CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleached my hair...

+6
krissyc39
Sthrngal92
sweetdrk1
Jazzyrin
LittleOne
Ashespeak22
10 posters

Go down

Bleached my hair... Empty Bleached my hair...

Post by Ashespeak22 21st November 2010, 10:13 am

Well about 2 weeks ago I bleached my hair...first time I had done ANYTHING remotely "damaging " to my hair. I haven't even used heat on my hair since I BC'd in March.

I did no real prep work for this venture, it was a spontaneous venture, and really did nothing to protect it outside of the usual wash.

I co wash first with Herbal Essences HH, followed by Aussie Moist, after rinsing I use Avocado oil followed by Castor oil and Giovanni Direct Leave in.

I'm not sure if that was enough but I do this every 3 days...prior to washing I had used Cholesterol on my hair overnight about a week before.

After applying the bleach and rinsing it out due to itching, I immediately placed a olive oil masque on it and let it sit for 10 minutes, then proceeded to use Paul Mitchell's Super Strong Treatment, then my regular wash routine.

I haven't experienced any textural difference or even any significant loss of hair as far as detangling, as a matter of fact it seems like I've been losing less as far as shedding.

Am I doing the right things as far as caring for my hair? Does anyone have any opinions?
Ashespeak22
Ashespeak22

http://Strawberrypoptartkisses.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Bleached my hair... Empty Re: Bleached my hair...

Post by LittleOne 21st November 2010, 9:24 pm

Hi Ashespeak22!

Your routine sounds pretty good. Bleach is harsh; but I think you would notice any major issues that were going to come from it by now. Here's some more info to improve your hair regimen....
http://www.hairliberty.org/black-hair-care/articles/hair-care-secrets/oil-treatments.html

Good luck! Smile
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzyrin 22nd November 2010, 2:28 pm

it sounds like ur doing the right thing i bleached the tips of my hair on the left side in the front then died it purple (avatar). However the dye has faded and my hair hasnt broken off but i can tell its really damaged ill never do it again
Jazzyrin
Jazzyrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashespeak22 22nd November 2010, 6:28 pm

@little one thanks for the information! I will definitely check that out! I was searching for more info >.<
@Jazzyrin Thats the one thing that I'm worried about is damage, I try to keep a good moisturizing regimen goin on...how long between the bleaching and the dye did you wait?
Ashespeak22
Ashespeak22

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzyrin 22nd November 2010, 7:24 pm

Hmm i didnt wait i did it immediately after lol was i supposed to wait?
Jazzyrin
Jazzyrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashespeak22 23rd November 2010, 3:34 am

I would say wait just a little while to avoid over processing. >.< Sometimes hair can take it as far as dye, but bleach is very harsh Sad
Ashespeak22
Ashespeak22

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 1st January 2011, 2:22 pm

Hows the hair going? can we see?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashespeak22 2nd January 2011, 2:05 am

Sure, It has gotten darker and my hair has grown...like a weed...In the beginning my roots were lighter than the rest of my hair...now I have a black head band...LMAO. I think its the Hair, Skin, and nails I've been taking, that and the Wild grow.

Ashespeak22
Ashespeak22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashespeak22 2nd January 2011, 2:06 am

Bleached my hair... 47671_12
Ashespeak22
Ashespeak22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sthrngal92 4th January 2011, 4:03 am

my hair has been color treated twice this year. the first time March 10, i received an all over color w/highlights framing my face. everything went off without a hitch. no excessive shedding, breakage, or dryness. the second time, July 10, turned into a disaster! i had a full head of highlights applied over the initial color and highlights, bad move lol. i experienced extreme drieness and excessive shedding. i finally took the plunge and cutoff the rest of the damaged ends Dec 10. my highlights were lifted (bleached) so that a honey/golden blond color could be applied. i will never do this again. i went to a reputable salon and stylists so cannot blame it on bad service. just plain old chemical damage :-( so please be very careful and keep up your awesome routine!

[img]Bleached my hair... 20101112[/img]
Sthrngal92
Sthrngal92

https://facebook.com/Neva.Skinner.Trice ; twitter.com/Sthrngal92

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashespeak22 4th January 2011, 5:44 am

Your hair is very cute i the picture... I'm sorry that happened to your hair pale That sucked major!!! I washed my hair yesterday and decided to keep the 3 minute miracle in my hair for a few hours...which turned into 17 hours...my hair felt slightly loose so I decided to condition it once more with Aussie Moist then I Proceeded to try to flat twist my hair with Cantu shea and it was just hideous. I took it down and blow dried my hair for the first time...
It feels strange.... I'm kinda panicking...
Ashespeak22
Ashespeak22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sthrngal92 5th January 2011, 3:36 am

Thank you! Don't panic, what your hair needs now more than anything is protein! The protein will help strengthen/reinforce the bonds that were broken when you bleached. If you're hair doesn't like protein then try something kinda weak like V05 or Suave (i add evoo to mines for a little oomph) and if your hair loves it like mines does you can go for one of those re-constructor protein packs they sell in the beauty supply. DO NOT USE HEAT! your hair is already pretty weak so don't stress it anymore. i wouldn't use shampoo in it again for at least 2 weeks and keep the co-washing to a minimum if lifestyle permitting. our hair is very resilient and i have come to realize that if left to its on devices after we have screwed it up lol it will self correct.
Sthrngal92
Sthrngal92

