CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner

+5
patmichele
Renny
LaNatural
mahoganytresses
JessiWantsCurls
9 posters

Go down

Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner Empty Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner

Post by JessiWantsCurls 2nd December 2010, 10:25 am

Hi ladies. I'm about 4 months in, but I spent almost 2 months in braids, so I'm just getting into the product craze. Although, I've bought some new goodies, I'd really like to make use of some of the products already in my cabinet before I start buying all this new stuff.

With that being said, when I first realized I was really going to do this, I bought some Carol's Daughter products, one being the Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner. When used by itself, my hair feels kind of crunchy. Who wants crunchy hair? I think I'm in the type 4b/c range. Have any type 4's had any positive results with this product? I'm even willing to mix it with something else. CD products aren't cheap so I really don't want it to go to waste. Any ideas?

If it matters, I also have the Black Vanilla Shampoo and the CD Hair Smoothie.

Thanks!
JessiWantsCurls
JessiWantsCurls

Back to top Go down

Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner Empty Re: Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner

Post by mahoganytresses 2nd December 2010, 12:07 pm

I personally had no luck with any of the CD products that you have. My hair also felt dry and crunchy with the black vanilla leave-in. I ended up giving the products to my cousin for her little girl, but she didn't like the products either Sad For me CD products were just a waste of money! Right now I'm using Darcy's Botanicals and so far so good.
mahoganytresses
mahoganytresses

Back to top Go down

Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner Empty Re: Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner

Post by LaNatural 4th December 2010, 12:07 pm

I have to agree with Mahoganytresses. When I first BC, I went out and got CD Black Vanilla shampoo and leave in conditioner. The shampoo is okay although I am looking for a replacement. But the leave in also made my hair crunchy and dry. Funny cuz it says it is for hydration. I have 4a hair. I recently got oyin honey hemp and also Giovanni Leave in. I know it is expensive for CD but its true what they say Trial and error and also lots of money.
LaNatural
LaNatural

http://naturallyme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 6th December 2010, 2:00 am

I picked up a sample of CD's black vanilla leave-in from Sephora. I sprayed it on my hair Saturday afternoon to refresh a twist out. I wasn't going out and I knew I was washing it on Sunday so if I didn't like it wouldn't be a big deal. I didn't like. I'm glad to see this thread. I assumed it was dry and crunchy because it needed to be washed, but now I know it was probably the CD. I'll try it again to finish the sample and see if it does the same.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by patmichele 6th December 2010, 8:13 pm

I haven't used the vanilla one but the tui was great!
patmichele
patmichele

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake415 7th December 2010, 3:16 pm

OMG Crying or Very sad

I too have purchased CD Black Vanilla Leave in Spray...

Hated it Mad Big dissappointment and a waste of money.

It smelled like medicated poison and did NOTHING to my hair, but left it sticky and dried it out like a prune!
Cupcake415
Cupcake415

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 7th December 2010, 5:55 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot to say it was STANK!
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by naomimaxine927 7th December 2010, 7:54 pm

Maybe you should shop around for a more reasonably priced brand, especially since it's not working for your hair. Trial and error sucks sometimes.
naomimaxine927
naomimaxine927

http://beautifulkinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JessiWantsCurls 7th December 2010, 8:26 pm

naomimaxine927 wrote:Maybe you should shop around for a more reasonably priced brand, especially since it's not working for your hair. Trial and error sucks sometimes.

Yeah, I've already started trying other stuff. I've tried to behave and use what I already have, but I couldn't resist the urge to start trying other products.

I put some honey and olive oil and some my Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner (that I already had) for a co-wash on Saturday ... loved it! My hair was so soft!

I did end up buying an Aphogee Leave-In that someone recommended, LottaBody w/ Olive Oil, IC Fantasia Heat Protectant Serum, ORS Coconut Oil (grease, not actual oil), Herbal Essence Hello Hydration shampoo and conditioner.

After all that, I've put myself on product probation. I have so much crap under my sink (and on top) that I'm going to buy one of those Sterlite containers from Wal-Mart to put under my vanity to house some of my new additions. Not to mention the combs, the headbands, the rollers ... Embarassed
JessiWantsCurls
JessiWantsCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by naomimaxine927 7th December 2010, 8:36 pm

lol! Trust me I know. It's like when you find something that works, you want to keep seeing what works and what doesn't. I love trying new products too. I had to put myself in rehab, because anything someone mentioned that gave them good results, I wanted to try lol. It gets hard, but that is what is so great, and sucky about trial and error.

To help give myself a break from buy and using too much products, I'm in yarn braids. I use very little product now, so it's giving my pockets and hair a rest, but it is on like popcorn when I take them out
Laughing
naomimaxine927
naomimaxine927

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 8th December 2010, 12:04 am

JessiWantsCurls wrote:
naomimaxine927 wrote:Maybe you should shop around for a more reasonably priced brand, especially since it's not working for your hair. Trial and error sucks sometimes.

Yeah, I've already started trying other stuff. I've tried to behave and use what I already have, but I couldn't resist the urge to start trying other products.

I put some honey and olive oil and some my Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner (that I already had) for a co-wash on Saturday ... loved it! My hair was so soft!

I did end up buying an Aphogee Leave-In that someone recommended, LottaBody w/ Olive Oil, IC Fantasia Heat Protectant Serum, ORS Coconut Oil (grease, not actual oil), Herbal Essence Hello Hydration shampoo and conditioner.

After all that, I've put myself on product probation. I have so much crap under my sink (and on top) that I'm going to buy one of those Sterlite containers from Wal-Mart to put under my vanity to house some of my new additions. Not to mention the combs, the headbands, the rollers ... Embarassed

Welcome to the "I Need Some Storage Containers" Club. Like you, I have containers for product, combs (wide tooth and rat tail) and brushes, and hair rollers (perm rods, flexi rods, magnetic rollers, etc.,). I'm ALMOST too embarassed to allow anyone in my bathroom.

Last edited by curlsunfurled on 8th December 2010, 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by naomimaxine927 8th December 2010, 12:06 am

Lol. I keep my products on a shelf in my room. I guess I'm different, I show off my products, people ask 'what do you have in your stash' lol. It doesn't bother me, I am what I am Razz lol
naomimaxine927
naomimaxine927

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 8th December 2010, 1:11 am

My mother came to visit and I moved some of my stuff from the counter to under the sink in the cabinents. I did not want her to find out that I'm a conditioner crack head!
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by AllNaturalBeauty 10th December 2010, 12:13 pm

Renny wrote:Oh yeah, I forgot to say it was STANK!

LOL, your statement is priceless.... I can't stop laughing!
AllNaturalBeauty
AllNaturalBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 10th December 2010, 1:58 pm

STANK, STANK, STANK! LOL.
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down