CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Qhemet Biologics new product - Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee

+6
BreezyBaby
Lynnieluve
Lita
LaToya28
EMarie
one.tru.luv
10 posters

Go down

Qhemet Biologics new product - Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee Empty Qhemet Biologics new product - Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee

Post by one.tru.luv 5th December 2010, 3:45 am

I just got my new order of the DC - Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee Smile

I have great news and not so great news. So here we go.

Not So Great News -

1. Upon opening the jar, the product is extremely thin and it will drip if you're not careful. Product definitely belongs in a pump/squeeze bottle. Think I have an old ori organics bottle that I can use.

2. Its surprisingly oily. Well I shouldn't be surprised since coconut oil is the second ingredient. But I'm concerned if I get it on my clothes that I'll have oil spots. Considering updo's for the moment until I'm sure it won't be a problem.

Great News -

1, 2 and 3. My hair is dumb soft! I have never used a product that has made my hair this soft and I'm a product junkie/whore! LOL I've used a lot of stuff but nothing compares to this!!

I can't give it a fair review on the detangling properties because my WnG went way too long without detangling. So the jury is still out.

Last edited by one.tru.luv on 6th December 2010, 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
one.tru.luv
one.tru.luv

http://members.fotki.com/da1trulve/about/

Back to top Go down

Qhemet Biologics new product - Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee Empty Re: Qhemet Biologics new product - Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee

Post by EMarie 5th December 2010, 11:30 am

I have to agree with 1 and 2 and as for detangling....I am not impressed at all. I actually had to add Aussie to it in order to comb my hair out. Under normal circumstances I dont usually have a detangling problem!

Ahh well you live and you learn....maybe the other ghee they make would have worked better for me!
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Qhemet Biologics new product - Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee Empty Re: Qhemet Biologics new product - Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee

Post by LaToya28 5th December 2010, 5:42 pm

Thanks for the review! I was wondering how this would compare to the Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee. The CTDG is creamy and melted the tangles right of my hair so it may work better for you as well EMarie.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lita 6th December 2010, 12:07 am

Cocoa Tree De tangling Ghee...Works Wonders at removing & melting my tangles AWAY!

It A STAPLE of mine...

Thanks for the review...I was going to buy...(More reviews)

Happy Hair Growing!
Lita
Lita

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 6th December 2010, 12:21 am

I purchased it but I havent used it yet. I will report back later.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by one.tru.luv 6th December 2010, 12:30 am

I do have the Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee and its awesome! I just figured a Qhemet DC would be even better and even hoped it would've had the same consistency as the Cocoa Tree. And you're right, you live and you learn. I do love the Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee's conditioning properties but as far as detangling and a daily leave-in, I'll stick with the cocoa tree.

one.tru.luv
one.tru.luv

Back to top Go down

Post by BreezyBaby 11th December 2010, 7:12 pm

I've read that putting the jar in the fridge helps to firm the ghee up.
Would you say it's better than using just straight coconut oil in your hair?
BreezyBaby
BreezyBaby

Back to top Go down

Post by one.tru.luv 12th December 2010, 12:05 am

BreezyBaby wrote:I've read that putting the jar in the fridge helps to firm the ghee up.
Would you say it's better than using just straight coconut oil in your hair?

It's one of the best conditioners. I'd say even to rival KBB's hair mask as far as conditioning. But as a leave-in, it's far too heavy for my hair type (fine 3c-4a). Organic coconut oil itself is so light I can apply it and it won't weigh down my hair.

And thanks for the fridge tip. I'll definitely try that.
one.tru.luv
one.tru.luv

Back to top Go down

Post by one.tru.luv 23rd December 2010, 1:59 pm

The jury is in!

I absolutely love the moringa tree conditioning ghee! I prefer it over KBB's luscious locks mask. This is how I grew to love it.

