CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homemade hair food!

2 posters

Go down

Homemade hair food! Empty Homemade hair food!

Post by blkbeauty2010 14th November 2010, 8:38 pm

So I just got in from back to back visits to various bss's and was not impressed with the product ingredients in many of the items I was about to purchase. Either there was mineral oil, glycerin (trying to avoid this winter), cones (don't want sticky hair during my hair challenge as i will be maintaining twists in two week intervals), sulfates, and many words that I wont even attempt to sound out and pronounce. I decided since my PJ ism has cluttered my kitchen and bathroom (and is the reason I was in all those stores in the first place) I figured why don't i go home and whip up a lil sometin that will add moisture, sheen/shine, seal, and is not too greasy. After a brief scavenger hunt through my apartment I have a counter full of oils, butters, produce, spices, herbs and condiments... yes condiments and of course some store bought Holy Grail items but the problem is I have no clue where to start confused So my question to you ladies is

WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE HOME MADE CONCOCTIONS? (if possible list the amount of the ingredients used)
WHAT DO YOU USE IT FOR? (edges, moisture, sealing, dc, leave in, shampoo, styling agent, spritz)
HOW DO YOU USE IT? (wet/dry hair, clean or "dirty" hair, day 1, 2, 4, 7, twist/braid outs?)

Hopefully this can be a list of recipe's for people who are not satisfied with the concoctions in the stores, would like to save money, use the products they have and abundance of, or would like to try something different to change the condition of their hair. Last week I tried Kimmytube conditioner for the first time and my hair is soft, shiny and moisturized 4 days later! (I tweaked it a bit)
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Homemade hair food! Empty Re: Homemade hair food!

Post by DerbyDiva 16th November 2010, 11:45 am

If you haven't seen, we now have a homemade products section now! There's only a coupe of postings thus far but it was just created yesterday so I'm sure its gonna get rolling very quickly. HTH!
DerbyDiva
DerbyDiva

http://www.twitter.com/Venus_Arising

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 16th November 2010, 12:05 pm

i considered sending this to nikki last week and suggesting it be a section so people wouldnt have to sift through the site to find recipe's but i chickened out! where is it located?
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by DerbyDiva 17th November 2010, 2:57 am

its on the menu when you get to the forum main page. join us!
DerbyDiva
DerbyDiva

http://www.twitter.com/Venus_Arising

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down