CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Itching to get my hair professionally done. Should I?

5 posters

Go down

Itching to get my hair professionally done. Should I? Empty Itching to get my hair professionally done. Should I?

Post by summerbreeze76 6th November 2010, 3:26 pm

Hey Ladies, lately i have been wanting to do something different with my hair. I was leaning toward straightening it but i could not find my stylist when i was home visiting and right about now she is the only one i trust to cut my hair.

SO now i am just thinking about getting my ends clipped, which i am sure they need, by a professional and then letting them twist my hair or something. I figured a Natural Stylist would do best since they SHOULD know how to cut our hair. I contact Pam of Koilsbynature and she game me her stylists info. I sent the stylist a quick message and she has already responded letting me know that the salon is closed throught the 15th and that she will contact me when it is back up.

SO my question is what should i ask her to do. I am assuming she wont need to straighten my hair to cut it, that she can do it wet, but if she does straighten it should that be a no no. For those of you who have went the professional route for cutting tell me the dos and donts please.

Side Note: I took my daughter, who has a relaxer, to get her hair done yesterday, while paying this new stylist was looking at my hair and asked where i went to get it done. I replied that i had not been anywhere since the beginning of the year and that the Owner of the Salon was my stylist during that time. I then say ive been thinking about getting it professionally done, b/c i need my ends trimmed, she says, "yeah thats what Im looking at." I wasnt really offened, but really, if you want to do my hair is that something that you should say?? she then says, "well if you ever feel like getting your hair professionally done consider me." I had stopped listeing to her by then and i was thinking, "and why would i do that with you wearing what looks like sheep wool on your head.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Itching to get my hair professionally done. Should I? Empty Re: Itching to get my hair professionally done. Should I?

Post by Lynnieluve 6th November 2010, 3:40 pm

Addressing your side note: Some people are so RUDE!!!! There is no way she would get my business. She didnt have to say, "Yea, that's what I'm looking at" When you said you needed a trim, then she SHOULD have said, "I can do it for you" or "You should consider me" ::rolling eyes so hard:: ::saying a silent prayer:: "Lord, please dont let anybody come at me crazy like the above incident. I don't want to bring shame to your name. Amen"

Anyway, I havent been to a "professional" but I would have a consultation with the stylist. Tell her what you want. If she says she prefers to straighten you hair to cut it, ask her what kind of heat protector she uses. And take yours just in case.

As for a style, you should just wear it straight (if she has to straighten it) or get some type of twist/braid style.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Itching to get my hair professionally done. Should I? Empty Re: Itching to get my hair professionally done. Should I?

Post by summerbreeze76 6th November 2010, 4:04 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Addressing your side note: Some people are so RUDE!!!! There is no way she would get my business. She didnt have to say, "Yea, that's what I'm looking at" When you said you needed a trim, then she SHOULD have said, "I can do it for you" or "You should consider me" ::rolling eyes so hard:: ::saying a silent prayer:: "Lord, please dont let anybody come at me crazy like the above incident. I don't want to bring shame to your name. Amen"

Anyway, I havent been to a "professional" but I would have a consultation with the stylist. Tell her what you want. If she says she prefers to straighten you hair to cut it, ask her what kind of heat protector she uses. And take yours just in case.

As for a style, you should just wear it straight (if she has to straighten it) or get some type of twist/braid style.

You are saying exactly what i was thinking. I was calling her all kinds of bad names in my head. If i did not like the lady who does my daughters hair so much, I would never set foot back in that Salon. I know that i could probably go back to the Owner, but his response to me since being totally natural, which has been no response at all, has sort of turned me off. So i just take her, but seriously probably need to look elsewhere for the both of us.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 6th November 2010, 5:10 pm

I have only been natural for 6 mths but was considering the same thing but did not want to go to my old stylist so I visited a salon that 1 of my coworkers recommended It was a ok consult but she did not recommend getting my ends trimmmed bcause I do not apply any heat to my hair So i aggree with Lynnieluv have the consult first then u can make a more informed decision
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 7th November 2010, 7:24 pm

I have been to 2 natural stylists, because sometime I get frustrated with my own hair.

The only problem I have is that sometimes they do not know what products work well with my hair. All naturals know that just because one product does wonders for one head, you can not expect the same results on another person heads.

The more my hair grows, the more I can manage it myself and save the $60.
This site has helped me to find what products work well on my hair and also some styling techniques I can use.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th November 2010, 12:31 am

Hi,

My stylist is natural too, but I only go to get my color doe or an occasional rod set (which she hate to do). I did get my hair blown straight for my one year mark, she fussed because I hadn't had my ends trimmed since she did the bc!

There is nothing wrong with straightening your hair in moderation. I am sure you will be fine! Good luck!

As for the rude one!!! Honey you are a gem, I would havectold ole girl where to go and given her bus fair to boot! I ant stand nasty people AND she had a mess on her head too. I would havecsaud well what's wrong with your hair? Shocked
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down