CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IntelligentBeauty;-)

+50
missmoriah
deeply_rooted_chick
FemmeFox
NubieNatty
tiffyd
p_nuttie43
SisterBoyd
TheRYL1
StephanieB
newcurlieque
Mz. Thang
curlyboricua
SimplyShainee
neethair
blondie
KeishaMac
TerraD
Pinkrage
bholmes87
mrsmackey
CocaColaCutie
A85
MahoganyCurls
KinkyNappyHappy
Kurlikinkiklassic
adiaha
MsJay1121
Miss CurlyT
BlondeByDesire
Courtney
Serenity23
SheeTacular
krenea
traveljunkie08
Juices-n-Berries
curlmixtress
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteé
dajewel
Freestyles
curly+kinky+fierce
Lynnieluve
Kea::curls
HumanNature
Blackbeauty
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
Winnielours
Corygentri
Intelligentbeauty
54 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 4 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-)

Post by Intelligentbeauty 16th December 2009, 9:20 am

GOOD MORNING LADIES,

I AM EXCITED AND ANXIOUS ALL AT THE SAME TIME. CN had a natural glamour that I am really excited about Mrssmif IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 4 Icon_cheers . I think we are the same hair type, epecially when I saw her fotki with her hair wet without product. I thought WOW, THAT IS MY HAIR. So now I have hope that my hair could possibly be that beautiful. Also I like the fact that she uses homemade recipes. So needless to say, I will be stalking her fortki....lol. She transitioned for over 1 yr. Humm, so now I am thinking. But I will stick with my date and wait to see what my hair will look like in 3 months.

Anyway, nothing new with my hair today. Same as yesterday. MESSY PONYTAIL. So no pics today. I will have to do something with it tonight though because it really is a mess and I do not want detangling issues later. DARN my husband and that kungfu fighting....lol IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 4 Lol
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 16th December 2009, 9:26 am

loving ur new avator!!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 16th December 2009, 2:52 pm

Thanks Dajewel. And girl, if you don't mind I am going to keep you in my front pocket. If I do decide to ever start a product line I am coming for you as my chemist. Do not sleep on me!! I do have an entrepreneurial spirit and a resume to prove it.....lol IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 16th December 2009, 4:25 pm

@Intelligentbeauty: Your styles are gorgeous!!!!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 16th December 2009, 4:30 pm

Oh you are kind. Thank you, Tiashauntee IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th December 2009, 5:16 am

Good morning,

Same story different day as far as hair is concerned. But decided to wear a curly ponytail piece. No pics on that.

Anyway, I have been gathering natural hair recipes and getting very excited over that. For spa Friday, I think I will pre poo for about 5-6 hours then cowash then depending on how my hair feels, oil rinse, then condish again and for a final rinse use ACV mix. Sounds like alot, well maybe. But I will see how the hair feels as I go thru it.

The question is what do I do with my hair until then......uggghh. Well, I will hold out with this ponytail piece, I guess.

IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 4 Icon_razz
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th December 2009, 2:49 pm

Today is officially my 9th month of transition. IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 4 Icon_cheers Yipppeeee!!! OMG, I can not believe I made it this far, with 3 more months to go that makes 1 yr then BC (hopefully). Thinking about wigging for 2 months to give my hair a much need break. If it was summer time I wouldn't consider wigs but it's cold here in Jersey....lol. So I turned to Freestyle for direction on how to buy, pick and wear a wig...lol.

I really like what Mahog-curls is doing for us transitioners that are thinking about BC, but just not sure. I can not wait to see all those beautiful women with their TWA, medium size fros and BAdorableFros....lol. I am going to show my husband so he sees how short I may be and the different textures.

Last edited by Intelligentbeauty on 18th December 2009, 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 18th December 2009, 1:10 am

Oh I just loved Dajewel's science piece on CN site today. So I was thinking about oil rinses but I think I will DC with EVCO AND EVOO on spa friday.

The last time I did oil with heat (in the earlier part of my transition), I, like dajewel, did not see any benefit that night of styling. So I dismissed it, not really paying attention the next few days. Back then I cowashed every 3 days because that was the only way I could prevent tangles in the hair.
This time around I think I am a little wiser and will look out for the benefits days later if I do not see it right away.... IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 4 Icon_wink
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 18th December 2009, 9:11 am

GOOD MORNING ON THIS FABULOUS FRIDAY,

Thank you Lord for life, perfect health, strength and family.

OOOOOOOh SPA FRIDAY, here I come.
First I must get through today. I have decided I will post a pic of me wearing my fake ponytail because I will want to remember how I looked in them when I am totally natural....lol. Also it wouldn't be fair not to post any pics for 2 days straight...noway!!!LOL

SO I WILL POST PICS LATER.

