CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats diff between conditioner & hair lotion?

+3
blkbeauty2010
naomimaxine927
mokacoffey
7 posters

Go down

Whats diff between conditioner & hair lotion? Empty Whats diff between conditioner & hair lotion?

Post by mokacoffey 7th December 2010, 2:10 am

So.. I understand sealing w/ an oil after moisturizing w/ water or a leave in, but where does hair lotion come in? I have a couple from Bee Mine & Komaza Care, but am confused as to when to use them or their actual purpose. Normally as a leave in I use Giovanni or KCKT but how am I supposed to use the lotions? Help, please!

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Whats diff between conditioner & hair lotion? Empty Re: Whats diff between conditioner & hair lotion?

Post by naomimaxine927 7th December 2010, 2:36 am

I think hair lotions are heavier, and can be used for styling. Not sure what other differences there are.

Bump.
naomimaxine927
naomimaxine927

http://beautifulkinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Whats diff between conditioner & hair lotion? Empty Re: Whats diff between conditioner & hair lotion?

Post by blkbeauty2010 7th December 2010, 2:46 am

you can start by looking at the ingredients, i think most lotions contain more cones and mineral oils that will sit on top of the hair causing the shine thats associated with hair lotions. some conditioners contain these products as well but the intention of condish is to penetrate the hair causing moisture in the hair shaft. compare drying ingredients like alcohols the base ingredient (water, cream or protein) and the amount of oils and natural ingredients
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 7th December 2010, 3:53 am

since i have been natural i not used hair lotions. I use to love it when i was relaxed but even then my hair dresser (who i missed so much. she took great care of my hair) she said hair lotion wasn't really good for ur hair...it just weigh it down.
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 7th December 2010, 9:51 am

That's a good question, Moka!! One I'd like to know the answer to myself. But what j.Kinky said makes sense about weighing the hair down. If I were to use a hair lotion, I wouldn't use anything else with it because they do already have so much stuff in it. I don't use them anyway and need to stop using them on my kids because of the mineral oils in them. And I guess the purpose of them is to give moisture and shine like Blkbeauty said. But again, they are heavy. Maybe I'll google it. Smile
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 7th December 2010, 12:14 pm

Hmm. Well ladies the lotions I do have do not contain any mineral oil or petroleum as they are from Komaza Care & Bee Mine. I got the new Hair Dew from Oyin too. It says a light hair lotion. No creepy ingredients there. I think I may see where some could be adding weight to my hair. Lord, knows I need it most days! Does anyone use these brands of hair lotions? If, so how? I really like the Komaza Coconut lotion. I have the sample size & keep in my purse as a refresher thru the day. I guess they can help w/ styling cause give the hair a shot of moisture too.

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 7th December 2010, 12:52 pm

Hair lotion are pretty much moisturizer and should be used as such if you had hair lotion that was water based you could wet your hair a bit add the lotion that seal with a moisturizer , or you could use the hair lotion while styling your hair like a setting lotion i don't use hair lotion anymore since i use water and whip shea but when i did in the beginning that was my routine
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 7th December 2010, 1:07 pm

I agree with creolebeauty, a lotion is just a moisturizer. It's thinner than a cream and can be used as a leave-in as well. I like Komaza's shea butter lotion.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down