CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bald spot

+2
LittleOne
Peggy
6 posters

Go down

bald spot Empty bald spot

Post by Peggy 29th November 2010, 2:10 pm

anyone experience this?

ok, not so much a bald spot, because there is hair there, but a small section in the back of my head refuses to grow. i have thickness and growth everywhere except there. i noticed it's the same section that was thinning last winter as well, i grew out during the summer, only to think again since it's gotten cold... or maybe i just didn't notice in the summer.

Peggy
Peggy

http://www.cmxiv.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

bald spot Empty Re: bald spot

Post by LittleOne 30th November 2010, 7:27 pm

I have a spot in the back that grows in really thin. I think it's not growing at all until I straighten my hair and see how long it is.

Scalp massages might help....
http://www.hairliberty.org/black-hair-care/articles/hair-care-secrets/oil-treatments.html.

I'm content to let my "special" area, do what it do (even though it's really annoying)!
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by happy2bcurly 30th November 2010, 9:28 pm

I have the same problem but mine is in the top of my head. my hair is very thin there which makes it hard to wear certain styles. That's why I always end up with a puff.
happy2bcurly
happy2bcurly

Back to top Go down

Post by rimmie 19th December 2010, 5:10 pm

with prayer saying " FATHER GOD IN THE NAME OF JESUS YOU SAID TO SPEAK THOSE THINGS AS THOUGH THEY WERE SO IM COMING TO SAY THANK YOU LORD FOR RESTORING MY HAIR BACK IN THE NAME OF JESUS AMEN"., shampoo once a week with doo gro moisturizing gro shampoo massaging for 5 minutes or co wash with mega tek let mega tek sit for 30 minutes then wash remember once a week,daily use doogro anti thinning growth lotion around the whole head except for edges and back of head massage temples and back of head with triple grow anti thinning herbal gro this really works i have been dealing with the same thing i notice growth as little as 2 weeks if that

rimmie

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 19th December 2010, 5:20 pm

i noticed it's the same section that was thinning last winter as well, i grew out during the summer, only to think again since it's gotten cold...

Are you wearing the same head covering you wre wearing last year? If so, check the area that is near the spot on your head to see if there is a seam or something that is resting on that place & causing friction.

Since it is reoccuring problem you may want to visit a doctor to find a way to contain it.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by catcurls 19th December 2010, 6:56 pm

Peggy wrote:anyone experience this?

ok, not so much a bald spot, because there is hair there, but a small section in the back of my head refuses to grow. i have thickness and growth everywhere except there. i noticed it's the same section that was thinning last winter as well, i grew out during the summer, only to think again since it's gotten cold... or maybe i just didn't notice in the summer.

I've been battling a similar problem and I found that an avocado, cucumber, sour cream mix stopped the dryness causing the breakage in that area which made it seem as if it wasn't growing at all or extremely slower than my other hair areas. Here is the mix but got it from the recipe section on NaturallyCurly.com after it was mentioned here on CurlyNikki.

Puree peeled
1/2 Cucumber
1/2 Avocado
1/3 cup Sour cream

Can be applied directly or smooth on with cube of eggplant. This part sounded really weird to me but it really worked well. Also stops itchies and seems to moisturize right down to the hair follicle. This is now part of what I use as my holy grail of products. And leftovers can be frozen.
catcurls
catcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down