I have also decided that I will prepoo with Vataki oil for about 5 hours then cowash with warm water with TJ NOURISH SPA CONDISH then DC with EVOO AND coconut oil (equal parts) for about 20 minutes with heat (maybe still thinking about that) or maybe I will do an oil rinse with these oils. Then wash out with TJ TEA TREE CONDISH and style with my whipped shea mixture. I think I will try a cornrow braidout with rod rollers at the ends, if I can't do that, then I will go back to the good ole' flat twist with rod rollers at the ends. I do not have time for a roller set tonight. But the twists will stay in until saturday night (if hubby and I go out) or sunday for church.

SO MY QUESTION IS: SHOULD I DO A FINAL RINSE WITH ACV ALONG WITH ALL THAT I AM DOING TONIGHT?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 18th December 2009, 11:22 am

Personally, I wouldn't do an ACV rinse after all that. I also think (and this my humble opinion) that a deep condish and a oil rinse might be too much together. When I do the oil rinse it's enough by itself.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th December 2009, 12:14 pm

Since I cleanse only once a week (or so), I do a whole lot including DC. I do an ACV rinse after DCing and before styling.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th December 2009, 1:40 pm

We want to see the style you choose when you're done. Sorry, I dont have any advice on the ACV rinse.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 18th December 2009, 7:05 pm

@Tia and Chrs, I highly respect both of your opinions and advice. And love when you both stop by here....lol. I think you both have FABULOUS HAIR. But I think I want to keep things simple. So I will do the prepoo, cowash TJ TEA TREE CONDISH for my scalp, oil rinse with EVOO and coconut oil for hair, then rinse out with TJ NOURISH SPA CONDISH, finally the braid or twist with whipped shea mixture and rod ends.
I think I will save the ACV for when I am completely natural because the last time I used the ACV, it was with bentonite clay. My hair felt very defined and curly and that was a real struggle because of the relaxed ends. So that is my plan.

@Lynn, girl you are funny. Yes I will show pics of my hair today as well as my process and result. Love when you stop by too....lol

HERE ARE MY PICS WITH THE FAKE PONYTAIL:

IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 4 Keisha63IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 4 Keisha64
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 18th December 2009, 7:31 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote: I will do the prepoo, cowash TJ TEA TREE CONDISH for my scalp, oil rinse with EVOO and coconut oil for hair, then rinse out with TJ NOURISH SPA CONDISH, finally the braid or twist with whipped shea mixture and rod ends.

That sounds like a plan. You make me want to go do all that right now, LOL.
I'm glad we could be of help......and I wish I had that pony, it would save me a lot of time, LOL
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 18th December 2009, 7:36 pm

LOL GIRL...IT DOES SAVE ALOT OF TIME!!!

BTW, DID CN PICK THIS WEEK'S WINNER YET?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th December 2009, 7:39 pm

She usually does it at 5pm
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 18th December 2009, 7:40 pm

OH OK...THANKS LYNN
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th December 2009, 7:53 pm

Awww, thanks for the love!

Have you tried a braid out before?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 18th December 2009, 8:03 pm

ONCE BEFORE, BUT THIS TIME I WANT TO DO A CORNROW BRAID OUT. LESS TIME, YOU KNOW. I HAVE NEVER DONE IT BEFORE THOUGH. SO WE WILL SEE HOW IT TURNS OUT. IF MY DEXTERTY FAILS ME, I WILL REGRESS BACK TO MY FLAT TWIST OUT....LOL
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 19th December 2009, 5:35 am

Hey come magnify the Lord with me and let us exalt HIS name together!!!!

LAST NIGHT WAS SPA NIGHT:

For my facial I used, amla, multani, and orange powder with rosewater. Mixed, applied, and left on for 20 minutes. Rinsed with warm water. Fabulous!!! I did not even have to DC my face with the aloe and honey but I did then rinsed with cold water throughly. FaBulous!!! Then blotted some jANE cARTER nOURISH AND SHINE because it is thick and it is cold outside and I was headed out. FABULOUS!!!!

for my hair, I am feeling good about this little hair plan I did but I had a couple of problems. I will first run down what I did
Prepoo with Vataki oil for 9 hours
Rinsed with warm water---hair felt soft
Cowash the scalp with TJ tea tree condish----massaged that scalp
Added EVOO and coconut oil (equal parts for oil rinse) to hair and worked it in the hair only----slippery but really couldnt detangle very well
Rinsed just a little with warm water
Rinsed throughly with TJ Nourish SPa condish and cool water----still couldn't detangle properly
Blot dried with t-shirt
Sprayed Lottabody and water mix on the relaxed ends
Applied whipped butter mix to each row of flat twist---hair felt so good and is shiney
(I did not have the dexterity for the cornrow braid out IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 4 Icon_cry )
Rods on ends
Added Jane Carter's Nouorish and Shine to scalp

