CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna...how permanent is it?

3 posters

Go down

Henna...how permanent is it? Empty Henna...how permanent is it?

Post by Winnielours 25th November 2009, 3:48 am

I need help!!! I'm very new to this and was thinking about Henna but my mother is freaking me out and telling me that all my hair will fall out if I keep messing with it!
(im not only a PJ but a style junky....i try new variations on any style i come across sometimes on the same day)

so are the coloring effects of henna reversible? i've never colored my hair and too scared to try anything to drastic...i need to know that i wont be stuck with something i hate

i notice most of you henna almost monthly? why? is it for the color?

i also read that some of you ladies are applying just to those areas that you want to get thicker. Is that something you recommend for my first time?

thanks in advance! i hope i'm not being redundant!
Winnielours
Winnielours

Back to top Go down

Henna...how permanent is it? Empty Re: Henna...how permanent is it?

Post by LilMsPuddles 25th November 2009, 4:15 pm

Henna is pretty permanent but luckily it's like a rinse so it only appears in sunlight. Henna is also good for conditioning and anti-fungal properties in addition to color because it's organic.
Typically spot treating with henna isn't recommenced but you can strand test with hair from your hair brush.
The only way your hair will fall out with henna is if you are allergic to it and that is mostly for people who have a genetic problem(cant remember the name) but that would kill you(literally) but the chances of that you have it and wouldn't know it are slim.
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifuleyez 25th November 2009, 5:46 pm

I'm pretty new to the whole henna experience, I just did my first treatment a week and a half ago. But, here's a link that has tons of info on henna: http://www.hennaforhair.com/freebooks/ It was very helpful to me as I was doing my research. Depending on what you are looking for from your henna, the conditioning properties, color, or preventing breakage, there are different recipes and other things you can add that can keep the color from turning so red and also prevent the curl loosening effects that some people experience. The key is that you have to do a lot of research and figure out what results you would like to obtain. Even still, it may take a few times before you get exactly what you want. It's nothing like a box of Clariol where you pretty much know what to expect from the picture on the box, you might have to tweak things as you go. From my experience, I am very excited that I tried it and will be doing it once a month from now on!

Hope this helps! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Blessings
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnielours 26th November 2009, 3:08 am

thank you so much!!! ladies!!!

i think i might have to do a little more research before i go ahead with this...im gonna try it on my mom's hair first....she's much more bold than i am and she's trying to hide those grays

can i also say i love both your avatars!!! you two are so beautiful!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

happy thanksgiving!
Winnielours
Winnielours

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down