I deep condition for at least an hour then I cleanse with black soap. At that point I condition with a random product then rinse with cool/cold water and my hair is absolutely amazing. I use the cocoa tree detangling ghee to detangle and I'm free to style however I wish. My hair is outrageously soft for the rest of the week.

I now even like how its packaged because I can scrape the jar for every ounce of product. Can't do that with a squeeze bottle! Smile I'm actually glad that I bought 4. Now I'm down to 3...Will be ordering a few more of both ghees when they re-open.

I'm really thinking now that Qhemet is my one-stop shop!

Oh, before I forget. It still gets a thumbs down for detangling but that's why I have the cocoa tree. Smile
one.tru.luv
one.tru.luv

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 23rd December 2010, 11:07 pm

Cool, I can't wait until they reopen.

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 28th December 2010, 12:11 am

I got some of this on the swap forum...can't wait to use it! According to their site it will undergo a packaging change, probably due to all the complaints they've gotten.

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 28th December 2010, 9:46 am

LaToya28 wrote:I got some of this on the swap forum...can't wait to use it! According to their site it will undergo a packaging change, probably due to all the complaints they've gotten.

It may be put into a pump bottle. Some people were saying the consistency was too thin to be in a jar and experienced spillage when they opened the container. I can't wait to order this when they re-open.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by WilliT0206 5th January 2011, 12:53 pm

This is a really good product for deep conditioning.....I love the results of my hair so much I am willing to withstand the smell because its not the best smelling product and it lingers a little after it is rinsed but the results are awesome......I LOVE THIS STUFF.
WilliT0206
WilliT0206

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 5th January 2011, 1:25 pm

I used it on super dry hair to detangle and retwist. I love the results I got. My hair was instantly soft when I applied it. I don't care for the smell and it really needs to be in a different container. I spilled some of mine.

If I had to compare it to the cocoa ghee, I'd say they work equally well!! My preference: the cocoa ghee - why? I just like thick products. Oh the chocolate smell too.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 5th January 2011, 2:36 pm

okay...so my question is...... are you ladies using this on wet or dry hair?

I tried this product on wet hair and I didn't like it at ALL. But on dry hair!!! Can I say hair heaven!!!

It is so thin, but I put it in an applicator bottle I got from Sally's. So please share how you used this as a DC...just curious because I didn't get soft hair using this product on wet hair.

TIA
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by WilliT0206 5th January 2011, 5:01 pm

@ Kinky Happy Nappy......I used this on damp shampooed hair...and also because of the thin consistency I applied to my hair in sections almost like shingling and then I covered with a plastic cap and left on for 20 to 30 minutes, then rinsed well.

HTH
WilliT0206
WilliT0206

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 6th January 2011, 4:14 pm

WilliT0206 wrote:@ Kinky Happy Nappy......I used this on damp shampooed hair...and also because of the thin consistency I applied to my hair in sections almost like shingling and then I covered with a plastic cap and left on for 20 to 30 minutes, then rinsed well.

HTH

okay...I don't think my hair was damp. I'll try it that way next!!! Thanks for weighing in!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Talisa3636 12th January 2011, 3:01 pm

I love how it give me soft fluffy, detangled hair! It packs alot of punch for its thin consistency. The moringa tree that I recieved in the mail came in a long pump bottle. I guess people email her about how it spills out of the jar really helped (I love her customer service! Very Happy). I also restocked on my QB Heavy cream. Im a forever customer even though they last me for a long time. That part is great because I get my money's worth!
Talisa3636
Talisa3636

Back to top Go down

Post by one.tru.luv 14th January 2011, 2:31 pm

after sitting in my cabinet for about a month, the product thickened up almost to the consistency of the CTDG. and since the packaging has changed, i will miss scraping out every ounce of gold from the jar. but i know the pump will be easier to deal with over time.

can't wait til i'm out of this pj challenge. i have to hit up qhemet in the worst way! LOL
one.tru.luv
one.tru.luv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down