CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Henna Permanent or SemiPermanent?

+3
R2D2
Jonezy
Poundcake921
7 posters

Go down

Is Henna Permanent or SemiPermanent? Empty Is Henna Permanent or SemiPermanent?

Post by Poundcake921 21st February 2010, 7:35 pm

I was in the beauty supply store again...someone really needs to put me on a leash for real...lol! I wanted to do a rinse on my hair just to give it some nice highlights...so I picked up 2 bottles of Jazzin but then I saw several boxes of Henna on the shelf...I was going to buy the henna but someone who wokred in the store said it wasn't a rinse and that it was permanent....I didn't buy it bc I dont want to do permanent color on my hair until it grows out more.....so I ended up getting the Jazzin instead just in case...so for people who use it, please let me know how it should be applied.....i'm a lil confused.....thanks!
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Is Henna Permanent or SemiPermanent? Empty Re: Is Henna Permanent or SemiPermanent?

Post by Jonezy 22nd February 2010, 7:51 pm

I believe Henna is said to last around 9 months--I could be wrong, but I think that's what I've read.
Jonezy
Jonezy

http://www.bleucoiffure.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Is Henna Permanent or SemiPermanent? Empty Re: Is Henna Permanent or SemiPermanent?

Post by R2D2 23rd February 2010, 7:26 pm

It's pretty much permanent until it grows out. If you only had one application then it's possible it will gradually fade over time but realistically some level of redness would likely be visible until it grows out. That's why many hairdressers hate it when they have a customer apply henna and then go to them to remove it if they don't like it. It's very difficult to do.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Poundcake921 24th February 2010, 12:57 am

thanks for the info guys...im glad I didn't buy it.....will wait til my hair grows longer
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 24th February 2010, 1:24 am

Poundcake921, be careful as that may not be Body Art Quality ("BAQ") henna you saw on the shelf at the beauty supply store. That shelf henna, if not the correct one, could badly damage your hair.

Check out pages 6-8 in the How For Hair "How to Henna" book. Here is the link
http://www.hennaforhair.com/freebooks/hennaforhair.pdf [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Jazzin did nothing for me when I went natural. The color would not hold on my hair at all. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by Poundcake921 24th February 2010, 7:51 pm

Yeah I know Jazzin most likely won't show on my hair either my hair is very dark....but I got it anyway [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ...thank you for the link!!!
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Post by lina40 27th February 2010, 4:15 am

jazzing was a waste of my money. It literally washed right out of my hair.. which is why i use permanent dyes if I choose. RIght now I am solely a henna gal, but my hair is resistant to dyes and the henna fades in less than 2 months. Other people with more porous hair may have a more permanent color result, but my hair is not that way unless i henna weekly.
lina40
lina40

Back to top Go down

Post by vivacious00 3rd March 2010, 12:50 am

Awhile back, there was a miscommunication with me and my stylist. I wanted my hair burgundy, but it was bleached platinum blonde before being corrected to burgundy. And yes, we both speak English, so I to this day I don't know where the miscommunication was. My hair turned out really close to the bottle, so I think if my hair hadn't been bleached first, the color wouldn't have shown. This wasn't my final straw with the shops, but it was close.
vivacious00
vivacious00

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonezy 3rd March 2010, 1:49 am

vivacious00 wrote:Awhile back, there was a miscommunication with me and my stylist. I wanted my hair burgundy, but it was bleached platinum blonde before being corrected to burgundy. And yes, we both speak English, so I to this day I don't know where the miscommunication was. My hair turned out really close to the bottle, so I think if my hair hadn't been bleached first, the color wouldn't have shown. This wasn't my final straw with the shops, but it was close.

I could be wrong, but I believe she was correct to bleach your hair first. I had a friend who used at home dyes all the time, and in order to get her hair the color that was actually on the box she had to bleach her hair white first, then dye it the real color. It's like starting with a blank canvas, especially with hair that is naturally dark
Jonezy
Jonezy

http://www.bleucoiffure.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vivacious00 3rd March 2010, 2:28 am

The stylist dyed it a couple other times, before without bleaching and no problems. I told him I wanted a certain style; however, the breakdown in communicado happened, the stylist went with the last mental picture he had of my style referrence (color and style) and not strictly the style. It was a mess.
vivacious00
vivacious00

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyShainee 3rd March 2010, 10:13 am

envizionj wrote:

Check out pages 6-8 in the How For Hair "How to Henna" book. Here is the link
http://www.hennaforhair.com/freebooks/hennaforhair.pdf [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thank you for the link for henna. It was really informational. I learned a lot about the history, types, and process [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SimplyShainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down