CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All the curly stuff

+3
BlakButterfli
jeanlouisangel
kimc
7 posters

Go down

All the curly stuff Empty All the curly stuff

Post by kimc 17th November 2010, 2:07 pm

Kinky Curly, I like that my hair does not shrink so much when I use Kinky Curly, but I don't feel like my curls are manageable. Sometimes they are a little hard, it takes a long time to dry, and the next day the curls are just eh.

Marc Anthony Curl,, I hate the smell, I felt like I was using something on my hair that I shouldn't, I can explain why, maybe the smell. Again my hair did not shrink to much, but the curls were to hard, and I can't get past the smell

Uncle Funky' Daughter
, Love love it! I love that I can pump out the activator, I like the smell, my hair dried fast, the curls are soft and manageable, very defined. 1 big problem, a lot of shrinkage. My hair was so little! But I will deal with the shrinkage, Uncle Funky's is my favorite so far.

Ok, are there any others I should try? let me know!!!
kimc
kimc

http://imakinkygurl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

All the curly stuff Empty Re: All the curly stuff

Post by jeanlouisangel 17th November 2010, 4:44 pm

I am an UFD's fan too..It is the best so far with convenience and defining curls. but I want to try this Donna Marie's Mira Curl. I heard about it from one of the threads on this forum. That you can have a wash and go with dry hair, and that it will last at least five days and look good..That it also can be refreshed without water cheers If it really does all of this, I am sold because I live in a cold climate and cant keep wetting my head for the WnG look..Do you know of this line? Let me know what you have heard or experienced..Blessings flower
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 17th November 2010, 5:17 pm

I've used Darcy's Botanicals Curling Coils Jelly - I THINK that's what it's called. lol

It has kind of a - for lack of a better word - slimy feel to it, but the smell is pleasant. It goes on very easily and gives me nice clumps of curls. Like most products, the shrinkage (at least on my hair) is a bad thing, but what can you do. The slip of the product is very good.

My coils with this product:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As you can see, my hair shrinks pretty badly with it. lol :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by BlakButterfli on 17th November 2010, 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated with Pics)
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 17th November 2010, 8:57 pm

I use Uncle Funky Daughter Extra Butter for my hair & Im in love with it too I have not tried the gel yet but since u gave it a rave review Kimc Im going to try it I like the products because they r not so expensive run
I started using the Extra Butter bcause I was having problems with dryness but since I have been using it it has gotton alot better Its very thick & creamy
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 17th November 2010, 10:05 pm

I love Miracurl Gel, too. I've never applied it on dry hair. I've never tried. My initial application has always been on damp and wet hair, but it definitely can be refreshed with the Coca Hemp Styling Milk and definitely will last like 5 days. I've gone 7, but on day 7 my hair was really starting to coil around itself. I might have had tangles on day 8.

YouTuber CoilsKinksCurls does it on almost dry hair. Here are two of videos about the application.

I should sell this stuff. I love it. I'm definitely buying the Donna Marie Curling Creme on Black Friday so I can compare the gel to the creme.

I also plan to try UFD. I actually went to the natural hair shop to get UFD and they were out. The owner told me she thought Miracurl was a good choice for me. So right!
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 18th November 2010, 2:06 am

I love Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and Curls Souffle.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by J.S.M. 18th November 2010, 2:15 am

So far, the only gel that has not made my hair hard is the Kiss My Face Upper Management Styling Gel. Nice definition without all the crunchiness, it's not too expensive, and it can be easily found at Whole Foods (or another health food store). Love it.

There's also the Koils by Nature Soothing gels.

J.S.M.

Back to top Go down

Post by kimc 18th November 2010, 3:32 pm

Never tried Miracurl. Oh no, now I have to get it! lol
kimc
kimc

http://imakinkygurl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 18th November 2010, 4:00 pm

Renny wrote:I love Miracurl Gel, too. I've never applied it on dry hair. I've never tried. My initial application has always been on damp and wet hair, but it definitely can be refreshed with the Coca Hemp Styling Milk and definitely will last like 5 days. I've gone 7, but on day 7 my hair was really starting to coil around itself. I might have had tangles on day 8.

YouTuber CoilsKinksCurls does it on almost dry hair. Here are two of videos about the application.

I should sell this stuff. I love it. I'm definitely buying the Donna Marie Curling Creme on Black Friday so I can compare the gel to the creme.

I also plan to try UFD. I actually went to the natural hair shop to get UFD and they were out. The owner told me she thought Miracurl was a good choice for me. So right!

Renny, I have some of the Cocoa Hemp Styling Milk if you want it. It's been on the swap board for a minute. It's about 1/2 full if you have anything you want to swap it for. Smile
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down