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 9th January 2011, 11:19 pm

Hey quick question. Would you consider your hair strands to be thin or thick? Because I want to dye my hair brown or honey blond but I'm not sure if my thin strands can take it.
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th January 2011, 1:00 am

@Ashesspeak22..
idk u do u gurl..alot of naturals may color their hair or bleach it or whatever, but it isn't good for the hair...it can majorly dry your hair out, especially if it isn't done right Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sthrngal92 11th January 2011, 4:19 am

krissyc39 wrote:Hey quick question. Would you consider your hair strands to be thin or thick? Because I want to dye my hair brown or honey blond but I'm not sure if my thin strands can take it.

Hi there! My hair strands are very densely packed upon my head, giving the appearance of very thick , lush hair, but it is very fine, so whenever i stretch or contain (individually twist or braid) they come out small and show a lot of scalp. From your signature, i see that you have texturized ends, if this is so i would STAY AWAY from anymore chemical processes. My recommendation for you, especially with the color you are trying achieve, would be henna. Check out mehandi.com for info on the henna plant and the different ways to achieve color variation with it. Hth!
Sthrngal92
Sthrngal92

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 11th January 2011, 6:49 pm

Sthrngal92 wrote: Hi there! My hair strands are very densely packed upon my head, giving the appearance of very thick , lush hair, but it is very fine, so whenever i stretch or contain (individually twist or braid) they come out small and show a lot of scalp. From your signature, i see that you have texturized ends, if this is so i would STAY AWAY from anymore chemical processes. My recommendation for you, especially with the color you are trying achieve, would be henna. Check out mehandi.com for info on the henna plant and the different ways to achieve color variation with it. Hth!

Thanks! I actually wasn't planning on doing ANYTHING damaging to my hair until I reach my hair goal but I was just looking to see if my hair could even take the processing. My hair used to be really densely packed too (before a horrible braiding accident *sigh*) and I know exactly what your talking about with the scalpiness
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Sthrngal92 12th January 2011, 7:10 am

krissyc39 wrote:Thanks! I actually wasn't planning on doing ANYTHING damaging to my hair until I reach my hair goal but I was just looking to see if my hair could even take the processing. My hair used to be really densely packed too (before a horrible braiding accident *sigh*) and I know exactly what your talking about with the scalpiness

I am so sorry about the "accident"! I know the feeling. Since I can't see your hair first hand I'm not sure if it could take the process or not. I would definitely start strengthening my hair by upping the deep conditioning and oil treatments. This has greatly improved my overall appearance and hair health since the bleaching. Oh, I have also started henna-ing.
Sthrngal92
Sthrngal92

Back to top Go down

Post by AllThatJaaz 14th January 2011, 5:51 pm

What did you use to bleach your hair? I'm trying to decide between the 30 volume developer/bleach powder route or a box dye. I'm not going to bleach my whole head. Just a couple streaks or the ends. I prefer doing the most damage to my ends because then I can just cut off the damage.

AllThatJaaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashespeak22 20th January 2011, 5:42 pm

I used Some brand from Sally's Ion something or other...Sorry Embarassed I do know it was a developer if that helps...
My hair is pretty Thick...It takes a bit of time to help it do what I want...My hair is pretty dense as well. I don't experience any scalpiness when doing 2strand twists, I don't even part my hair with a comb I just pull it apart by my fingers. Maybe that would help? I don't know just putting forth an opinion.
@Strawberri_Slushee: I knew it was damaging but I also knew if I didn't do something to my hair I was going to chop again and I love my length, but would I bleach my hair again? No, I'm having difficulty retaining moisture. Its a bit more difficult than it was before, but I honestly love how my hair looks Smile
Ashespeak22
Ashespeak22

Back to top Go down

Bleached my hair... Empty My hair now...

Post by Ashespeak22 20th January 2011, 5:48 pm

Bleached my hair... Dscn1210

Bleached my hair... Dscn1310

Wish I could stretch it...2 Strand Twists pulled apart while still damp
Ashespeak22
Ashespeak22

Back to top Go down

Post by sulutomy 22nd January 2011, 12:55 am

Very much aware about the bleaching hair. Because not allow to touch on the eye and eyebrows. If in case it touch to eye than wash immediately with cold water. Some cases you must have to take the help of the doctors also.

sulutomy

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 29th January 2011, 2:59 pm

Not a big deal. I permed my hair, then 2 weeks later bleached and dyed the same day.

Natural hair is much stronger than permed hair. you are fine as long as you do moisture treatments

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by JaliseH 1st March 2011, 9:16 pm

Is it ok to dye your hair and then use a semi permanent rinse? I want to do a block of red in the front of my hair. The first time I dyed my hair red it only lightened my hair. This time if that happens I want to put a red rinse so that it will be really red. I figure that would be better than bleaching and then dyeing it. Also I have been transitioning for 8 month so I have a lot of relaxer.
JaliseH
JaliseH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down