My 2 problems were:
1) Detangling my hair was the worst, no the absolute worse!!!!
As I was double strand twisting my hair in the cornrows, the relaxed hair kept knotting up. I even had to cut a few knots of relaxed ends. I had a hard time keeping the hair out of the current twists that I would be working on. It took way too long. By the time, I got to the other side of my head, it was dry. Once I applied more shea mix, it got easier. But can you explain that????

2) Oil was dripping all over me as I twisted and air dried. I had to get a paper towel for the relaxed ends and squeeze it. Is that suppose to happen????

So I am hoping my relaxed ends takes in the oils and can still give me definition. And that my hair won't be super greasey. But I am going to tell you this was the most trying flat twist set ever!!! I just kept looking at those scissors because I had a feeling if I didn't have those relaxed ends my outcome may have been different. Anyway, it is done. I will not take out until maybe sunday am (depending on weather).

I was also considering doing something about my water? I heard if you put charcoal in your showerhead it will filter the minerals out the water. Does anyone do that? Is there really a difference?

I am seriously considering wigging it for the next month or 2 because of the difficulty I am having now between the 2 textures. It's like everything good I am doing for my hair is working for the natural hair and the relaxed hair is just in the way!!!! IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 4 Icon_mad

I WILL POST PICS LATER TODAY!!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 19th December 2009, 10:52 am

Sorry you are having a hard time with those rebellious relaxed ends. When I was transitioning, my plan was to only transition 4-6 months...leaning more towards 4 month. Because my hair was already weak, my ends started acting up really bad around month 3. If you are not ready to BC, you probably should wig it up for a little while. If my opinion is worth anything, I say BC!!!!!!!!!! IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 4 617583 Of course the decision is yours. IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 4 Lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 19th December 2009, 2:44 pm

i can only imagine the frustration you're having...9 months is quite an accomplishment, because i definitely couldn't last that long! BUT I think you're doing a wonderful job & learning a lot, so my hat's off to you!

p.s. the timing of my BC was completely driven by the frustration i felt after a failed attempt over what i now know to be "the 2 strand twist" coincidence maybe?

lol. i'm just saying! i'm sure that you will be able to make the decision that is best for you Smile

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 19th December 2009, 5:37 pm

HERE ARE MY PICS FROM YESTERDAYS HAIR COWASH:

HERE IS WHAT I USED FOR MY FACIAL:
IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 4 Keisha65

HAIR AFTER 9 HOURS OF PREPOO WITH VATAKI OIL:
IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 4 Keisha66

PRODUCTS USED FOR COWASH:
IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 4 Keisha67

HAIR AFTER OIL RINSE AND COWASH:
IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 4 Keisha69

HAIR IN DOUBLE STRAND FLAT TWISTS AND STILL THIS WAY TODAY:

IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 4 Keisha70IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 4 Keisha71IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 4 Keisha72

HAIR IS SOME SHED HAIR AND KNOTS I HAD TO CUT OUT (MOSTLY RELAXED HAIR):IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 4 Keisha74
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 19th December 2009, 5:39 pm

Kea::curls wrote:i can only imagine the frustration you're having...9 months is quite an accomplishment, because i definitely couldn't last that long! BUT I think you're doing a wonderful job & learning a lot, so my hat's off to you!

p.s. the timing of my BC was completely driven by the frustration i felt after a failed attempt over what i now know to be "the 2 strand twist" coincidence maybe?

lol. i'm just saying! i'm sure that you will be able to make the decision that is best for you Smile

THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENT. HOW LONG DID YOU TRANSITION FOR?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 19th December 2009, 5:41 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Sorry you are having a hard time with those rebellious relaxed ends. When I was transitioning, my plan was to only transition 4-6 months...leaning more towards 4 month. Because my hair was already weak, my ends started acting up really bad around month 3. If you are not ready to BC, you probably should wig it up for a little while. If my opinion is worth anything, I say BC!!!!!!!!!! IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 4 617583 Of course the decision is yours. IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 4 Lol

FUNNY LYNN IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 4 Lol , BUT I WILL TRY TO HANG ON FOR AT LEAST THE 3 MONTHS WITH A FAKE PONYTAIL OR WIG IT.

BTW, HOW DID YOU GET YOUR SHEA BUTTER CHALLENGE SIGNATURE TO LOOK SO NICE.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum