CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curl creams?

+6
Mzbush
jeanlouisangel
Renny
Jazzyrin
ChrsLvsBks
mokacoffey
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Curl creams? Empty Curl creams?

Post by mokacoffey 20th November 2010, 8:12 pm

Hey Ladies! (insert Beastie Boys here)
I wanted to know if anyone actually uses curl creams for just distributing through your hair and wearing that way. I have a few- Bee Mine Curly butter, Miss Jessies Curly Pudding, etc.. I guess this would be a wash n go, though, huh? I guess I mean to ask about the best way to apply the products to wear my hair out? Currently it is a little past shoulder length. I guess I have dreams of wearing it out w/o the effort of doing twists.. If anyone has any pics to show of theirs- that would be cool.
Also- I'm new and this is my very first post! Yay..Lets hear it for getting involved;-)
Very Happy

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Curl creams? Empty Re: Curl creams?

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th November 2010, 11:08 pm

Hi there, and welcome! I have a few curl creams. I love Curl Junkie's Coco Coffee Curl Cream. I use it when wearing a WnG. The other creams I have not used yet.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 21st November 2010, 12:15 am

Chrs- Do you apply your curl cream in large sections when u use it or small..or?

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 21st November 2010, 1:20 am

When applying it, I put about a quarter size in a section. If it does not feel coated, I apply a dime size more until it feels coated. I have a total of eight sections. My hair is a little past BSL.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzyrin 21st November 2010, 2:20 am

the beautiful curls line at whole foods has a curl activating cream ive been using it for 3months i love it
Jazzyrin
Jazzyrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 21st November 2010, 11:09 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Hi there, and welcome! I have a few curl creams. I love Curl Junkie's Coco Coffee Curl Cream. I use it when wearing a WnG. The other creams I have not used yet.

Hi Chrs,

I've been thinking about trying Curl Junkie, specifically the Coco Coffee. I was wondering do you use a leave-in with it? What do you use to refresh it with, and how long does your WNG last?

TIA!
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 22nd November 2010, 5:58 pm

Renny wrote:
ChrsLvsBks wrote:Hi there, and welcome! I have a few curl creams. I love Curl Junkie's Coco Coffee Curl Cream. I use it when wearing a WnG. The other creams I have not used yet.

Hi Chrs,

I've been thinking about trying Curl Junkie, specifically the Coco Coffee. I was wondering do you use a leave-in with it? What do you use to refresh it with, and how long does your WNG last?

TIA!
I would sometimes use a LI (Curl Junkie's LI--BeautiCurls or Honey Butta). My hair is dense so two products help it to not rise too much. As far as refreshing it, I was likely using my mix of aloe vera juice, water, EVOO and glycerin.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 23rd November 2010, 2:40 am

So far I really like Kinky Curly. It leaves my curls well clumped, soft & moisturized. Though, I did my hair with it today and it came our more crunchy & kinda dry feeling. I used KT underneath too. Not sure what happened there...I used MJCP the other day & it of course looked good till it completely dried & took any & all moisture in my hair with it No Why cant i just find a great gelly or cream that does not leave my hair hard, but moisturizes and defines well?? Is it so much to ask.? This is why I'm trying soo many things. Smile Btw, I apply the kccc in sections with a denman & the cp by finger raking through

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 23rd November 2010, 3:10 am

Welcome and Blessings..I dont have anywhere near your length, so I cannot really advise. But I will say Kinky Curly is good, but there are a ton of curling creams out there for wash n go's ..Uncle Funky's Daughter, Donna Marie Mira Curl Gelly (waiting to receive any day now Smile ) And many others. Youtube it, and enjoy the journey
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mzbush 23rd November 2010, 10:09 am

I think you should check out tutorials on shingling. I have included a link here. This will define your curls. Because your hair is long, I would do it in sections (starting in the back) and then work towards the front. You have to work fast so that your hair doesn't dry before you get to the front but I think this is what you are looking for.

http://www.missjessies.com/05_styling/videos.htm
Mzbush
Mzbush

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 23rd November 2010, 10:14 am

Jeanlouisangel: thanks so much. Please let us know how you like the Mircurl. Has anyone tried the Uncle Funkys Daughter curly magic? The price is less than kccc and that pump bottle is a great idea. I wonder if the Extra Butter underneath would add some weight & moisture to my hair? Otherwise, I look like Sideshow Bob! I'm gonna haft find out if they are having a BF sale.

