CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

twa stress

5 posters

Go down

twa stress Empty twa stress

Post by Éllenatural 26th November 2009, 8:59 pm

Hello everyone...I'm new to the forums and the site and also just recently did my BC September 21 of this year. so im going on 2months of being completely natural. However they have been 2 very long heart wrenching months. I did my research about going natural and how to appropriately care for your natural hair...but i feel like nothing is happening...no growth..no curls..nothing ( just seems to me to be a very unattractive dry trashy looking afro that is soft to the touch). I don't exactly know what to do to my hair for it to look semi decent...i look in the mirror and hate what i see...i know thats not cool..but unfortunatly that is just the honest truth. I suffer from being bipolar which is why the drastic cut happened by me doing it on my own one day out of the blue was just scissor happy and shoced afterwards. I later on in the week went to the barber for a shape up...I felt i needed a change...and now that I have it...I'm not sure how to embrace it and care for it the way that I should. I,m in total need of some support....before the breakdown leads me to the path of relaxing my hair again which I really don't want to happen. What do I do...especially to bring out my curls. Pls help. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_Éllenatural_
-Coco-
Éllenatural
Éllenatural

Back to top Go down

twa stress Empty Re: twa stress

Post by mrsrenaissance 27th November 2009, 12:33 am

so sorry you're not happy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] not everyone is totally in love w/a new look right away, but not everyone is brave enough to talk about it. have you tried visiting the "grow long" forum? the ladies there could probably offer some great advice. i'm newly transitioning but one thing i keep hearing/reading is have patience. (((hugs))) & good luck!
mrsrenaissance
mrsrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 27th November 2009, 2:48 pm

am sorry to hear that you are not happy. u came to the right place to gain support and knowledge. before going any further, could you please tell us what you are shampooing/co-washing with? do you deep condition and if so with what? are you using a leave-in? are you then sealing in the moisture? these questions will help us to help you better care for you hair. thanks!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamwj 28th November 2009, 7:50 pm

I feel your pain girl. I BC's last night, woke up this morning and practically screamed at myself in the mirror. I take comfort knowing that lots of other women have done the same thing and have triumphed!

dreamwj

Back to top Go down

Post by Éllenatural 11th December 2009, 3:04 am

***mrsrenaissance** thank you for the kind words. I will most definitly check out that section you reffered to *hugs*

**Dajewel** regarding the products i use...I've been using the same products as I was when relaxed. Which I know may not be good for my natural hair. Such as Garnier, an pantene ( for "natural") i wash my hair once every month with Pantene clearifying shampoo, and once my second week with Garnier shampoo aside from that I would co wash with my garnier conditioner and after I sit with my Amla hair oil in for a few hours. ( i do my amla i guess refered as a prepoo twice a week if i can find myself to go there mentally). Theres alot of products that I've made note of from youtube and this site as well as others That I would love to get...I ust dont know exactly where here in toronto i can find them. Alot of sisters sa walmart and whole foods but it seems as though theres things accessible in the states that arent here in the same stores. Coconut oil and glycerin as an example....But I would appreciate all the help i can get.

The other day i took scissors to it again as it was looking a little uneven in my eyes. I'm just hoping to see some growth in this thickness somewhere...lol

**dreamwj** I hope that you will be able to find the same that I am in search off....and thats support, and loving and embracing the new you.

Thank you ladies for all feedback and comments I apologise for the delayed response it has been extremely hectic on my end. Look forward to hearing from you all.

Éllenatural- Coco ♥️ [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Éllenatural
Éllenatural

Back to top Go down

Post by JazzyCurlyRN 11th December 2009, 7:01 pm

Hey Ladies!!!

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your hair... I did my BC exactly one week ago today and I must say that initially I was very sad I cried for a day and didn't leave the house, but I realized that there is a goal that I want to achieve and that is the beauty of curly natural hair and I know that I am well on my way. I have the same issues that you do about the driness, but my hair really does feel like it is growing. In regards to your products you may want to check the ingredients in the products that you were using from your days as a "relaxed chica"... I realized that most of the products had things that were not so good for the hair and decided to change so. Even thought I live in a major city "near Detroit" I was having some concerns about where to buy the products. Whole Foods, Better Health, and Walmart are all around but in the time and gas money it would take for me to get out to those places I decided to order off the internet. Just a suggestion...

CUrlyNikki is an awesome place to come to for support!!!
JazzyCurlyRN
JazzyCurlyRN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down