CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lessons and valuable info for us all

3 posters

Go down

Lessons and valuable info for us all Empty Lessons and valuable info for us all

Post by naturallynola 1st December 2010, 10:58 am

A lady used a keratin treatment and had very undesirable results, including losing alot of hair. She went to the salon who provided the treatment and the manufacturer, then she wrote about her situation on oprah.com and the following is a response by a hair stylist in NC:

Stick to the basics.! I am a hair dresser in Raleigh Nc and people loose themselves when companies hype up new products and treatments. You need protein! It should stop your breakage, after that come behind it with a deep conditioner and add no heat what so ever to your hair. No heat , no tension, brush from the ends up to the scalp. Try Nexxus emergencie, and do not rough your hair up when u put it in, follow their instructions. Then come back with their conditioner called Ensure, or a moisturizing. Sleep in a satin cap to keep your hair from drying if you have very dry hair and be patient for the next couple of weeks. Massage your scalp to stimulate the blood flow and you should see some improvement soon. A dermatologist is more than likely tell you to stop putting chemicals in your hair or you had an allergic reaction. I think it was some type of chemical they put in your hair and your hair did not agree. Good Luck

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Lessons and valuable info for us all Empty Re: Lessons and valuable info for us all

Post by misskris 1st December 2010, 11:33 am

that's a mess. I'd be mad as hell if that happened to me!!! I thought keratin was a natural treatment though!!?? well even if it is I guess she still could have been allergic. hope she doesn't get it done again!! that would be foolish and I hope her hair comes back in healthy!! that sucks! Sad
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Lessons and valuable info for us all Empty Re: Lessons and valuable info for us all

Post by LaToya28 1st December 2010, 11:55 am

Very good advice indeed! She's right, we get so caught up in the hype of all these products, but they can and do cause adverse reactions. I was just reading a discussion about that on lhcf.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down