.
AmberBrown
AmberBrown

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 12th December 2010, 6:02 am

I wash my hair before a henna treatment because I want all of the benefits to reach each strand. The first time I tried it it was drying but after I figured out my henna mix and how my hair needs to be moisturized afterwards, I have had no problems with my henna.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by AmberBrown 12th December 2010, 3:23 pm

Forgot to add: Adding the henna to an old style makes for easier application. Since the hair's already stretched and detangled you can coat each strand thoroughly. I got the idea from MoptopMaven. You should check out her blog and application process Smile
AmberBrown
AmberBrown

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 12th December 2010, 3:50 pm

I washed my hair, let it dry naturally with just a little light condition in twists or braids. I applied the henna to dry or semi dry stretched hair. I found it applied easier and rinsed out easier. It really took less time to rinse.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by terrymole 13th December 2010, 10:16 am

The first time I tried, it was drying, but when I saw the henna mix, and how the hair is moisturized afterwards, I had no problems with my henna. I brush my hair before henna treatment, because I want all the benefits provided in each section.

terrymole

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 13th December 2010, 2:14 pm

I always wash my hair before a henna treatment. I use a lot of oils on my hair daily and want to make sure my grays are thoroughly covered and I receive all the benefits of henna. sunny

When I rinse out my henna treatment, put my shower head in the massage mode, kneel or sit in the shower, and allow the force of the water to rinse out the henna. It is quick and easy. I then massage in conditioner, shampoo, and rinse with conditioner again. Then I do my deep condition with my favorite conditioners mixed with oils.
flower
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down