CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yes to Cucumber (or the line in general)

3 posters

Go down

Yes to Cucumber (or the line in general) Empty Yes to Cucumber (or the line in general)

Post by yacoomba 26th November 2010, 8:32 pm

Okay so awhile back I got a little happy and bought six bottles of the YTCuke and YTT condish from Ross since they were only $2.99. Well now I'm noticing that I have 3 unopened bottles left it states the expiration is: 1/12/2011 for all of them. Does anyone know if they will go rancid after this date or I'm okay to continue using the products? The little icon (the open jar has 12 months on it btw). If I shouldn't use them I'd rather donate them to a local charity soon so someone else can have moisturized/detangled strands!
TIA
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Yes to Cucumber (or the line in general) Empty Re: Yes to Cucumber (or the line in general)

Post by letha 26th November 2010, 9:12 pm

Not sure if it goes rancid right away or not.. I have the same thing on my bottle and I just noticed it.. I guess it will be best to keep a close eye on it after the date and smell it make sure it's not bad.. I have some oil that went rancid on me and I just tossed it out.. Hopefully we have a little grace period because I can't use my 2 bottles up b4 then
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Yes to Cucumber (or the line in general) Empty Re: Yes to Cucumber (or the line in general)

Post by FalconTress 26th November 2010, 9:28 pm

I looked at the YTT ingredients and it does contain a preservative. I would stash both the open & unopened bottles in the fridge on New Year's Day(easier to remember than the 12th).

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 26th November 2010, 10:06 pm

letha wrote:Not sure if it goes rancid right away or not.. I have the same thing on my bottle and I just noticed it.. I guess it will be best to keep a close eye on it after the date and smell it make sure it's not bad.. I have some oil that went rancid on me and I just tossed it out.. Hopefully we have a little grace period because I can't use my 2 bottles up b4 then
Whoa not the case of the rancid going around here Shocked Seriously it would be a bummer to give up the bottles because they have become my transitioning buddies I tell you. Melts right on my hair when I put it on to finger detangle (you know its hard to find a condish to do that for cheap). Hopefully our bottles hold up-we may need to start a prayer circle Very Happy
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 26th November 2010, 10:09 pm

FalconTress wrote:I looked at the YTT ingredients and it does contain a preservative. I would stash both the open & unopened bottles in the fridge on New Year's Day(easier to remember than the 12th).
I had never thought about that before; being that the ingredients are one big salad anyway what could it hurt (lol). Thnx!
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down