CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Products with no to minimal amounts of Shea Butter

+3
rayray19
Shrinkage
natmommy415
7 posters

Go down

Products with no to minimal amounts of Shea Butter Empty Products with no to minimal amounts of Shea Butter

Post by natmommy415 1st November 2010, 2:48 pm

Hello all,

I don't know if anyone else has this problem or not but Shea Butter and any products containing a good amount of it, sit right on top of my 3c/4a/4b mix hair. This causes me to have to rub and rub until the product is not visible on my hair anymore and then the next day, my hair feels hard as if I hadn't applied anything. I don't know exactly what is going on, but I do know that my hair really seems to like products high in Aloe Vera juice and glycerin.

Does anyone know of any products or a product line that do not use Shea butter as a main ingredient? Shea oil may be okay, but I am not sure as I have not tried it, but I know Shea butter does not do it for me. No

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

natmommy415

Back to top Go down

Products with no to minimal amounts of Shea Butter Empty Re: Products with no to minimal amounts of Shea Butter

Post by Shrinkage 1st November 2010, 3:27 pm

Qhemet Biologics products do not contain shea butter.

Karen's body beautfiul hair milk does not contain shea butter

MyHoneyChild Type 3, Type 4, and buttery soy hair cream do not have shea butter
Shrinkage
Shrinkage

Back to top Go down

Products with no to minimal amounts of Shea Butter Empty Re: Products with no to minimal amounts of Shea Butter

Post by natmommy415 1st November 2010, 3:37 pm

Awesome Shrinkage!!!

I have been meaning to try the Qhemet and MyHoneyChild products anyway and you just gave me the go ahead that I needed!

Thanks! afro

natmommy415

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrinkage 1st November 2010, 3:45 pm

Great. I really enjoy them both. I used MHC in the dry winter b/c it has no glycerin either. Both brands has very concentrated formulations and are therefore long lasting b/c you only need a little. BUT the owner of MHC has changed the formulations of some of her products by adding water while removing other ingredients (i.e. Type 3 hair cream) and these changes are not reflected on her website.. just a warning, but the products are good...I haven't used the new formulation yet.
Shrinkage
Shrinkage

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 1st November 2010, 5:55 pm

yep i have that same problem with shea butter plus!! it makes me breakout real bad..
i use to love shea moisture products but soon realized they were drying out my hair and causing my cheeks to break out

I can use products with shea butter as long as they are getting rinsed out..like i looove aubrey organics honeysuckle rose conditioner as a DC..it has shea butter in it but its like 4th on the ingredient list..

but i looooove ghemets biologics AOHC..its so moisturizing and contains no SHEA BUTTER!! its truly on of my BFF..
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 1st November 2010, 7:58 pm

Hi Emm,

I have the exact same mix of hair and I can't use shea unless it way down on the ingredient list. At least the 5th or 6th item. I'm an aloe and glycerin gal too. My hair absolutely love its. Darcy's Botanicals has some items with no or little shea. Her deep conditioning mask is one them. It also doesn't have protein. I love it. I also the Palm and Cherry Kernnal Butter (it's an oil pomadish mix).

I use Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade for my scalp and sealing and I hear it's great for twist.

I use Donna Marie's Miracurl Jelly and the Cocoa Hemp Styling Milk for wash and gos and have great results (both are heavy aloe and glycerin mixes).

I also use HEHH Set Me Up Gel (#3) for WNG's. Equally great results and no aloe and glycerin so might be good for winter hair. It's much cheaper but the ingredients aren't natural. No parabens, but I'm not sure if anything else is good about it.

I've also used ORS Replenishing Pak for DCing. No shea. It has protein.
Giovanni Direct is my leave-in.

Afro veda has some nice twisting products with no shea (the totally twisted is one). Then there's ecocustard which many ladies love. It's a mix of Ecostyler gel and other ingredients. You can do a search for the recipe on this board or on Youtube.

Today I have Curls Whipped Cream in my hair for a wash and go. No shea or if it is, it's low on the list. Aloe but no glycerin. I have awesome curl definition, but this is day one so the jury isn't in until I see how my hair looks tomorrow.

Hope this list helps, but I've found lots of products without shea butter. I just go to the company's webpage and look at the products and read the ingredients. I have a running list of things to try in my wallet. Very Happy
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st November 2010, 8:03 pm

Zipporah Beauty products.

www.zipporahbeauty.com
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 1st November 2010, 9:16 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Zipporah Beauty products.

www.zipporahbeauty.com

Lynn,

I love your new avi. Your hair looks incredible.

Which Zipporah products have you tried?
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st November 2010, 10:06 pm

Renny wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:Zipporah Beauty products.

www.zipporahbeauty.com

Lynn,

I love your new avi. Your hair looks incredible.

Which Zipporah products have you tried?

Thanks!!! I won the Glycerin Free Cocoa Butter Delight. I've used it a few times. It worked pretty good but Roxie loves shea butter better than cocoa butter.

Here are a couple of pics when I used the Cocoa Butter Delight:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 1st November 2010, 10:33 pm

Shescentit also has products which do not contain Shea butter.

http://www.shescentit.com/mahehabu.html

Last edited by krazy coils on 1st November 2010, 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 2nd November 2010, 12:29 am

Darcy's Botanicals Vanilla Styling Cream does not contain shea butter and even though it is called a cream, it feels more like a butter so it would work well for sealing and twisting.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrinkage 2nd November 2010, 1:04 am

krazy coils wrote:Shescentit also has products which do not contain Shea butter.

Hi Krazy coils. I have been eying a lot of products from shescentit for Black Friday as I am hoping there is a sale. Which products have you tried and what has been your experience with them?
Shrinkage
Shrinkage

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 2nd November 2010, 7:54 am

Shrinkage wrote:
krazy coils wrote:Shescentit also has products which do not contain Shea butter.

Hi Krazy coils. I have been eying a lot of products from shescentit for Black Friday as I am hoping there is a sale. Which products have you tried and what has been your experience with them?

I've only tried the Banana Brulee deep conditioner and the Coco Creme leave-in and I liked both. The deep conditioner and the leave-in were both moisturizing for me. I plan to re-order for Black Friday and I've been looking at the Marula Hemp butter to try also.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by natmommy415 2nd November 2010, 9:50 am

Thank you ladies for your responses! I was really starting to feel like I had to be the only one with this problem as it seemed every natural hair product I came across had a bunch of shea in it!lol! I am starting to really get discouraged with my hair it is SUPER dry and totally shapeless. I feel like I look a mess!lol I really hope one of these products help me regain at least some of the softness I felt a couple of months ago.

Thanks again ladies! run

natmommy415

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down