CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanksgiving Hair - How do you plan to rock your coils/kinks/curls?

+14
tamtam7
naturally.yours
Emartini04
natural83
Thinice
justicenga
BajanPrincess82
Sebastain13
ciara89
sweetdrk1
rayray19
BlondeByDesire
Renny
Lynnieluve
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Thanksgiving Hair - How do you plan to rock your coils/kinks/curls? Empty Thanksgiving Hair - How do you plan to rock your coils/kinks/curls?

Post by Lynnieluve 24th November 2010, 2:33 pm

Nikki posted this question on the blog so I thought it would be a good idea to post it here too.
So how do you plan to wear your hair for Thanksgiving? Are you gonna try something new or go with ole faithful?

I hope to recreate the look in my avatar. It's a twist out done on blow dried hair. The difference is I'm not gonna blow dried it this time. My hair is already stretched so I will moisturize, add a teeny, tiny bit of ecocustard for hold (it's really humid here...the temps are in the 80s), and twist it up. I will post pics if it comes out right. Laughing
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Thanksgiving Hair - How do you plan to rock your coils/kinks/curls? Empty Re: Thanksgiving Hair - How do you plan to rock your coils/kinks/curls?

Post by Renny 24th November 2010, 3:08 pm

Last night I pooed and DCed with DB DC Mask. Love that stuff.

I just finished 2 strand twisting my hair. This time my hair was 90% dry, some of it was actually totally dry. I used Giovanni Direct as my leave-in early, early this morning and then I twisted with Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter and used a little Oyin Burnt Sugar on the ends. I did much smaller twist than I've ever done. 45! I usually do 20. I'll leave them in overnight and rock a twist out for the next 3 or 4 days. I'll take pictures!
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Thanksgiving Hair - How do you plan to rock your coils/kinks/curls? Empty Re: Thanksgiving Hair - How do you plan to rock your coils/kinks/curls?

Post by BlondeByDesire 24th November 2010, 3:09 pm

I'm gonna unravel my twists, I've had in since Sunday and
WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTH
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 24th November 2010, 3:10 pm

Lynnieluve wrote: My hair is already stretched so I will moisturize, add a teeny, tiny bit of ecocustard for hold (it's really humid here...the temps are in the 80s), and twist it up. I will post pics if it comes out right. Laughing

Sounds great. Did you use ecocustard for the hair in the AVI? When you say use the eco for hold are you still applying it from root to tip?
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 24th November 2010, 3:41 pm

I plan on co-washing my hair tonight with YTC..and doing a deep treatment (Im going to try to add avocado to my deep condition to see how it works!!)..then im going to twist it as usual..and wear a twist out 2morrow for thanksgiving..this will be the first time alot of family seen my natural..so im excited
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 24th November 2010, 4:13 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:I'm gonna unravel my twists, I've had in since Sunday and
get it! Lol

I have to wash and condish. I plan to twist on wet hair and sit under the dryer. We are going out tonight!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ciara89 24th November 2010, 5:16 pm

I plan on unraveling the coils I had in my hair since sunday, and put my hair into a coily 'frohawk.
ciara89
ciara89

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 24th November 2010, 6:01 pm

I have been rocking a twist out I did a finger coil on Thursday kept them n til Monday I usually do not retwist but decided to give it a try & it looks so much better My hair looks fuller even though its short I will do my routine when I return from my holiday
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th November 2010, 7:20 pm

Renny wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote: My hair is already stretched so I will moisturize, add a teeny, tiny bit of ecocustard for hold (it's really humid here...the temps are in the 80s), and twist it up. I will post pics if it comes out right. Laughing

Sounds great. Did you use ecocustard for the hair in the AVI? When you say use the eco for hold are you still applying it from root to tip?

No I didnt use ecocustard for the twist out in my avatar. I used Protective Mist Bodifier and cocasta shikakai oil. Roxie needed a little bit more moisture than that.

I ended up using Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque to moisture (it works GREAT this way) and the ecocustard. It looks like I will have good results.

I put a finger tip of SM Deep Tx Masque and a finger tip of ecocustard in my hand and rubbed it together, then applied it to my hair for each row. I didnt want too much shrinkage so used clips to keep it stretched until it completely dried.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th November 2010, 7:21 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:I'm gonna unravel my twists, I've had in since Sunday and

I will be checking your CSJ for pics. I know it is gonna be HUGE!!!

LOL @ you whipping your hair back and forth geek
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th November 2010, 7:23 pm

Renny wrote:Last night I pooed and DCed with DB DC Mask. Love that stuff.

