CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ceakins1908, and the journey begins...

4 posters

Go down

ceakins1908, and the journey begins... Empty ceakins1908, and the journey begins...

Post by ceakins1908 4th November 2010, 12:15 am

Wow, I am excited to begin this journey and scared all at the same time. I have had a perm since the age of 5 and wasn't even sure what kind of hair I might have. My mom does not do her own hair, so doing mine as a child was more than she could handle. My mom has long, very fine hair and when she was young her aunt (a beautician) always did her hair. Now she visits the salon every week. My hair from what I can remember, was always out of control. So thick that multiple ponytails were the only option for me (too thick for one). My hair seems to be a combination of both my father's and my mother's. My father has very thick coarse hair (probably 4a or 4b) and does not grow very well. The same is true for my grandmother's hair. My mom probably has 3 something hair. My hair, with the relaxer was very thick and full but also grew like a weed. I cut it all the time with the mindset that it's just hair and it will grow back.

I've been wanting to go natural for a long time. I think I've been fascinated with natural hair before I even knew what that meant. I remember going to the hairdresser once when I was young and asking her to make my hair tightly curled like a picture of a black model in a magazine. She responded with, "No" because then it would look like a small afro and I wouldn't want it once I had it. I allowed her to style it as usual while I secretly still wanted the afro.

So, that brings me to today...I just BC'd after only 6-7 weeks from my last relaxer. I am sooo excited and scared. I'm not really that sure how to take care of it yet (I've been experimenting since I got home) so any advice would be great. If I had to describe my hair right now, it would be carpet, but a little softer. Smile I think it's soooo cool, maybe because I've never really seen my natural hair before. I was afraid my face would look to big (it diid the last time I had a short cut), but I kinda like it. It's very interesting, I think in a good way.

I'll post pics of the TWA in a couple days after I figure out how to style it. Smile[img][/img]

ceakins1908

Back to top Go down

ceakins1908, and the journey begins... Empty Re: ceakins1908, and the journey begins...

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 4th November 2010, 6:34 am

Hi ceakins....

Congratulations on your big chop!! woot!

I'm not sure how much length you have, but with 6-7 weeks of new growth it sounds like you have a very nice fro!! Personally, and nobody could have convinced me of this when I did my big chop, but I wouldn't do anything but rock that beautiful fro!!

Moisture should be you main focus right now, and finding the right combination of products that will provide you with that will be the key.

Well to CS as you cruise the neighborhood you will find a wealth of information!! Enjoy

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

ceakins1908, and the journey begins... Empty Re: ceakins1908, and the journey begins...

Post by CrissyQ 4th November 2010, 2:42 pm

Welcome, like KNH said moisture is the key. I BC'd eight weeks post relaxer, and all I did was co-wash, use a little leave-in, sealed with oil and was out the door. What are you doing now?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th November 2010, 2:44 pm

Welcome to Curl Street!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down