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 23rd November 2010, 10:29 am

Hi Moka

I am on the same hunt you are! I prefer "shingling" to twist outs simply because my hair is thicker and longer on one side so it never comes out quite even....I gotta get a hair cut I know....

Anyway.....to date (we're talking almost 2 years here) KCCC has given me the best results. To combat the crunch you sometimes get I use some sort of oil or cream but I will say I can get 4 and sometimes 5 day hair with KCCC.

Let me know what you find....my plan is to buy some Miracurl on Black Friday and I really want the new KeraCare Naturals.....at some point something will work like I want it to.

EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 23rd November 2010, 8:43 pm

Sounds like many of us will be buying Miracurl on BF! Do we know what kind of sale she's having then? I looked at some YT vids about shingling and I guess thats what I do already. I really love my natural curl pattern & how it looks w/ KCCC. But, I'm starting to like Twist n Curls a lot too. Mainly cause of the low manipulation. A regular twist out just doesnt give the the look I like at all. Kinda limp noodle looking No
Dear Baby Jesus: Can u please send me a miracle product? Thanks in advance, Love Moka. lol

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 23rd November 2010, 8:53 pm

I think Im going to try the twist and curl again....once I get a hair cut.

I have been roller setting my hair with some pretty good results....just have to figure out the roots situation....because I dont want to flat iron them.

Yes, Baby Jesus please send the miracle product we are looking for!! LOL
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 24th November 2010, 5:06 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
Renny wrote:

Hi Chrs,

TIA!
I would sometimes use a LI (Curl Junkie's LI--BeautiCurls or Honey Butta). My hair is dense so two products help it to not rise too much. As far as refreshing it, I was likely using my mix of aloe vera juice, water, EVOO and glycerin.

Okay, thanks. I was thinking Beautiful Curls, so I'll add both to my list of things to try in the spring.
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 1st December 2010, 12:09 am

lol...at moka and emarie...UFD's Curly Magic is great...It is my all time favorite..then KCCC..But just received the Mira Curl..I will holla and share if Jesus answered..lol Laughing
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 1st December 2010, 2:12 am

Jean - I don't even like gel and I really like Miracurl. I am with Renny on that one. I mixed some with Curls Brulee. It was great. Today, I mixed some with Qhemet Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm and it was great. It just seems to go well with so many other products.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 1st December 2010, 3:52 pm

Natnola....you made my day flower thanks bunches
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 1st December 2010, 8:35 pm

Well Im waiting on my Miracurl....cant wait for it to get here!! LOL
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 2nd December 2010, 12:14 am

EMarie wrote:Well Im waiting on my Miracurl....cant wait for it to get here!! LOL

I'm wanting my Donna Marie's Curl Creme. I love Miracurl so much I decided to try the creme. My order is still processing.
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 2nd December 2010, 12:21 am

See if I would have been paying attention I would have ordered that too!! LOL
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd December 2010, 1:52 am

alot of this stuff costs alot and i'm trying to figure out why they don't make like generic brands of this stuff or something b/c i'm not gonna spend from 20 to 40 dollars for some hair product that may not even work for me lol..that's just bananas~

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 3rd December 2010, 10:21 pm

@Indid - I'm pretty cheap myself, but if I can pay $15 for a pizza on Friday night to eat and burp it out, I can spend at least that on a hair product. I'm willing to spend $20 to test something, but usually it comes highly recommended as a "try it" product from another natural who is looking at my hair. The Miracurl was $24 and I got 20% off during a sale. I just purchased the Donna Marie's Curling Creme on Black Friday. I got 30% off of $20. I would try anything Darcy's Botancials and Donna Marie put out if the ingredients seemed favorable for me, because they have proved worth the try.

My mother always told me that only the individual can determine the value of their own money.
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by MsVera 5th December 2010, 2:26 am

@ Renny....isn't that the truth?!
VERY wise indeed.
Wink
MsVera
MsVera

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 5th December 2010, 7:25 pm

I still have full bottle of the MiraCurl - how are you applying to your hair. I have watched YT videos and I haven't used it because of the long process of applying in sections, etc. I'm lazy
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next