CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scalp Solutions

4 posters

Go down

Scalp Solutions Empty Scalp Solutions

Post by Pi*Jay 27th October 2009, 2:56 pm

I decided to take the natural journey about three months ago, and things have been going really well so far. I havent even considered going back to the lye. However, there is something that may become an obstacle in the future Georgia heat. I have an issue with dry, flacky, itchy scalp, and the itching really escalates in heat. With my hair growing and getting thicker and fuller, I can imagine that this problem may become increasingly unbearable. Any suggestions for some natural solutions?
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

Scalp Solutions Empty Re: Scalp Solutions

Post by krenea 27th October 2009, 3:19 pm

Have you already done the big chop? If so, it may just take awhile for you scalp to heal from your last relaxer. I've found that most naturals do not have as many or very few scalp problems. Try a coconut oil rinse or hot oil treatment using your hair's favorite oil. When the scalp has been cleaned very throughly, and then treated with a good quality oil, your issues should subside. Also, try an apple cider vinegar rinse (1 part vinegar to 3 parts distilled water) to clean the scalp. The should balance out the ph of the hair and make your scalp happier, too.
krenea
krenea

Back to top Go down

Post by Pi*Jay 27th October 2009, 3:41 pm

No, I havent BC'd yet. I am transitioning so the health of my hair and scalp are in recover mode. Perms really did a number on my scalp. So I am looking for ways to accelerate the healing process.
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by satindoll 29th October 2009, 4:28 pm

I've had issues with itchy scalp off an on for the past few years. There are a couple of solutions but it depends on if you want to use natural or commercial products.

A natural way to combat this problem is to either put baking soda in your shampoo (or conditioner if you co-wash) ACV rinses are also good for the scalp.

In the past I've used Garnier Fructis dandruff shampoo. I've also used Head n Shoulders and KeraCare dry and itchy scalp shampoo. They all have pyrithione zinc in them which help take care of the itchies and the flakes. All three have worked well for me, but they contain sulfates which is why many naturals won't use them.

HTH!
satindoll
satindoll

http://public.fotki.com/buttaflyy23

Back to top Go down

Post by Pi*Jay 5th November 2009, 12:12 am

I've heard about ACV rinses. I think I may give that a try... and I have used Selsum Blue but its TERRIBLY drying on my hair. It gets squeaky dry. I'm just going to try a couple a things... i think its going to take some time to get my scalp to wear it needs to be.
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by labon10 5th November 2009, 3:22 pm

You can also add a few drops of tea tree oil or peppermint oil to your poo/co-wash.

Or you can mix 4oz water and 2 drops of peppermint oil, and spray on your scalp.

Or you can mix 3 tbs aloe ver gel, 1tsp almond oil (whatever you have) and 2 drops of rosemary or peppermint oil

Don't remember where I got these recipes from. They all work for me and my daughter.

labon10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down