CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THINNING EDGES

+6
ladygogohot
teenatty
Tnt38
creolebeauty1
EMarie
LuvJonez
10 posters

Go down

THINNING EDGES Empty THINNING EDGES

Post by LuvJonez 2nd December 2010, 10:37 pm

Does anyone have a problem with thinning edges (your hair front)? What products do you use? & are they helping significantly? I know there's a serious issue when it's shiny, thankfully that's not the case. Just need some products, homemade or store bought...doesn't matter. Thanx ladies Very Happy

P.S. Does anyone know if wearing lace fronts w/o glue or tape thins your edges, from friction I guess? Idk, just asking

LuvJonez

Back to top Go down

THINNING EDGES Empty Re: THINNING EDGES

Post by EMarie 2nd December 2010, 10:56 pm

Felicia Leatherwood (does Jill Scott's hair among others) says Organic Root Stimulator's Temple Balm will grow your edges back if you use it faithfully as directed which I believe is twice a day. Provided this isnt a hereditary condition!

Cant hurt to try!
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvJonez 2nd December 2010, 11:02 pm

I have it and the serum but of course my hair a.d.d causes me to lose focus if results aren't quick lol. So I havent been using it everyday much less twice a day. I guess I need to step my game up lol. Thanx

LuvJonez

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 2nd December 2010, 11:06 pm

Girl I cant even take a vitamin everyday so I know EXACTLY what you mean!!
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 2nd December 2010, 11:18 pm

Okay when i first started transitioning i had the genius idea to buy full lace wigs and lace front well let me tell you i stopped after try 4 or 5 because the tape and glue does pull on edges is pretty much like using those awful glued in track they pull hair , my edges are very full so i didn't lose much for a stranger to notice and once i stopped wearing those wigs they grew back Thank GOD
As far as the edges i follow this young lady on youtube her edges were almost none existent and she massage it daily with EMU oil and castor oil and they growing back i also heard of megatek chemotherapy patient use it to grow their hair back so im sure it will work on your edges Smile
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnt38 2nd December 2010, 11:24 pm

I have been using castor oil everyday since October 13, 2010 and I can say that my edges have really thickened. I am loving castor oil!!! Very Happy I will continue to use this throughout my hair journey def a staple!!!
Tnt38
Tnt38

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvJonez 3rd December 2010, 12:02 pm

You know what, I did read that emu oil worked but havent gotten around to buying off the net. Trying to find the most for the cheapest price is definitely my thing. But I do have JBCO & megatek on my dresser, I guess I'll go back to using them.

As for the lace fronts, I don't use glue or tape. Just kinda "cotch" it on my head & use hair pins where I need to.

LuvJonez

Back to top Go down

Post by teenatty 3rd December 2010, 12:15 pm

I HAVE VERY THIN EDGES. I WILL TRY SOME OF THESE OPTIONS AND REPOST THE RESULTS. ORGANIC STIMULATORS, TEMPLE BALM, AND CASTRO OIL. Very Happy
teenatty
teenatty

Back to top Go down

Post by ladygogohot 3rd December 2010, 12:33 pm

When i went natural almost three years now, my edges was absolutely horrendous ( NONE) getting a weave that was way to tight, pulled all my hair out in the front. My hair was growing in the middle and the back, but the front was terrible.

So for almost 2 1/2 years i did not wear my out, i faithfully put Castor oil and Peppermint oil almost everyday on my edges... i wore wigs but wore a satin bonnet under so the friction would not rub against my edges and slowly but surely my edges are filling in. It takes time and patience and you have to be very careful but it will work.

I am actually @ work rocking an Afro puff and my edges are fine.. Not perfect but much better than before. But i am going to try Emu oil and see how that works.

HTH

ladygogohot
ladygogohot

Back to top Go down

Post by rimmie 19th December 2010, 5:04 pm

with prayer saying " FATHER GOD IN THE NAME OF JESUS YOU SAID TO SPEAK THOSE THINGS AS THOUGH THEY WERE SO IM COMING TO SAY THANK YOU LORD FOR RESTORING MY HAIR BACK IN THE NAME OF JESUS AMEN"., shampoo once a week with doo gro moisturizing gro shampoo massaging for 5 minutes or co wash with mega tek let mega tek sit for 30 minutes then wash remember once a week,daily use doogro anti thinning growth lotion around the whole head except for edges and back of head massage temples and back of head with triple grow anti thinning herbal gro this really works i have been dealing with the same thing i notice growth as little as 2 weeks if that

rimmie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 19th December 2010, 5:19 pm

Wow, glad to hear everyone having such good results with castor oil! I'm extra excited about our challenge now!!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 19th December 2010, 5:27 pm

My temple area is thin too. I've tried the ORS balm and serum. I've also tried some profectiv temple grow stuff. I think what has started working for me is the JBCO. My temple area is still thin, but I can see a difference and I'm not AS selfconscious about wearing my hair pulled back or up. It's growing in slowly but surely.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 19th December 2010, 7:16 pm

Castor oil thickened my hairline in no time!!! I use it once a week as a hot oil treatment
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down