CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

inexpensive, but does the job

4 posters

Go down

inexpensive, but does the job Empty inexpensive, but does the job

Post by Guest 27th November 2010, 7:43 pm

i am STILL trying to find my "staple" product...something i can stick w/ and never get tired of and something my hair loves....on youtube, i've heard some good things about the 14 in 1 product by hawaiian silky and the carefree gold curl stuff in the gold and red bottle and they are both good prices, but i was needing some feedback or a couple pointers on maybe shampoos and deep conditioners and stylers that i could use that would make my curls pop and define them REALLY well, b/c i LOVE my curly hair and i HATE when it gets frizzy. idk bout the QP ELASTA feels like silk b/c i have only used it on a weave, but besides that one, what have u all heard of that can give me what i want and also condition and soften my hair?? any feedback will help~ Smile

Back to top Go down

inexpensive, but does the job Empty Re: inexpensive, but does the job

Post by Emartini04 27th November 2010, 9:22 pm

What is your hair type? In the 3's or 4's?
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27th November 2010, 10:20 pm

4a 3c mostly 4a though Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29th November 2010, 1:48 am

well...guess i'll figure somethin out...askin ppl hasn't been much help lately b/c it's not like they have my head right in front of them lol, Smile but um i think i'mma juss try some things out~

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeya 29th November 2010, 1:14 pm

I don't know if I can be of much help since my frizz is out of control lately but I can tell you that I tried and really liked the Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1. I only stopped using it because I wanted more natural/ organic products but have been recently thinking about trying it again.

As for shampoos, I like the Shea Moisture Brilliant Shine (sulfate free) shampoo for moisture and almost any cheap sulfate shampoo for a deeper clean. I'd also recommend a bentonite clay treatment...it seems to always get my curls popping!

I really like the Aubrey Organics GBP for a protein treatment and deep conditioner as well as any moisturizing conditioner with oils added.

Stylers have been a struggle for me lately but I really like KCCC and am experiementing with Darcy's Botanicals Natural Coils Curling Jelly to define my curls. Otherwise, I've found that the conditioner only method is quite good too depending on the conditioner you use.

HTH and good luck!
Takeya
Takeya

http://www.justtakeya.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29th November 2010, 3:58 pm

thanks alot for the advice...i've been trying to see what the hawaiian silky is about but um right now i am in between conditioners....i was using the herbal essences hello hydration, but i'm trying to see if there's something better out there that'd not hella expensive and will define my curls as well and make my hair really really soft....idk i'm going to look around Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeya 29th November 2010, 4:27 pm

Conditioners I love are Suave Almond & Shea (it's less than $3 at WalMart for the large bottle) and HE Totally Twisted.

I think the Totally Twisted does a lot to help clump my curls but the Suave A&S is so creamy and moisturizing! Since I started using Suave my hair has been ultra soft so I'd recommend giving it a try!
Takeya
Takeya

http://www.justtakeya.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 29th November 2010, 4:33 pm

I have used the Suave Aloe and Ginseng. It was good. Made my hair soft.
I only gave it up because I am trying to use natural products.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29th November 2010, 6:46 pm

ok...well thanks for the feedback ladies!! Smile what about aussie the conditioner or the carefree curl or anything like that?? if u've tried it, what was it like?

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 29th November 2010, 6:51 pm

tresemme naturals (the moisture one) is a really good conditioner too. At least for me, and my hair is in the 4's. It's good for detangling and leaves my hair soft.
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down