I just finished 2 strand twisting my hair. This time my hair was 90% dry, some of it was actually totally dry. I used Giovanni Direct as my leave-in early, early this morning and then I twisted with Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter and used a little Oyin Burnt Sugar on the ends. I did much smaller twist than I've ever done. 45! I usually do 20. I'll leave them in overnight and rock a twist out for the next 3 or 4 days. I'll take pictures!

I cant wait to see it!!! I bet you are gonna like the results!! The more twist I have, the better my twist outs come out! IMO, my best twist outs come from my mini twist.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 24th November 2010, 8:06 pm

I'm not doing anything special to my hair. I'll be going to the Thanksgiving Day Parade in downtown Houston and then volunteering for the SuperFeast. The SuperFeast is outside (they plan to serve 18,000 people!) and the weather is supposed to be warm, with scattered showers. For me that is a recipe for poofy, frizzy hair, so It'll be in a ponytail, puff, or bun.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by justicenga 24th November 2010, 10:14 pm

This is how my hair is right now (and has been for the last couple days). I've been off of work so there was no need to take out my twists. I just pinned them up for the gym. Tomorrow on our drive from Georgia to Kentucky I'll take the twists out. This style is nothing new for me. I pretty much do the same twist out every week but I switch up the cornrows.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

justicenga
justicenga

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th November 2010, 10:22 pm

justicenga wrote:This is how my hair is right now (and has been for the last couple days). I've been off of work so there was no need to take out my twists. I just pinned them up for the gym. Tomorrow on our drive from Georgia to Kentucky I'll take the twists out. This style is nothing new for me. I pretty much do the same twist out every week but I switch up the cornrows.

Very Cute!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 24th November 2010, 11:18 pm

@justicenga:I love your hairstyle, very beautiful.
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 24th November 2010, 11:35 pm

justicenga wrote:This is how my hair is right now (and has been for the last couple days). I've been off of work so there was no need to take out my twists. I just pinned them up for the gym. Tomorrow on our drive from Georgia to Kentucky I'll take the twists out. This style is nothing new for me. I pretty much do the same twist out every week but I switch up the cornrows.

Your hair looks great! I really need to learn how to cornrow. It would make life so much easier!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th November 2010, 11:39 pm

BajanPrincess82 wrote:I really need to learn how to cornrow. It would make life so much easier!

Me too!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 25th November 2010, 12:14 am

I'm presently sitting under the dryer now with deep conditioner on my hair...letting some heat penetrate through this hydration cap. Im not sure how Im going to style my hair. Maybe I'll do a braid out so I can have a more stretched out, lengthy look. I cowashed with Tresemme Naturals & im deep conditioning with Aubrey Organics-Honeysuckle Rose. Im thinking I'll use Yes To Cucumbers for my Leave-In, and who knows from there! Lol! But I'm leaning towards a twist-out/braid-out.
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 25th November 2010, 12:40 am

It's pretty cold where I'm at so I'm going to wear a protective style - two strand twist.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by naturally.yours 25th November 2010, 3:19 am

I'm going to keep the style simple because I'm new to styling natural hair. I plan to do a two strand twist out. If it doesn't come out to my liking, I may try to create my own updo.
naturally.yours
naturally.yours

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 25th November 2010, 8:51 am

I have been rocking tiny two strand twists all week so I plan to continue that look. I don't feel like dealing with my hair given the fact that I have to cook. I just curled it with flexi rods last night.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 25th November 2010, 10:01 am

Emartini04 wrote:It's pretty cold where I'm at so I'm going to wear a protective style - two strand twist.

Same here. Boyfriend and I are heading to a good friend's for dinner tonight, and it's TOO COLD to try to be cute. Laughing Keeping my hair twisted AND headwrapped.
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 25th November 2010, 12:21 pm

On Tuesday night I baggied overnight with Vatika oil and in the morning I washed and did a treatment with a mixture of shikakai, brahmi and amla that I left on for 1 hour. Then I did a DT with SheaMoisture Masque. I lightly rinsed that out and twisted my hair in about 30 twists with the kimmaytube leave in. This morning I untwisted my hair and fluffed a little bit. It's so soft! I love how it feels. So anyway, I'm rocking a twistout for the next few days.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 25th November 2010, 1:44 pm

im gonna debut my twist out to my family. Iv had chunky twists in since sunday and last night i STRATEGICLY placed rollers on the ends hoping my TnC will be banging
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EverNatural 25th November 2010, 2:40 pm

Wellll since I was butchered 2weeks ago my only real option is a wash n go....but I will make it work with my earring hoops and a fierce eye.

4EverNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next